Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a self made woman. I own a whole bunch of dumpsters which have been rehabbed into tiny houses. I rent them out to both budget travelers, and rich weirdos. What can I say, it's a living.
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I'm a self employed Cosmetologist & Reflexologist

• angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    Options
    I'm a dog behaviourist. Mainly self employed but also work for rescues
  • syracusehorn
    syracusehorn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a library director. I spend a lot of time in my office, and about half the time walking to other nearby offices and visiting public areas. I walk up 1 flight of stairs probably 10 times a day. I love my job, but it's not going to burn a lot of calories. I have to do that at 5AM or after my son goes to bed at 8:30PM.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »
    Well, I'm a self made woman. I own a whole bunch of dumpsters which have been rehabbed into tiny houses. I rent them out to both budget travelers, and rich weirdos. What can I say, it's a living.

How can I get in on this Venture?

I partnered with Suzreen and now run a Home finders outfit called Dumpster Dive and it's been very Lucrative since the Election! :no_mouth:
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »

How can I get in on this Venture?

I partnered with Suzreen and now run a Home finders outfit called Dumpster Dive and it's been very Lucrative since the Election! :no_mouth:

How interesting :)
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    Happily retired and trying to stay that way....
  • ryanthegreat314
    ryanthegreat314 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Sell life insurance. Shoot guns. Drink beer
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Full time trucker and part time showoff
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Stay at home Dad to a Special Needs daughter by day.

Recreational Hockey Referee by night.
  • mmblarg
    mmblarg Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Graphic designer and full time student. Not too helpful and it built some really bad habits that have been hard to break... like going to the McDonalds across the campus almost every night on my way home.... Imagine being forced to drive past a physical temptation that was part of a routine every night at 10pm when you are tired and stressed....
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm the billing manager for the durable medical equipment department at a pharmacy. It includes sitting on my *kitten* in my chair for 12 - 14 hours a day. So completely detrimental to a healthy lifestyle.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    Was a Professional Flamenco Dancer, then a Co Director, Writer and Choreographer for a Children's Theater Group
    all at the same time running our Family Home Improvement Business for the past 26 years, - Renovating pre 1900s Homes...
    which I recently left.

Short answer? As of a month ago...absolutely nothing! :confused:
  • Wax_on_wax_off
    Wax_on_wax_off Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I teach non contact boxing to people diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Stay-at-home mom...freelance copywriter and editor...amateur tennis player. Once upon a time I worked in magazine publishing.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am a high school vice principal. Detrimental to fitness goals for a few reasons.
    1. I sit far more than when I was in the classroom
    2. I do not have free lunch hours anymore (when I used to hit the school gym or go for a jog)
    3. longer days and way more stress

I combat this by ensuring I eat well, hydrate and have amped up the cardio (going for evening jogs). So far so good.
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Professional writer-- content/copywriter/ghostwriter for websites, pro blogs, viral newsletters.

Sitting on *kitten* most of the day isn't conducive to a healthy lifestyle. But I prioritize my health and happiness now.
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I work for the department of housing for urban development....aka h.u.d
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    I don't get paid for it but Do a lot of Volunteer work and I'm a Social Activist ;)