100 pushups. Here we go.

Options

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start tonight! I can only do 2 or 3 regular pushups. So, I'm going to start on my knees at column 3.
    Looking forward to getting stronger! <insert Rocky theme here> :bigsmile:
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Just did my initial test and got 35 push ups. That means I get to zoom to week 4 training! Bring it on 100!!!

Thanks for letting us know about this challenge. I plan on smashing it!

You're my hero! :tongue:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Week 1, day 1, my max was 8. I was a little sore, but nothing very bad at all.

Week 1 day 2, (yesterday) my max was also 8. I really pushed those out, and I told myself I can do the same max even if I had done more pushups. We'll see if the trend continues next time... probably not:ohwell:

My arms feel a little more sore today than they did after day 1, which I expected, but still not too bad, and nothign that wiill stop me from driving or working or anything else :)

I'm soexcited to see all of the members joining in!!! We can do this!
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    This sounds great. I was able to do 11 pushups. I want my days to be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Good luck everyone!
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1, Max = 15 (on knees)
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1, Max = 3 (on knees)

It was the minimum, but at least I did that. :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    You guys are doing great!!

I am feeling a little stiff, a couple of advil should get rid of that. I have a long drive and my neck/shoulders sort of kinked up. Other than that, no problems to report!
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    im in! :D
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    Week One, Set One: Max 7

Week One, Day Two: Max 7

Didn't improve my max yet.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    however, you did more pushups (altogether) today than you did yesterday! That's progress!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    I was able to get out 10 on the initial test last night. Tonight will be Week 1 Day 1. Originally I wanted to do MWF - but my days are off this week. This week will be Wed-Thurs-Sat and I'll get on my regular schedule for Week 2.

Good luck everyone!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I'm sort of dreading today. I had two rest days in between and now I'm lagging.

I will get them done today, I just don't think my max is going up....:ohwell:
  • jamie1888
    Options
    (On my knees)
    Week 1, Day 2, Max = 17
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 2. Max 8 on knees.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon, and dragging my bf along! Will do the initial test tonight!! :)

Went ahead and signed up on pushupslogger.com
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Week 1, day 3, max 10! YAY I'm making progress! Nice to see new folks joining in, too!
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1, Max 8

The urge to do them on my knees was almost overwhelming, but I didn't.
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Since I can only do a couple of regular pushups (not on my knees), my plan is to do this challenge on my knees first. Then repeat the challenge doing REAL ones! :happy:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    me too, Jamie. I can't do more than one "real" pushup, and I figured if I was cheating my way through this challenge doing baby-half-pushups instead of fully going down to 90 degrees with my elbows, then I would not see the results and I would be wasting time. So I'm on the same plan: increase upper body strength by doing this challenge on the knees, and then tackle it again when I can do proper pushups!
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Exactly! The goal here is to get stronger. And we are accomplishing that goal while maintaining good form! :wink: