100 pushups. Here we go.

Options

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    (On my knees)
    Week 2, Day 3, Max = 20

It was hard today. But, I was happy to make the minimum on the max set. If I didn't make it, I was going to start week 2 over again. But, it looks like I'm moving on to week 3! :glasses:
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    OK I have been really lagging and I need to re-start. I feel like an entire week of downtime will set me back to my starting point, so I am going to start over. Since a bunch of new folks are joining, I am hoping that I will have the strength and determination to do this. Ready? GO

I may have to join you in restarting. I have totally let the week get by without doing one push up. I don't know if I can push myself to get the entire week 2 in in the next three days. I'll see how tonight goes and will let you know if I will restart.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    i keep trying to do this and quit at the third week.... maybe i need to start again
  • VJ150
    Options
    Congratulations Jamie on moving to week 3. I think I may start over since I have messed up this entire week but I'll see how tonight goes first before making the decision.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My program had me re-test today (probably because I'd not been able to entirely meet my sets, as I mentioned previously) and I fell into column two this time. Monday I'll start week three, day one.

Oh, and last night I did 26 push-ups for my birthday. Hahaha ... I'd had quite a few drinks by that point. Would explain why I was doing push-ups on the floor of a bar ...
  • fitbot
    Options
    here we go again. week 1 day 1. 11 max
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Week 1, day 3, max 21. Max was only 1 better than day 2 but I didn't push it as my arms were sore from the gym the day before.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Halobender, just out of interest are you using the iphone app? My friend started using that at the same time I started using the programme printed off the website. It seemed to start him off much harder then me and he said it was nearly killing him! He's moved over to the low tech paper programme now and has moved down a column and is finding it much more achievable.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi just seen this! I started and am on week 2 day 3. I do the knee type but with my knees out far (instead of knees under the hips) because I can't do the full type. My question is what do you do during the rest periods? I jog gently on the treadmill to keep my heart rate up.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    OK I have been really lagging and I need to re-start. I feel like an entire week of downtime will set me back to my starting point, so I am going to start over. Since a bunch of new folks are joining, I am hoping that I will have the strength and determination to do this. Ready? GO

I may have to join you in restarting. I have totally let the week get by without doing one push up. I don't know if I can push myself to get the entire week 2 in in the next three days. I'll see how tonight goes and will let you know if I will restart.

I am totally ready to restart. My hubby took a week of vacation and hanging out with him is great but not conducive to exercising. So tomorrow is back to business! Ready to restart? I am, let's do it together!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Hi just seen this! I started and am on week 2 day 3. I do the knee type but with my knees out far (instead of knees under the hips) because I can't do the full type. My question is what do you do during the rest periods? I jog gently on the treadmill to keep my heart rate up.

I just rest. Pushups don't get my heart rate up, so I don't count them as cardio, so I'm not worried about heart rate. My goal is to have good form, even if it means I have to do less of them .
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Halobender, just out of interest are you using the iphone app? My friend started using that at the same time I started using the programme printed off the website. It seemed to start him off much harder then me and he said it was nearly killing him! He's moved over to the low tech paper programme now and has moved down a column and is finding it much more achievable.
    I'm using an Android app (it's called 'Drop And Give Me Twenty"); regardless to whether I'd been using the app or not I would have ended up on column three--at least from the instructions I found, which I'm sure aren't different from that which others are following. I qualified for column three from the test in either the paper format or the phone app and the paper format doesn't have you change columns at all until week 3 either. It seems that it would be the same either way, I think that my predominant problem is keeping up my calories and getting enough good food to keep my muscles from just lapsing every time. I have a hard time eating my exercise calories :(
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Based on my initial test of 22 push-ups, it had me start off on week 3. So I loaded the ap. on my iphone and started this past Saturday. When I first glanced at the workout, I thought this should be a piece of cake since I did 22 a few days earlier and was in fairly good shape. What a humbling experience I had. Even though it didn't have me go over 12 during the entire workout, I was wiped out afterwards. It really left me winded and drained. I guess I am not in as good of share as i thought I was or least in the upper body area. I am soo glad I found this thread because it's exactly what I needed.

I am looking forward to week 3 day 2 tonight.

Take care, Hawkeye
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Lucky Lep thanks its good to know what others do. I generally do my push-ups after my cardio session on the treadmill. I stop my HRM after the run and then re-set it when I start the first push-up. I find my HR drops about 10% during the press-up challenge so I then jump back on the treadmill during the rest stages and it increases it again the 10%. I finding I still burn about 120 calories so I log them under cardio.

Good luck with the challenge :drinker:
  • jamie1888
    Options
    When I do mine at home, I just rest between sets. The last time I did them at home, it took about 5 minutes in total and I burned 30 calories. When I did them Friday, I was at the gym. So, I jumped on the treadmill between sets to keep my heart rate going.

I was supposed to retest this weekend to start week 3 today. But, I forgot! So, I might retest today at lunch and then start week3 tonight or just start tomorrow and do Tue, Thurs, Sat for this week. I'll see how I feel later!

Happy Monday everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Finished 28 consecutive pushups on my test. So, I'm going to start week 3 in column 3. Looks like a tough week! I hope I can complete it! :noway:
  • VJ150
    Options
    Lucky,

I'm joining you on the restart. I'll restart tonight. This time I'll stay on point. lol:bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    OK awesome. I restarted today too. Week 1 Day 1, Max 8. So I did the same as I did last time, which is ok with me :)
  • fitbot
    Options
    week 1 day 2- max 13
    yes, i am doing these on my knees. my trainer said this is ok until i build up some upper body strength- she suggested to do some tricep dips alternating with knee pushups- right now i can barerly do 2 real pushups.... so step 1, do 100 pushup challenge the girly way, step 2 redo it with proper pushups.
  • jamie1888
    Options
    week 1 day 2- max 13
    yes, i am doing these on my knees. my trainer said this is ok until i build up some upper body strength- she suggested to do some tricep dips alternating with knee pushups- right now i can barerly do 2 real pushups.... so step 1, do 100 pushup challenge the girly way, step 2 redo it with proper pushups.

I'm doing the same thing... 1 challenge the girly way then 1 challenge the real way.