Like Minded Lushes - October 2010

Options

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    That was probably part of my problem. I can't eat potatoes, so no fries for me. They did look very yummy.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Karen, the only one was on Lankershim when I lived there. Yum, double double animal style protein. (lettuce leaves no bun) Messy but ooooohhhh so tasty. the fries are the best. When I am in Vegas for my daughters wedding in January I will definitely indulge.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Karen, the only one was on Lankershim when I lived there. Yum, double double animal style protein. (lettuce leaves no bun) Messy but ooooohhhh so tasty. the fries are the best. When I am in Vegas for my daughters wedding in January I will definitely indulge.

Well now they have the one off the 101 exit at Lankershim (going south) across from Micheli's and Poquito Mas ... I haven't been in a very long time but looking at the calorie/sodium online I could go for a protein style without doing too much damage LOL
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 5 drinks

oops, something went wrong there, ended up at Mexican restaurant with friends

those sneaky mean litlle mexican restaurants with inexpensive beer and tasty margaritas. they are so evil.

Yes, you know of the Mexican restaurant that I speak of...devil stuff...super large mugs of amber Dos Equis

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 5 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
  • rjadams
    Options
    Well I had more chocolate port last night. the bottle is finally gone so maybe I can make tonight a no alcohol night. :blushing:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think tonight will be alcohol free, I stuck to one glass of red wine with dinner last night. I have a pot roast in the slow cooker at home, hope it's yummy!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 5 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks

There is no room for failure...not eating out...lots to do on my agenda for the next few days and I don't want to feel like CRAP...I've been a lot perkier and efficient without the lag hangovers

Naughty, naughty, Robin...at least, you sound in better spirits (no pun intended)
    Asjerven, yummy pot roast...put the wine in there
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Robin - glad to see you are brighter, hope that means that Keira is doing well.
    Karen - keep up the good work

I've had a great day. Has been very sunny and warm here. Started the day with 45 mins aerobics on the Wii (third session this week). Followed this with 2.5 hours gardening - digging, weeding, planting etc. Still have spring bulbs to plant and a new vegetable bed to dig but am beginning to see the major work for this year done. Once I can 'tuck' the garden up for the winter I shall replace the gardening with some serious walking. Once I finished the gardening I went for a brisk walk to the chemist to collect a prescription and, having left a load of washing in the machine before I went out, it was then ready for me to hang out on the line. It was warm enough this afternoon for it to dry nicely, even my jeans!! So, have some ironing waiting to be done, I think it will have to wait until tomorrow as I have a church meeting to go to tonight. Did my pilates class last night and am going swimming with daughter and grand-daughter tomorrow night, so has been a good week for the exercise programme.

Have managed to sort through four of the six sacks of paperwork that I brought back from my brother's last week. Most of it has been shredded or recycled but there is some that I will need to re-sort and file. Hoping to get through the last two sacks tomorrow before I go swimming.

Am staying at my daughter's on Saturday night to babysit while Dawn and Chris go to a ball and spend the night at an hotel. I love spending time with the little girls (3 & 6); it's great fun bathing them and reading them their bed time stories, then I can spend the evening catching up with their big sister Emma (16). When I get home on Sunday I want to do some baking so that I have some cakes to take back to my brother's on Tuesday; some I will take into him but the others I will share with his stepson and my oldest daughter and her eldest (Stephanie and Mikkala) who are coming down from the north of England to visit my brother and me. Am really looking forward to that as I haven't seen them since they were here on holiday in August.

On Monday I am taking Emma up to London for the day. She has some birthday money to spend and I have a massage booked at Harrods, courtesy of my son and his partner, so a great day out planned for us both.

Yep - has been a really good week so far and am feeling great. No alcohol since Sunday, so am looking forward to my treat on Saturday and Sunday. I am really hoping for a good weigh in this week.

Keep up the good work fellow lushes! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    Shesh, I don't check the page for a day, and there are too many things to comment on!

Sillygoose - LOVE LOVE LOVE your shotgun beer story!!! That reminds me oh so much of my long gone college days!

Oldbat - how do you like the Wii aerobics?? I've been thinking about getting one to try something new (I'm totally ADD with my cardio - I get SO bored running). Also, I've always wondered how many calories I burn when doing household chores - I SO think those should count! Can't wait for my heart rate monitor to confirm....

