What does your lunch bag look like?

Options

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Can't post a picture, but I'll describe. :tongue: I work 24-hour shifts at the fire department. I bring a large soft-sided cooler, tall enough to fit my 6, liter-sized water bottles and my gallon Rubbermaid jug and food containers for the day. I also bring a box, standard cardboard, with my dry goods. (ie. Coffee, snacks etc...) I pack enough for 36 hours, just in case I get held over. No cute little lunch box for me. :ohwell: Tho' I'm loving some of the cute ones that have been posted. :drinker:

Wow props! 6 liters worth of water is a lot of hauling. Must get your workout in one sitting lol

LOL I've been held over at work and/or had really slow days where food runs out WAY before shift does....so I probably over pack, but if it doesn't come with me, then it doesn't get eaten. One of the 6 liter bottles is my "creamer" that I make for my coffee. The rest are protein drinks to help me make my macros, they tend to be too syrupy for my taste if I make them as directed, so I do one in a liter of water for the same protein grams and extra water. It works. I just wish they made a CUTE cooler, I would buy one.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    It's been so long since I've posted a picture on here, I don't know if I remember how to do it right. lol

This is mine, a thirty-one bag in butterfly print. The reverse side doesn't have the polka-dot print, just the butterflies.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-quSvQrzt6QA/TxDOy1r87PI/AAAAAAAAROU/OmivzJ1Onuc/s1600/thermal+totes+002.JPG

Almost looks like the same size as mine.

It's not a bad size, but if I wanted to bring much more, it might be difficult. I can fit 5-6 16 oz bottles of water in it (I've done it for long trips). I generally bring a frozen lunch (mostly Lean Cuisine), carrots, some Oikos dip for the carrots, a Greek yogurt, a cheese stick or cottage cheese and a serving of beef jerky. There's still room for more, I could fit a fruit or two in there, for sure.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I’m a proud member of A.P.E. (Agency to Prevent Evil)!

Lancelot-Link-Secret-Chimp.jpg
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    A piece of sausage, two individually wrapped cheese snacks, a Pyrex with chicken carnitas and shredded cheese inside.

:flowerforyou:
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    This is my even day lunchbox.

1970-H.R.-Pufnstuf.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    mmX624sgJBHPKAu10WmyojQ.jpg

But with the proper letter.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm easy. I just reuse plastic grocery bags.
    Same here!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have one of these genius things, and use it everyday for my lunch salad:

Salad_To_Go10054476_2_x.jpg

I fill the bottom bin with spinach, the top sections with chopped veggies, cheese, and chicken, and the middle container with dressing. Then I just pop it into a grocery bag with my afternoon snack (usually an apple with peanut butter, or some cottage cheese and fruit or something) and away I go.
  • apgabriel915
    apgabriel915 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use this one as well. It works for me and I don't usually have an issue putting anything in it. We have 2 and H and I rotate them. I also have a Vera Bradley cooler that I bring when I need to
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Protein bar and water
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I commute to work on a train and then walk a couple miles each day, so the less I can carry the better. I can typically fit my lunch in my purse.

When I can't, I use one of these bags: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FSBE2PK/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 AWESOME market tote bags, also great when buying cold things at the store. When I use this bag for lunch I'll carry a smaller purse and put my lunch and any cosmetic bags, etc. in the market bag.

I just reuse plastic grocery bags now but I'm in love with this bag. Might have to get them :)
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Can't post a picture, but I'll describe. :tongue: I work 24-hour shifts at the fire department. I bring a large soft-sided cooler, tall enough to fit my 6, liter-sized water bottles and my gallon Rubbermaid jug and food containers for the day. I also bring a box, standard cardboard, with my dry goods. (ie. Coffee, snacks etc...) I pack enough for 36 hours, just in case I get held over. No cute little lunch box for me. :ohwell: Tho' I'm loving some of the cute ones that have been posted. :drinker:

Wow props! 6 liters worth of water is a lot of hauling. Must get your workout in one sitting lol

LOL I've been held over at work and/or had really slow days where food runs out WAY before shift does....so I probably over pack, but if it doesn't come with me, then it doesn't get eaten. One of the 6 liter bottles is my "creamer" that I make for my coffee. The rest are protein drinks to help me make my macros, they tend to be too syrupy for my taste if I make them as directed, so I do one in a liter of water for the same protein grams and extra water. It works. I just wish they made a CUTE cooler, I would buy one.

No kidding. If I see something I'll let you know ;)
  • TaintedVampyre
    Options
    I’m a proud member of A.P.E. (Agency to Prevent Evil)!

Lancelot-Link-Secret-Chimp.jpg

You're awesome :)
  • TaintedVampyre
    Options

1970-H.R.-Pufnstuf.jpg

I need to start hanging out with the cool kids again...
  • TaintedVampyre
    Options
    Protein bar and water

Seriously? That's all you eat throughout the day?
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have an Igloo Mini City bag like this one http://www.igloocoolers.com/Soft-Sides_cat?mem=f only mine is black, grey and turquoise.

I love it. It fits my mason jars of veggies and the exterior pocket holds my sodas.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    2nh3gnm.jpg
    the small lulu lemon bag works perfect for me!
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5arLIxBpHmYWB9i6mwjIOZ6boOWLpaJGvYfXErgSvkI6OznLrYg

If everything doesn't fit, I'll use my purse or, if it's necessary, a Publix shopping bag.

Can you provide a link or the brand name?
  • TaintedVampyre
    Options
    I have an Igloo Mini City bag like this one http://www.igloocoolers.com/Soft-Sides_cat?mem=f only mine is black, grey and turquoise.

I love it. It fits my mason jars of veggies and the exterior pocket holds my sodas.

You use Mason Jars? That's awesome, I've never thought of using jars to store my veggies. I have ideas now! :)
  • DWBalboa
    Options

1970-H.R.-Pufnstuf.jpg

I need to start hanging out with the cool kids again...

LOL.... There's always room at our table. ;-)