Twelve year old nephew stronger than 30 yo boyfriend??

Options

Replies

• Leslien25
    Leslien25 Posts: 46
    Options
    No, it wasn't made up. My nepenthe arm-wrestled and wrestled my boyfriend and won. Competitive yeah. After reading some of the comments and doing some research on wrestlers (not WWE because it is not wrestling) I understand now kids who wrestle are stronger than kids their size and age, or people who wrestle in general are strong for their size.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OP there's a quote button.....

Hah! I used the quote button! Thanks

but but but......how does it work?

Oh, the derp.

:laugh:
  • Schmiznurf
    Options
    No, it wasn't made up. My nepenthe arm-wrestled and wrestled my boyfriend and won. Competitive yeah. After reading some of the comments and doing some research on wrestlers (not WWE because it is not wrestling) I understand now kids who wrestle are stronger than kids their size and age, or people who wrestle in general are strong for their size.

Actually, WWE is professional wrestling so don't go dissing it. Your nephew does olympic wrestling which is a different style altogether.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

kanyeblink.gif
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif
  • Leslien25
    Options
    Gotta say this sounds made up. First of all, even if your boyfriend did lose, he should have just faked out that he let him. Second of all, why the heck would anyone cry over a 12 year old, regardless if they are stronger or not. He could have either faked he let him win or laughed about how incredibly strong your nephew is. Crying in the corner sounds a little weird.

And now why are you even comparing your 30 year old boyfriend to your 12 year old nephew? That is weird. What, do you a crush on your nephew or you want your boyfriend to beat down your 12 year old nephew? The weirdest thing about this isn't that your boyfriend lost to your nephew but that you're posting it on the internet and asking what to do about it.

Lmao. No it was not fake, my nephew is a wrestler, and my boyfriend did not cry, he looked like he wanted to he was so embarrassed. My nephew being a wrestler I guess makes him strong for his age and size. Exactly what is weird in comparing my nephew's wrestling ability and strength to my boyfriend's? Not weird at all. For you to claim I have a crush on my 12 year old nephew makes me wonder why you'd ask such a question. Your comments are irrelevant. And you make another outrageous claim that I want my boyfriend to "beat down" on my nephew? Where do you come up with these things?

Okay, my nephew challenged my boyfriend in a competitive wrestling and arm-wrestling...and won. It wasn't a fight with cruel attentions like you seem to be stating. At first, I was shocked, because my boyfriend was trying hard and all, but lost. Now after I've thought about it and researched, maybe its my nephew who isn't normal like other kids his age and size, because he wrestles.
    My reason for posting was to see if my cousin being stronger than my boyfriend was normal, being that my cousin played sports, wrestled (which I didn't even know at first). I was wondering if it was my boyfriend who was weak and not normal. My post was simply to get some feedback on this backed with reason...and despite the ignorant replies I have received, I have received a lot of help. And I thank those users for the informative responses, unlike yours.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    No sir, it was not like that. It was competitive wrestling. And being my boyfriend's face was red and he was straining and frustrated, he at least made the full effort to win. Thanks!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My nepenthe arm-wrestled and wrestled my boyfriend and won. (...)
    Wretch, I cry, thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he hath sent thee respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of your boyfriend getting beaten up by a 12-year old.

Inb4 'cyberbully'
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    My nepenthe arm-wrestled and wrestled my boyfriend and won. (...)
    Wretch, I cry, thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he hath sent thee respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of your boyfriend getting beaten up by a 12-year old.

Inb4 'cyberbully'

too late :noway:
  • kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Gotta say this sounds made up. First of all, even if your boyfriend did lose, he should have just faked out that he let him. Second of all, why the heck would anyone cry over a 12 year old, regardless if they are stronger or not. He could have either faked he let him win or laughed about how incredibly strong your nephew is. Crying in the corner sounds a little weird.

And now why are you even comparing your 30 year old boyfriend to your 12 year old nephew? That is weird. What, do you a crush on your nephew or you want your boyfriend to beat down your 12 year old nephew? The weirdest thing about this isn't that your boyfriend lost to your nephew but that you're posting it on the internet and asking what to do about it.

