Twelve year old nephew stronger than 30 yo boyfriend??

Options

Replies

• Leslien25
    Leslien25 Posts: 46
    Options
    Well, he runs long distance and has a fast metabolism I guess. But according to body mass index he is in a healthy weight range. He is usually 160ish but has been running more. Still he weighs more than my nephew. i guess my nephew because he wrestles has a lot of lean muscle...just very hard to tell until you wrestle or arm-wrestle him.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    LOl. Yes. And it happened in front of my friends and some of his.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    He eats more than 1200 kcals a day I'm sure. He eats at least 4-5 times a day. Maybe its because he doesn't play sport, especially mma or wrestling. He eats protein sources like beans, eggs and poultry.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Simply, your BF does cardio stuff and your nephew does strength/technique stuff. If your BF challenged your nephew to a race, he'd win. That said, it'd be funny if he lost that, too. I suggest he goes into hiding until 2045 and hopefully everyone will have forgotten by then.
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't get why it matters.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's off posting on the internet about how he knows young girls with bigger boobs and sexier figures than yours!!
  • Leslien25
    Options
    You aren't funny, you are a cyberbully and a genuine jerk. It may be funny to you to insult others, but not to them. I have already reported some of your post as being offensive and insulting, let's see if this site is unique to others, and not in support of cyberbullying. Stop the bleeding. What are you, in middle school. Or do you enjoy TRYING to be a comedian for attention?
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hahaha man shamer gets a taste of their own medicine and has a hissy fit LOL
  • sanzza
    sanzza Posts: 60
    Options
    I dont think its unusual, size really isn't everything, technique has alot to do with it.. i have 4 much older brothers who thought they could take advantage wrestling their baby sister for their own entertainment. I always won ha
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Oh, I should mentioned my nephews wrestles for his junior high. I guess that would make a difference?

being a good wrestler doesn't really have anything to do with strength, it's a lot of technique. Also, at 115 Lbs your nephew probably has more speed. Arm wrestling isn't really a matter of strength either...more leverage, but a 30 year old should be able to beat your nephew...my guess is that he let him win.

In RE to the pushups and pull-ups, if your nephew does those a lot and your boyfriend doesn't do them then it wouldn't be surprising that your nephew did more and that's not really necessarily a measure of overall strength either. When I was in the military we did tons and tons of push-ups and pull-ups and I was very good at them...I'm actually much stronger now but can't crank out the pull-ups like I used to. It's one of those things where if you don't do them, you're not going to just be able to crank 'em out, even if you're strong.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    Huh...I've never posted on yahoo answers or any answer site. Must be mistaken me for someone else.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My nephew beat my boyfriend wrestling, arm-wrestling, and did more sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. My boyfriend trying hard to win and almost cried he was so embarrassed afterward.

My nephew is only 115 lbs and my boyfriend 155ish, but my nephew plays sports and is athletic while my boyfriend just exercises. Is this normal? Is my boyfriend just weak, or is my nephew just strong for his age and size because he plays sports?

Why does it matter...? Apart from the fact that your boyfriend just lost his man card of course :laugh:
  • Leslien25
    Options
    It was a competitive wrestling match. I actually didn't realize my nephew was a wrestler at the time, but still, my boyfriend is bigger :o I guess he may still get some points.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    He lost his man card? Well he still has his man features, but yeah I was a bit disappointed . lol
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You guys are on a roll . . . ROFL!!!

It's really ok, OP. I was doing 100 pushups a day when DH and DS couldn't push out 20. So if your boyfriend is a bit weak, he's really not a loser, just not as strong as he probably could be. Pushups and core exercises are the key.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OP there's a quote button.....
  • Leslien25
    Options
    There are some relevant comments on here, but some irrelevant comments on here :)
  • Leslien25
    Options
    Sorry, I was trying to quote your comment and then respond. :o
  • Leslien25
    Options
    Wrong. It is not that simple to do that when the boy is an athlete, a wrestler and is putting resistance. I have concluded my nephew is not the normal average kids is size and age.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    How is my boyfriend controlling and manipulative?