Challenge of not eating out for a week.

Options
12346»

Replies

• sheenashe10
    Options
    A week? I'm going on like 3 years!

Wow 3 yrs. I guess you host a lot of dinner parties at your house. That's amazing!
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    I am sorry but I personally find it a very sad state of affairs that our culture has become so reliant on eating 'out' that it is considered a challenge to go a week without doing so.

I agree!

Its hard to eat home on the weekends when you go shopping or you are out and about. Some people have no time to cook after work. Going out is fast and cheap. Yes it is sad but it is what we became. Our society especially a city society loves our fast pace life.
    not everyone is like this. I eat before and after going out shopping. And even if no time, you can whip up a salad.

Way to go! I'm starting to bring out snacks with me. I always have to eat every 2hrs so its difficult for me not to eat out sometimes.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Who would like to join me in a challenge of not eating out for a week? and that includes not drinking coffee out.
    I TOTALLY read this wrong....I thought the challenge was not eating for a week. LOL! I'm in, but it's not that much of a challenge for me.
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    Who would like to join me in a challenge of not eating out for a week? and that includes not drinking coffee out.
    I TOTALLY read this wrong....I thought the challenge was not eating for a week. LOL! I'm in, but it's not that much of a challenge for me.

I'm continuing this challenge for another week. So far I lost 3lbs last week. ;) Welcome to the challenge.
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    I havent eaten out in two months. But if I had the chance and didnt, my girlfriend would be pretty pissed.

2mths wow! Can I ask how much you lost from not eating out? I lost 3lbs in a week.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    When you say no coffee even, i had to say no right there! thats my one treat..
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    When you say no coffee even, i had to say no right there! thats my one treat..

You can have coffee but no latte lol try having the coffee black.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I havent eaten out in two months. But if I had the chance and didnt, my girlfriend would be pretty pissed.

2mths wow! Can I ask how much you lost from not eating out? I lost 3lbs in a week.

I gained 5lbs. I always follow eating out with assisted bodyweight cardio, so I haven't had those workouts in place.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

I gained 5lbs. I always follow eating out with assisted bodyweight cardio, so I haven't had those workouts in place.

Sounds like you need to eat out more... Bodyweight calisthenics is a great workout. I hear "zumba" is pretty good too.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    This will be easy. I probably won't have a chance to eat out for a long time. Maybe even the end of the month.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Sounds like you need to eat out more... Bodyweight calisthenics is a great workout. I hear "zumba" is pretty good too.

I eat out as often as i can. Latey it's only been every couple of weeks. The assisted bodyweight cardio sounds like a hoot! I need to caution you about "zumba". I stopped running and switched to a 100% "zumba" plan. I regained 28 pounds. NOT a great idea!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I eat out as often as i can. Latey it's only been every couple of weeks. The assisted bodyweight cardio sounds like a hoot! I need to caution you about "zumba". I stopped running and switched to a 100% "zumba" plan. I regained 28 pounds. NOT a great idea!

giphy.gif
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm far too lazy to not eat out. Lost 53 lbs this way though, so meh. Different strokes on folks or something
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me crave beef.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I've managed to avoid it myself for my entire life. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't want my husband to take up this challenge, though. *shrug*
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I like eating out.

Oh, wait... that's not what you meant.
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    So I wanted to do my challenge for 2 weeks but today I craved pizza even though my fridge was already packed with cooked meals. grrrrrr I lost 4-5 lbs already. I have to restart this challenge and see if I can do it for 2 weeks straight. Good luck to everyone.
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So I wanted to do my challenge for 2 weeks but today I craved pizza even though my fridge was already packed with cooked meals. grrrrrr I lost 4-5 lbs already. I have to restart this challenge and see if I can do it for 2 weeks straight. Good luck to everyone.

We have been doing this to save money. So far we are on our second week. Sunday's after church are the hardest day for me since I would much rather go out to lunch than have to cook lunch when I get home from church but so far so good. This week is Easter so that means a whole lot of cooking. :) As much as I enjoy eating out, I also enjoy eating at home. I KNOW I eat less when I eat at home I just have to keep trying new things so I don't get bored with the meals.

Every once in a while is not a bad thing so just start again tomorrow. I have made it in to a game keeping track of the number of days I can "not" eat out and I don't give up easily so my pizza cravings have been met with a homemade pizza. :)