Chicken Smoothie

Options

Replies

• jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Ah, much better. I added the fruit in. Now it's complete. It came out to about 64 ounces with 1271 calories, 131g carbs, 53g fat and 91g protein. It is a meal to end all meals. Or your life, whichever comes first.

In case you're interested in recreating this culinary delight at home for yourself, here are the ingredients:

Almond milk 1.5 cups
    Chicken 8 oz
    Flasxeed meal 2 tbsp
    Hemp seeds 3 tbsp
    Chia seeds 1 tbsp
    Grapes 2 cups
    Pineapple 2 cups
    Carrots 1/4 cup
    Snow pea pods 1/2 cup
    Onions 1/4 cup
    Bell peppers 1/3 cup
    Shredded cheddar cheese 3/8 cup
    Oats 1/2 cup
    Grape tomatos 92 grams

If you plan on giving it a try, you should stop reading here. Spoilers below.

This thing has a unique taste. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say it's better than that stuff I had to drink to clean out my system before a colonoscopy. Whether or not it has the same effect I can't say yet, but I'm staying close to the bathroom just in case. I drank about 8 ounces so far. I think the whole day today is going to be about the aftertaste.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow thats a meal lol. What did you do about the after taste?

All you need now is that gum from Willy Wonka that was an entire meal :P
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    no..please don't do it! Could you get something to eat while walking?...the chicken will gum up.
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bang one of these in the liquidiser, then!

chickeninacan3.jpg

20090430-cannedchicken-shloop.jpg

Holy. *kitten*.

That's all I have. Just - Holy. *kitten*.

OMG
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ah, much better. I added the fruit in. Now it's complete. It came out to about 64 ounces with 1271 calories, 131g carbs, 53g fat and 91g protein. It is a meal to end all meals. Or your life, whichever comes first.

In case you're interested in recreating this culinary delight at home for yourself, here are the ingredients:

Almond milk 1.5 cups
    Chicken 8 oz
    Flasxeed meal 2 tbsp
    Hemp seeds 3 tbsp
    Chia seeds 1 tbsp
    Grapes 2 cups
    Pineapple 2 cups
    Carrots 1/4 cup
    Snow pea pods 1/2 cup
    Onions 1/4 cup
    Bell peppers 1/3 cup
    Shredded cheddar cheese 3/8 cup
    Oats 1/2 cup
    Grape tomatos 92 grams

If you plan on giving it a try, you should stop reading here. Spoilers below.

This thing has a unique taste. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say it's better than that stuff I had to drink to clean out my system before a colonoscopy. Whether or not it has the same effect I can't say yet, but I'm staying close to the bathroom just in case. I drank about 8 ounces so far. I think the whole day today is going to be about the aftertaste.

:sick:

You're braver than I am.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sorry, did this actually just happen!?!?!?! EAT YOUR FOOD MAN. Don't let the Vitamix get the best of you.
  • jim180155
    Options
    Sorry, did this actually just happen!?!?!?! EAT YOUR FOOD MAN. Don't let the Vitamix get the best of you.

Too late. Call me VitaMan.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I dunno if it's that gross when you think about it. It's like a cold soup.
  • rosetat74
    rosetat74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Best thread of the morning! Thank you for the LOL....:flowerforyou:
  • jim180155
    Options
    I thought it tasted pretty bad this morning, but I now know that it's worse than that. The bad taste doesn't get better. It doesn't numb your taste buds. Instead it seems to have a cumulative effect that gets exponentially worse with every mouthful.

I got through about half of the half I had planned on eating for lunch. I don't think I'm going to eat any more. I'd rather eat my foot.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just do it and let all of us know how it taste? since your curious...
  • jim180155
    Options
    Just do it and let all of us know how it taste? since your curious...

I already did. And I AM telling you how it tastes.

It seems there is good reason why we've never heard of chicken smoothies before.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    90q.gif
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Jeez.

What if you heated it up? Would it be like chicken and vegetable soup?
  • jim180155
    Options
    Jeez.

I was thinking about that too. That's when I realized I have a sickness. To make sure I wouldn't do anything (else) stupid, I poured the rest of it down the sink drain about a half hour ago.

My guess is that the EPA is already tracing it back to us through the sewer system. I don't know how much the fine will be, but it doesn't matter. I'd rather pay any price than risk drinking more of that crap.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Bang one of these in the liquidiser, then!

chickeninacan3.jpg

20090430-cannedchicken-shloop.jpg

Holy. *kitten*.

That's all I have. Just - Holy. *kitten*.

Excuse me while I discard the contents in my stomach.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Jeez.

I was thinking about that too. That's when I realized I have a sickness. To make sure I wouldn't do anything (else) stupid, I poured the rest of it down the sink drain about a half hour ago.

My guess is that the EPA is already tracing it back to us through the sewer system. I don't know how much the fine will be, but it doesn't matter. I'd rather pay any price than risk drinking more of that crap.

Whatever!!

I'm trying it! Chicken, bananas and celery, here I come!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    GAAAAAAHHH!!! That sounds DISGUSTING!!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Jeez.

:laugh:
  • brelyn18
    brelyn18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried it once with some cauliflower concoction I was making. (just blended the chicken and added it to the food)
    It was actually good but the thought of blended chicken trickling its way down my throat all ...white and stuff..just...
    made me never want to blend meat again.