Twelve year old nephew stronger than 30 yo boyfriend??

Options
My nephew beat my boyfriend wrestling, arm-wrestling, and did more sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. My boyfriend trying hard to win and almost cried he was so embarrassed afterward.

My nephew is only 115 lbs and my boyfriend 155ish, but my nephew plays sports and is athletic while my boyfriend just exercises. Is this normal? Is my boyfriend just weak, or is my nephew just strong for his age and size because he plays sports?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Next time your boyfriend decides to skip the gym just chant "loser, loser, loser".
    I'm sure he will find it motivational. :laugh:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    It would really help if you could show us his food diary.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between 'just exercising' and playing sports, especially if your nephew is participating in school sports - they actually have coaches who (usually) know what they are doing.
    Besides, if the armwrestling went first, I bet your bf didn't take it seriously until it was too late :tongue:
  • Leslien25
    Leslien25 Posts: 46
    Options
    Oh, I should mentioned my nephews wrestles for his junior high. I guess that would make a difference?
  • Leslien25
    Leslien25 Posts: 46
    Options
    My boyfriend eats pretty healthy: fruits, vegetables and whole grains. he does eat meat, greasy food every now and then. I don't know how many times he eats each day, but my guess would be at least four to five. He's a runner and kayaks and stuff. Even though he may not be athletic exactly he's in decent shape. But I guess my nephew is on another level because he participates in a sport...wrestling at that., and I think he might do some mma training.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    So your nephew is stronger than your boyfriend. You can be strong without being "big". My sister has a friend who is rail thin and weighs substantially less than me but has freakish strength. I arm wrestled her once and it was like my arm was made of noodles :(

Wrestling is a good sport for building strength and flexibility so that probably has something to do with it.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My nephew beat my boyfriend wrestling, arm-wrestling, and did more sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. My boyfriend trying hard to win and almost cried he was so embarrassed afterward.

My nephew is only 115 lbs and my boyfriend 155ish, but my nephew plays sports and is athletic while my boyfriend just exercises. Is this normal? Is my boyfriend just weak, or is my nephew just strong for his age and size because he plays sports?

Your boyfriend is very weak and until he sorts himself out make him walk behind you when in public, in fact dump him for a guy who doesn't make you feel like you have taken second best in life
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if your boyfriend knows you posted this on the internet? :ohwell:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Lol wtf.
    I'm glad I decided to stay awake.

-noms popcorn-
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this pretty picture here...no reason.

Pansy_large.gif
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if your boyfriend knows you posted this on the internet? :ohwell:

He is too busy stamp collecting and ironing his cardigans to go on the internet
  • knra_grl
    Options

He is too busy stamp collecting and ironing his cardigans to go on the internet

:laugh:
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options

What's he gonna do about it?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Nothing if the 12 year old is around.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    It would really help if you could show us his food diary.

And what's his TDEE?
  • knra_grl
    Options

:ohwell:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

She'll just get her 115lb nephew to beat him up!!

But come on, the nephew is a skilled wrestler. Doesn't that count for anything?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

high-five.gif
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    So.... How exactly is this relevant to anything, I'm wondering?