100 pushups. Here we go.

Options

Replies

• fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start on Monday. I've been sick this week and I should be better by then.:ohwell:
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2, Max 8.

OMG. Last night I wasn't for certain if I would make it through but I prevailed. Today, I am really sore. Good thing I have a rest day from the challenge. Tomorrow is Day 3.

Good Luck everyone!! ;-)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    (On my knees)
    Week 1, Day 3, Max = 20
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late to join. Just been to the website and downloaded the pdf for the complete program. I did 10 pressups and then another 5 earlier but that was before I read about the challenge. I'm going to try to fit this in on the days I don't go to the gym. I'll probably do mon, thurs and sat.
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Decided to start a day early as didn't go to the gym as usual today, so..

week 1, day 1, max 17

surprised myself with that actually but still don't see myself getting to 100 full push ups, might have to drop it to half push ups on my knees as the reps increase.

do anyone else's elbows click as they get to lowest position? maybe it's just my knackered joints!
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    Today is the first day of the challenge. Post totals later.
  • VJ150
    Options
    Week 1, Day 3, Max 10
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ugh my birthday this weekend really got me off track. too much of everything.

I will be starting week 2 today.

Proud of you guys for sticking with it!
  • VJ150
    Options
    ugh my birthday this weekend really got me off track. too much of everything.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Mine is tomorrow!
  • jamie1888
    Options
    (On my knees)
    Week 2, Day 1, Max = 17

Happy Birthday to you both!! :flowerforyou:
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - Week 1 Day 1, Max 12 All on my knees
    Today is the first day of the challenge. Post totals later.
  • Banner1375
    Banner1375 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight. Thanks for pointing us to this site.
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Week 1, day 2, max 20
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Great challenge. I "use" to be able to do about 80-90 consecutive pushups in 2 mins. during my ARMY days, but that was almost 25 years ago. My how time flies! :)

I just started getting back into doing them after my workouts while stretching and was able to manage 22 last night. I will officially start this on Monday.

Thanks for posting this.
  • jamie1888
    Options
    (On my knees)
    Week 2, Day 2, Max = 13

4 short of the minimum I was supposed to do! :grumble:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    OK I have been really lagging and I need to re-start. I feel like an entire week of downtime will set me back to my starting point, so I am going to start over. Since a bunch of new folks are joining, I am hoping that I will have the strength and determination to do this. Ready? GO
  • troyindallas
    troyindallas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in. I will take the test tomorrow. Read the site and it looks pretty good. I know my arms are weak, this is just what I need. I started dieting with MFP two months ago. I have lost 36 lbs. to date. Looking to lose 79 more. Love this site, HATE pushups. Oh well, here I go...
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Can''t wait to see my "big guns" in a month!!!! ;)
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!!! I get to start at Week 3!!! I'll get right on that...tomorrow! LOL!!! :)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week two, Day three ... ouch. When I tested I fell into week three, but I felt like it would be better for me to start in week one. I can't quite get to the very end of the sets; tonight I was short by five push-ups; on day two of this week I did even worse and was ten short. By the end of set four I'm so exhausted from the previous sets that I'm not making it to any max level, even though sometimes I take longer than the 120 second breaks. (Although, I'm in column three, which is rather difficult and had me doing 76 push-ups in total tonight; I still can't seem to do more consecutively than when I tested in at 17.)

Tonight I nearly passed out while I was doing them because I was kinda holding my breath and really stressing myself. I'm fine, I'm getting hydrated, eating some protein, all of that good stuff.

I'll start week three on Saturday. I figure that if I don't do it this way then any progress made will be lost over the weekend.

Tomorrow (or now, as it is after midnight in most places, as well as here on the pacific coast) is my birthday, so Saturday will be really hard, but waiting until Monday would be detrimental.

On a side note, a few October birthdays partaking in this challenge.