Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm a Town Planner.............lots of sitting at a desk, but I can also get out and about on site so not too bad! I enjoy my job x
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else amamzed by the number of HR/Accounting/payroll/I.T.people on here??????

I am and am not... we sit way too long...

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing. I NEVER run into anyone in HR or payroll, and I've seen quite a few on this thread.

I'm the payroll manager for multiple insurance companies across the US. I'm also a photographer on the weekends.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I work to live....
    Or I should I say live to work......
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I have noticed something about this thread. Many of the women describe themselves as a wife and mom first, before they identify the work they do for pay. I don't think a single man on this thread has described himself as a husband and dad first. Point one out if I'm wrong. Why is this so? Are all the men here single?

I'm a single and childless human female for now. I wonder how I will describe myself if/when I am married and/or a mom.

It's all about priorities---if you ever get to wife, and, or mom, you'll see.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    im a dad, but that isnt a living its much more of an expense

to help with the flow of money out of my bank account im a software developer.
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm an designer for a company that manufactures and sells surveillance equipment. I administrate the company's three website as well as do web and print design.

Before this I worked for a game company doing art and animation for an online children's game as well as a few iPhone games. I was burning myself out so needed something a little less stressful. :)
  • elainek79
    elainek79 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Im a psychiatric nurse ....ive always wanted to be a nurse since i was a little girl and psychiatry is both extremely interesting and challenging, I am privileged to be able to help people when they are at their lowest to find recovery what ever they may be for them...you learn alot about yourself ...it has made me more apprecative of both my mental and physical health :)
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Biosafety Officer for a research university/mom of 1. Pretty sedentary, but I can get in some miles when I have compliance inspections.
  • LouLoulost
    LouLoulost Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am a wife/Mom-2 kids grown and on their own- Office Assistant in Parks &Recreation -Aquatics unit, I love my job because this is where fun happens Parks & Rec
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm a packer at a toilet paper and paper towel plant. I'm pretty active on most days. However, Mondays and Fridays it seems are the days that my machine breaks down and cleaning is all I do. I get home at 3:30pm and fit in an hour workout around 6pm.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Hang out with (alleged) felons!

AHAHA

I like how you edited this and put in (alleged) .. JUST IN CASE .. :bigsmile:
    innocent until proven GUILTY

UNLESS. Until implies inevitability.
    Usually! :laugh:
  • Pattie74
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a Realtor. I eat in the car, on the run a lot and in order to get healthier and lose weight, I've had to pre-plan snacks and meals. I'm also taking water with me everywhere which is helping a lot too!
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I am a Dispatcher for a law enforcement agengy and a mom.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mom of two boys (6 1/2 and 9 1/2), work per diem as a registration coordinator at a local hospial, substitute at the elemetary school and very small scale massage therapist.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Biomedical research scientist at a pharmaceutical company. Some days it's sedentary desk-work: reading, writing, calculating. Other days I may be on my feet/walking and/or sitting in the lab most of the day.
    But we have a nice campus and I can go for a walk during lunch, if I want to. And we also have several wellness activities and incentives, too, so it makes it a bit easier than a lot of jobs!! We have a selection of healthy (and not so healthy) foods in the caf and vending machines (that I rarely frequent anymore!)
  • Jersey_GirlSpins
    Jersey_GirlSpins Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Deliver Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks to doctors offices. And every now and then, sell some drugs!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Personal Assistant in Finance

It's very slow and boring, try and hit the gym at lunchtime and try not to think about eating all day!
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    you know that selling drugs is normally illegal right?? ..... just saying...... I'm not following you or anything....

I'm a civil engineer.... yes, I know, boring!!
  • Jersey_GirlSpins
    Jersey_GirlSpins Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    you know that selling drugs is normally illegal right?? ..... just saying...... I'm not following you or anything....

I'm a civil engineer.... yes, I know, boring!!

Now who's stalking who?

Hey, I've got to make a living, don't I??
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    ok.... what I do for a living, is like... well its complicated!!.... I kind'o find hot girls on chat forums, befriend them, and like stalk them all over the chat forums and stuff!! ....it's kind of weird I know..... but hey! you gotta pay those bills somehow right!!

oh... hi Jersey Girl!! ....