Karen - love the pics - my favorite is the corn dog/beer photo - hahahaha. I see you didn't try a turkeyleg???? eck.

To all: don't know what this Carl Jr's place is, as we didn't have it in FL and haven't seen it in GA but THANK GOODNESS! Sounds way too tempting.

Ran a 5k with little problem on Monday, thinking of taking today off, but who knows. Going to run Race for the Cure on saturday, so trying not to feel guilty about taking one day off of exercising. At least this morning I stilled weighed the same, confirming I had in fact lost those last 2 lbs!! I always worry about a good scale reading being a fluke of dehydration and what not.

Anyway - loved reading all your posts!!

-christy
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Oooh I'm so full up my tummy hurts, had lots of calories left for dinner! No alcohol for me tonight, I'm going to be good for once. Had 2 glasses of red wine last night after I opened the bottle to put some in my pasta sauce. Although my weight is staying constant I'm sure I'm looking more podgy round the middle. Think I need to go back to only drinking at weekends to see if it makes a difference again.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I did put a cup of red wine in with the pot roast-finished up the bottle I opened on Sunday, which I shared with DH and the MIL. Hope it's good!
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hey Christy, I love my WiiFit Plus. As a lady of 'a certain age' I find going to the gym a little intimidating and, since retiring, I seem to have less structure to my week. I enjoy having a lot more flexibility in my life and therefore try to avoid too many regular committments. I do go to a Pilates class once a week with a friend and my daughter and I also swim once a week with my daughter and teenage grand-daughter. So the Wii fits my lifestyle very well. Five out of seven days I get onto the Wii as soon as I get up and do about 45 mins - approx 13 mins general warm up and stretching, 13 mins rhythm boxing and around 20 mins either free step or jogging. The beauty of the Wii is that I can do it at any time of day and if I am getting bored I can change to doing something else - perhaps muscle or balance training instead of aerobics. So, as I said, for me it suits very well. Good luck with the Race for Cure.

Pam :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :bigsmile: Oldbat, I like the idea of not having a structured activities as well. I dropped my membership to a studio in September. With winter coming, I just can't fathom getting up, putting on boots, warming up the car just to go exercise. I'd rather just do something here. I've lots of good things on MFP. Maybe that could be my Christmas wish.:wink:
  • rjadams
    Options
    well since i have caved everyday this week I really don't see any point in even not trying tonight. last night I had a little vodka night cap. Now at least I am not drinking copious amounts so maybe I do have some control. I am working on a major plan revision for next week. I am thinking of maybe really watching sugars (even naturally occuring ones) for a while and see if I can't get something moving.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am thinking of maybe really watching sugars (even naturally occuring ones) for a while and see if I can't get something moving.

That might be a good way to shake things up a bit, have you gained?? At least, you are able to control the quantity. For me, it's the whole bottle or nothing. I lost 1.8 last week after being really good with the alcohol intake. I will see what this week brings.

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 5 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks

I'm making up for a bad start...work 12 hours tomorrow, 8 hours Sat. and Sun....a hungover nurse is not a good nurse...if I make it to Monday night, my Mexican restaurant will be nice...big, large beers...yum, yum...5 beers in one weeks is a huge, vast improvement
  • amysj303
    Options
    no drinking last night! was the first night in over a week, I think.
  • rjadams
    Options
    way to go asjerven
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    no drinking for me tonight either :)
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    even after all the madness of last sunday I have managed to lose 1.2lbs this week (so far). I say so far because I have a feeling that the weight is going to go lower a bit but I will wait until next week to officially weigh in.

This weekend is Oktoberfest on Saturday night (last night at Alpine Village in Torrance) and then Sunday is Disneyland AGAIN. This week though I am not drinking and going to be doing my "normal" Disney dining, which is on the healthy side although I am sure there will more sodium then needed in the foods I choose. I will log everything on the memo pad on my phone and try to find nutritional values on the internet for the stuff I eat. I am happy to report that the 2 beers and the glojito on Sunday didn't start me on a downward spiral of drinking all the alcohol in my house ... although I could use a nice snifter of johnny walker black LOL
  • nisijam5
    Options
    although I could use a nice snifter of johnny walker black LOL

Before you do that...look at your photo...you've come a long way, baby