...because epic thread.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Remind me to never accept a dinner invitation to your house. :laugh:
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Oh my!! Please don't do it OP..... Substitute for chicken: use a protein shake instead... And then blend some girl scout cookies and chocolate cake with it. Yum yum right there.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I already did do it. It's done. It was horrible. Until further notice, I will be on a chicken-free diet.

Also, I have applied for a patent. This is the perfect weight loss diet aid appetite suppressant. Just 3 ounces taken first thing in the morning is enough to kill your appetite for the entire day. I have single handedly solved America's obesity problem.
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love chicken and glad you tried it first. I have thought about this idea in the past. But now that you posted your results, I will keep my chicken solid on a plate instead of a glass.

Reading this thread has made me laugh so hard I cried.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Has anybody ever tried adding chicken, tuna, or the like to their green smoothie?

Most days I bring a smoothie for lunch not because I love smoothies, but because I can use my 30 minute lunch break for walking, then get away with drinking my lunch at my desk later. I tend to put just about any and everything into my smoothies. Then I started wondering if I should try throwing 3 or 6 oz of chicken in there. It seems like a really bad idea, but maybe not. (If the chicken doesn't make me gag, I'll try tuna next.)

I'm not saying it would be yummy or not but folks on a smooth foods only diet have put all kinds of things including meats into smoothies. The only way you will know if you like it is to try it. Who could say no to a mashed potatoes with roast beef and gravy smoothie?
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Jeez.

What if you heated it up? Would it be like chicken and vegetable soup?

I was thinking about that too. That's when I realized I have a sickness. To make sure I wouldn't do anything (else) stupid, I poured the rest of it down the sink drain about a half hour ago.

My guess is that the EPA is already tracing it back to us through the sewer system. I don't know how much the fine will be, but it doesn't matter. I'd rather pay any price than risk drinking more of that crap.

Pity. You should have saved some to freeze for high protein ice cream :laugh:
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've made some pretty bad smoothies, but the garlic thing was the worst. My daughter came home after I finished blending and wanted to know why the whole house smelled like rotting garbage. I was immune to it until I left the house and came back in. She was right.

wow

I do remember the time we left beans in the crock pot with not enough water and then got delayed coming home. Superduperwaybadblackenedburned bean smell was overpowering. The dogs were SO AFRAID to get left home again--they thought they were going to die!
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a bad idea to me. I think I will stay with protein powder in my smoothies. Good luck with the blended tuna/chicken/etc.....
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    That sounds absolutely DISGUSTING!!

I have never made a smoothie. If I want protein I eat MEAT. No nasty powdered crap. Real meat.