100 pushups. Here we go.

Options
My husband and I are starting the 100 pushups challenge today. (Google hundred pushups)

He and I did the test yesterday and I am embarassed to say I couldn't even do 5. He is in much better shape than I am and he could do 20 :grumble: . We have agreed we will do this plan over the next 6 weeks to see if it is true that you can accomplish one hundred uhups in a row at the end of the training. It eases you up, like a ouch to 5K for your upper body, but pushups engage so much of your core that you develop strength in more than just your arms. :bigsmile:

Anybody want to do it with us? More accountability=more likely I will stick to it and have some gorgeous arms and chest to prove I can do this!

Take your "before" pics and start today, we will be finished in 6 weeks, on November 12.

Lets go!!

Replies

• Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i can't even do one and i have upper body strength. i do push offs: off the wall, off the counter. more power to those who can. wow.
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    i've seen the website! I'm going to start this weekend!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    Just looked it up- sounds good! My upper body strength is a major weakness of mine.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    OK well I barely squeaked out two. And my form wasn't great, I'm gonna be honest. But I figure I lost my first 30 doing a c25k and then a 10k, so I want to see if I can meet this challenge.

I will! Glad jmarie you're with me!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to be able to do one real pushup. I do halves, from the knees, but can't get that far down. I will work the arms this month.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'll take a look at this.. I suck at pushups! :bigsmile:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have not even looked at the site yet but I am in!!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    I just did the test, I can do 6, probably could do 7 but I don't want to hurt myself lol.

I'll start Monday. =]
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    I'm in. I actually did 10 push ups last night - although I was on my knees. I'll do the test this evening when I get home. I'm excited:wink:
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    im definitely going to try this!
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....I can do 3 "normal" ones....I am horrible at these. I plan to start on Monday
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Just did my initial test and got 35 push ups. That means I get to zoom to week 4 training! Bring it on 100!!!

Thanks for letting us know about this challenge. I plan on smashing it!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    ok. I decided to start on my knees because I can't do more than 2 on my feet. So I just did day 1, which was 2, rest 60 secs, 3, rest, 2, rest, 2, rest, then do your max.

Since I was onmy knees, and determined to set a good starting point, I got a max out of 8 at the end.

I am so excited that so many are responding! We will keep each other on track!:bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Just did my initial test and got 35 push ups. That means I get to zoom to week 4 training! Bring it on 100!!!

Thanks for letting us know about this challenge. I plan on smashing it!

OH wow!!!!! You and my husband have quite the headstart on the rest of us!!! Congrats!
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That sounds like fun! There is an iphone app too :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    i was looking at the iphone app, but it seems to have a lot of unsatisfied reviews, crashing problems and so I'm not going to drop 99cents on it. I printed out the weeks and I stapled them all together. That way I can write on there what my max numbers were each time and have a record of how I progressed.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Coincidentally, I just started something similar to this of my own volition; it'll be good to have a real plan to go off of, as currently I just do as many push-ups as possible several times a day ... I've noticed some pretty significant change already, and I can do more than when I started, but having done the test just now I still only fall in week 3. (To be fair, though, my body is super sore from a mammoth evening of cardio and strength training a couple days ago.) Even so, I'd rather start in an earlier week, I think, so that I can take time to build up.

Also, there are a couple apps in the Android market, too. Unlike the iphone app, they're free. I tried one, it has a lot of very positive reviews (though it may not work as well in Android OS 2.2 as it does in the earlier OSes, ie, the proximity counter may not work as well ... it's not available for all phones in the first place). I liked the one I installed, just gotta touch the screen with your nose!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    So, I'm going to do Sunday, Tuesday, Thursdays. I did my first set today. Didn't have too much trouble with anything except the max, which is funny. I can do 6 pretty quickly but 7 was HARD. =]

Week One, Set One: Max 7
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'd like to jump in. I'll start tonight.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm working toward real ones, but practicing with using low counters and desks and stairs. We got to start somewhere. Where are those muscles.