Scared to lose my breasts when i lose all the weight

Options

Replies

• mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Smaller boobs on healthier bodies are more attractive than big boobs on unhealthy bodies. As much as it pains me to say, boobs are not the center of the universe, unless you happen to be a hungry infant.

But, if it means that much to you, you can get implants. But that is a whole different argument for a whole different thread.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    "Nothing more to see here... move along now.. ma'am.. sir.. please keep moving..."

Answer = obvious.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you don't want to lose your breasts for aesthetic reasons so I will try to appeal to you on the basis of aesthetics and not even mention the obvious health benefits of losing excess fat.

As a guy who finds breasts attractive what would I prefer:

A) C to D cup breasts over a sizable gut
    or
    B) B to C cup breasts over a lean body

The answer is B most definitely. I mean curvy is nice but some curves on top of a lean frame is very sexy. At least to me.

If your goal is aesthetics it is hard for me to believe that losing a lot of excess fat is going to make you less attractive.

On a side note though, yeah...do it for your health.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    this is probably the 50th thread on this topic. Lose weight, get healthy, buy new boobs if you want them. End of story.

Signed,
    The Thread Killer
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the replies so I apologize if this has been said, but here's the thing: yeah, they'll almost certainly change if you lose a significant amount of weight. However, when you're smaller everywhere else, they're still going to look like they're there.

I know everyone is different, but I worried about this too. At my heaviest (145lb, 5'4"), mine were about a 32G and I was kind of attached to them. However, once I got down to my current weight (about 118), I still look like I've got a pretty large chest even though I'm now about a 28E/F (and can wear the occasional 32D from Victoria's Secret or whatever if I don't mind the loose band.) They're smaller, but on my smaller body they still look pretty darn big to most people. I was complaining about it the other night to some close friends and they all thought I was nuts because they still look pretty large in proportion to my body. And my body looks way better, so that's a bigger bonus.

I think a lot of the time when you're heavier, you tend to see the larger breasts that go with extra fat as being this great thing, and they are, but I think it's kind of a security thing that makes some women feel better about being heavy. But I personally would rather not have the extra fat everywhere else that I need to go along with my body making my chest bigger.

And hey...if they do shrink and you hate them...there are plenty of push-up, padding, and surgical options out there.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I never understand this concern. Bra magic is pretty cool... so is not being fat.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Excuses.

Yep.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I feel like they are the perfect size for me, or my preference at least, and i would be devastated to lose them.

If your boobs are that important to you, then just stay fat.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Just wanna say everyone is different. I have lost over 10 inches off both my hips and waist since last April/May, and only 2" off my bust since then (that's when I began measuring myself). I wore DD at my heaviest and still need DD after losing 118 lb total.

I agree with those who suggest if it is THAT important to you, consider surgery. I personally wouldn't even if I had gone down many sizes just because a large bust isn't particularly important to me. Definitely don't let worries about bust size keep you from losing the weight, though!!
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    If your husband is only with you for your boobs and you legit think he'll leave you when you lose them, he shouldn't be your husband.
  • sanzza
    sanzza Posts: 60
    Options
    Its true everyone is different ive lost over 10 inches waist hips and chest and just 6 inches off my band size and my cup size still hh .

if i lose mine now i would get them pumped back up lol
  • AirborneEd
    Options
    Couple a 'tings. ER. I would venture to say most normal men don't worship women's breasts, and if it's simply truly your own concern, then consider how much healthier you'll feel at your ideal weight (or as close as any of us can get!). In response to augmentation as a suggestion, consider this VERY carefully. Fact is my wife had it done before I met her, without any issues, but my sister had it done last fall (she's also an RN, ironically, fully knowing the risks) and had SEVERE infection issues post surgery. Needed to have them removed, got reinfected and is still having issues. Surgery is surgery elective or not. Not to be all preachy or anything, but hate to see anyone go through that unnecessarily.
  • deesisawsome
    Options
    You will lose some but not alot
    I was 153 and a 34dd now I'm 138 and a 34 d
    I also lost two-three inches from my hips and only one or two from my waist
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I feel like they are the perfect size for me, or my preference at least, and i would be devastated to lose them.

If your boobs are that important to you, then just stay fat.

^Truth
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40lbs and have kept my boobs for the most part. Went from a ill-fitting 40D to a nice 38C. Even though they are a tad smaller and not a full (of fat, that is), they really are more noticeable because now they stick out further than my belly.
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    As a guy who finds breasts attractive what would I prefer:

A) C to D cup breasts over a sizable gut
    or
    B) B to C cup breasts over a lean body

The answer is B most definitely. I mean curvy is nice but some curves on top of a lean frame is very sexy. At least to me.

On a side note though, yeah...do it for your health.
    QFT

You may lose a little from your boobs but I'm guessing you will may also lose a bit from your tummy too right? This will probably enhance the overall look won't it?
  • harmonyyyxo
    harmonyyyxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This was actually a big worry of mine. Yup I can confirm it you WILL lose your boobs but you will remain in proportion. So in comparison with your body your boobs will look as big as they always did (If you get me). It's totally worth it though. And trust me, I didn't want to lose mine either
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I will be the devil's advocate and say that you may not lose your boobs... before having kids, I always lost from the breasts first and would go from a B cup to an A. After having kids, I went up to a C and have stayed that way despite having gone from 220 during pregnancy to 159lbs in a three year period (only six months from 183 to 160 last year). Make sure to do chest exercises so they appear more perky and large.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight I was wearing a 40D and I've now lost over 80lbs and have only gone down to a 38C, I still have another 15lbs to go and I don't expect my boobs to get any smaller, so I really think everyone is different.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Im a boob guy. Always have been. My wife is worried about losing hers as she loses weight.

Me... Im hoping she does.

I would trade her boobs for her smile every day.

She started working out 2 weeks ago. She smiles a lot more now...