Lmao. No it was not fake, my nephew is a wrestler, and my boyfriend did not cry, he looked like he wanted to he was so embarrassed. My nephew being a wrestler I guess makes him strong for his age and size. Exactly what is weird in comparing my nephew's wrestling ability and strength to my boyfriend's? Not weird at all. For you to claim I have a crush on my 12 year old nephew makes me wonder why you'd ask such a question. Your comments are irrelevant. And you make another outrageous claim that I want my boyfriend to "beat down" on my nephew? Where do you come up with these things?

Okay, my nephew challenged my boyfriend in a competitive wrestling and arm-wrestling...and won. It wasn't a fight with cruel attentions like you seem to be stating. At first, I was shocked, because my boyfriend was trying hard and all, but lost. Now after I've thought about it and researched, maybe its my nephew who isn't normal like other kids his age and size, because he wrestles.
    My reason for posting was to see if my cousin being stronger than my boyfriend was normal, being that my cousin played sports, wrestled (which I didn't even know at first). I was wondering if it was my boyfriend who was weak and not normal. My post was simply to get some feedback on this backed with reason...and despite the ignorant replies I have received, I have received a lot of help. And I thank those users for the informative responses, unlike yours.

Hey, I only came up with stuff from your OP. Anyone comparing their 30 yr old boyfriend to their 12 year old nephew is gonna sound odd. And, actually, I think I'll use my ignore button now. I still think this is completely made up.
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I understand now kids who wrestle are stronger than kids their size and age, or people who wrestle in general are strong for their size.
    Yes....but...having gone through puberty should be an advantage in arm wrestling!
  • Leslien25
    Options
    No. wwe is not wrestling. It is entertainment. It is set to who is going to win before the match takes place. Even Vince McMahn stated it is NOT wrestling, but entertainment. Wrestling is a sport where athletes compete to win over one another for the win. WWE is where matches are played as how they are scripted before hand. I am not "dissing" WWE, because i actually...well used to watch it all the time a long time ago (I actually liked WCW)
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Tell your boyfriend to start a lifting program (ie. NROL or Stringlifts 5x5) because clearly cardio and whatever isolation lifting techniques he uses are not working for him.
  • StephBlair2018
    StephBlair2018 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    He's 30 years old and he weighs 155 pounds? How is that possible? When I was 15 and skinny I weighed 175-180.

My fiance is 30 and weighs about 160. He's thin, but has muscle. He jackhammers all day at work. He's about 5'9". He just doesn't quite have the frame to be much bigger, he'd look funny.
  • girlyfied
    girlyfied Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's probably just the testosterone. While your boyfriend's hormone levels are decreasing, your nephew is hitting puberty. Testosterone is the stuff that makes men develop hypertrophy and strength easily. With similar build and strength, your nephew had the advantage of more hormones.

Also, your nephew's genetics might make him naturally stronger. It's possible your boyfriend could run longer than him. Physically, we aren't really equals. We're all different, so comparisons aren't useful.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    There are some relevant comments on here, but some irrelevant comments on here :)

^this, OP...so much this.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    It's probably just the testosterone. While your boyfriend's hormone levels are decreasing, your nephew is hitting puberty. Testosterone is the stuff that makes men develop hypertrophy and strength easily. With similar build and strength, your nephew had the advantage of more hormones.

Also, your nephew's genetics might make him naturally stronger. It's possible your boyfriend could run longer than him. Physically, we aren't really equals. We're all different, so comparisons aren't useful.

That makes sense. Thank you!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I dont think its unusual, size really isn't everything, technique has alot to do with it.. i have 4 much older brothers who thought they could take advantage wrestling their baby sister for their own entertainment. I always won ha

How you doin?
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    So what! Sounds like you need to ask yourself why are you with this guy, is it because he’s tough and makes you feel safe and secure(obviously not) or is it because he’s sensitive and the two of you connect on a different level than other guys that you’ve been with? Some guys are fighters and some are lovers; there are only a few like myself that are both fighters and lovers. ;-)
  • Leslien25
    Options

Oh, the derp.

what does derp mean?