Scared to lose my breasts when i lose all the weight

Replies

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    I've lost (to date) 117 pounds. The only thing that's gotten smaller is my band size - cup? Not a chance, so it looks like I might be stuck with them, after all. Believe me, I'd LOVE to lose some at this point, because the smaller I get everywhere else, the more my back is killing me. I'm only 5'3" - 5'3" + DD boobs = excruciating pain. I may have to get reduction surgery if they don't go down soon.

My husband loves me whether I'm large or small-breasted. It matters not to him - and that's honestly the way it should be for everyone. You love for what they are, not what they look like.
    I guess it's because i know that the main sexual turn on for a guy is boobs, and the bigger the better for most guy.

Not so. I know more men that say "more than a handful is a waste" than the other way around. You can't judge the entire male gender by one statement like that - it's just not correct.

It may be determined by your genetics and the women in your family. I keep hoping they'll go down by a lot - most of the women in my family wear size B, so I'm hoping that it'll happen at the last minute.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Mine were two of the first things to go, I've lost almost 50 lbs, have gone from 42C to about a 36B so far. I don't mind being a little smaller on top, however I am disappointed that I'm not as perky and firm as I'd like to be. Too many years of being overweight killed the elasticity of my skin. I'm seriously considering a boob job, not necessarily to go bigger, but to see if I can have them perked up a bit.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    I'm a breast cancer survivor. Four years ago I had roughly 1/3 of my left breast removed, followed by seven weeks of radiation. After the trauma of surgery and rads I opted not to have reconstruction, consequently "the girls" don't match. My surgeon gave me the option of reducing the unaffected breast so they would be proportionate.

My husband told me that I meant more to him than a pair of boobs, matching or otherwise. In the end what should matter most is your health.

(applause) (standing ovation) :smile:
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Just because your husband likes your big breasts now doesn't mean he won't like your smaller breasts later. Personally, I find all these comments encouraging. I WANT to lose mine! My husband pooched his lip out and pouted when I mentioned that my cups weren't running over anymore. He got over it. Your husband will, too.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 286 Member
    Well I think everyone is different. I have FFs and I lost 30 pounds (down to 128) a couple years back and didnt lose anything besides the measurement went down. Still had pretty much the same cup. I can lose lose lose and never goes from my boobs but when I gain thats the first place it goes. When I graduated HS many many years ago I was 103 pounds with DDs... So maybe you wont lose them. If you do lose them just get a boob job if it bothers you that much :smile:
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    I have been a double D since i was about sixteen, it is mostly genetic for me. but now that i've gotten healthy and lost weight my breasts have reduced drastically.
    I am much happier knowing that my chest is muscular and I can flex my pecs than worrying about whether my boyfriend thinks my boobs are big enough. and BTW, he LOVES my breasts and he never saw them when they were humongous so that makes me feel even better.
    best part is, i now get to go buy new, sexy bras that i could never fit into before b/c my breasts were always TOO big!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

I guess it's because i know that the main sexual turn on for a guy is boobs, and the bigger the better for most guy.

Nope.
    not every guy!!

And I seem to remember a line...."More than a handful is a waste anyway..."
  • WendyTerry420
    my master does not require me to be well endowed. thank gods im not. i am trying to become as an oracle. and androgenous being comprised of idealisd dimensions. so far i have 34-23/24-38. i hate how big my hips r lol ; my thighs rub at the very upper parts but thats normal right?

androgenous (ænˈdrɒdʒɪnəs)
    adj
    1. (Biology) biology producing only male offspring
  • WendyTerry420
    Don't worry, when you decide to get preggo, they'll be back.

Perhaps OP has no plans to have kids.

While my boobs were bigger while pregnant and breast feeding, they are now a bit smaller than pre pregnancy, so just because they will get larger doesn't mean they will stay larger.

As far as the OP's desires, I was just offering a potential "solution." :laugh:

Mine are not as big as they were when I was nursing, but still considerably larger than they were before I had kids.
  • WendyTerry420
    Don't worry, when you decide to get preggo, they'll be back.

Perhaps OP has no plans to have kids.

While my boobs were bigger while pregnant and breast feeding, they are now a bit smaller than pre pregnancy, so just because they will get larger doesn't mean they will stay larger.

Or they may not change much at all. Mine were only slightly bigger during both pregnancies and while breastfeeding. I never had to buy a different size, and post-bfing, I'm still the same size I was before and during pregnancy.

Back to the genetics issue, I guess. Poor OP.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    So if the choices were to stay fat, or have small boobs what would you pick?

Also, I've had and nursed 3 children and my boobs are slightly smaller than they were prior to having children because I have a lower body fat percentage.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    I hear what you are saying! My breasts are the last place I want to loose weight, but I'm willing to live with it if it means I can wear a smaller size jeans.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    This is sad.

Very.

Op, you are more than a set of boobs.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    in to have on newsfeed \m/
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    At 300lbs my best features were my boobs.
    They have gone down a lot. What I found is that boobs don't make you. Buy a really good bra and you're fine. Don't worry about silly things.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Are large breasts worth being fat and unhealthy? A woman has many more attractive features than her breasts, and all are enhanced with weightloss. Her shoulders, hips, stomach, butt, thighs, the taper of her lower back, and her face.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Sometimes people lose them and sometimes they don't.

I've lost 40 lbs so far but not an ounce of the "girls"...my hubby approves!! :bigsmile:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    I have gone from a full C to a B. It's all good though...they may be smaller, but thanks to things like bench press, they are BETTER!!

PS: Pretty sure your hubby loves you for more than your tatas. If not...well then don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Just buy them back. I did, and I cannot even express what a great choice that was. Hands down, best money I ever spent. Mine were always a full C, small D, but breastfeeding and getting thin wrecked them, so I simply replaced them. It's a simple solution.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Excuses.

Yes. And priorities.