Twelve year old nephew stronger than 30 yo boyfriend??

Options

Replies

• tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    ...and what is not normal in that? maybe he is not into sport so much....every one is different.... I feel sorry for your boyfriend, not because he lost against your nephew but because you write this things about him behind his back to the public....what answer do you expect?? :-D
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    My nephew beat my boyfriend wrestling, arm-wrestling, and did more sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. My boyfriend trying hard to win and almost cried he was so embarrassed afterward.

My nephew is only 115 lbs and my boyfriend 155ish, but my nephew plays sports and is athletic while my boyfriend just exercises. Is this normal? Is my boyfriend just weak, or is my nephew just strong for his age and size because he plays sports?

your boyfriend is a hipster, right?

if so, then no. this is normal for hipsters. absence of muscle is how they fit into those skinny jeans. :tongue:
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your boyfriend does crossfit.

Shots have been fired :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    My nephew beat my boyfriend wrestling, arm-wrestling, and did more sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. My boyfriend trying hard to win and almost cried he was so embarrassed afterward.

My nephew is only 115 lbs and my boyfriend 155ish, but my nephew plays sports and is athletic while my boyfriend just exercises. Is this normal? Is my boyfriend just weak, or is my nephew just strong for his age and size because he plays sports?

if so, then no. this is normal for hipster. absence of muscle is how they fit into those skinny jeans. :tongue:
    lolololll...
    You're on a roll
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

if so, then no. this is normal for hipster. absence of muscle is how they fit into those skinny jeans. :tongue:
    lolololll...
    You're on a roll

speaking of donkey rolls...

http://kaleidoscope.cultural-china.com/en/133Kaleidoscope11345.html
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Genetics is a helluva drug
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Is this for realz? :huh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Your bf needs to eat more than 1200 calories a day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's not weird...some people are naturally stronger than others.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Oh, I should mentioned my nephews wrestles for his junior high. I guess that would make a difference?

That makes an enormous difference. If you've been shown a few holds and how to break holds, you're going to kick *kitten* when wrestling someone who hasn't been shown these things. That's all technique.
  • bshot1
    bshot1 Posts: 44
    Options
    Wrestlers tend to have a lot more grip/wrist strength and know how to use momentum to their advantage. They're little power-houses for their size. In season they're constantly cutting while still maintaining explosive strength. Friggin evil monsters.

So, honestly not very surprised. Any of those kids could probably kick my *kitten*.
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    Extra muscle means nothing if you don't know how to use it. I've known a little old lady who could take out linebackers... because granny had practiced judo for 20 years. Doesn't mean she was stronger, just means she knows how to get leverage.

And think about it: your bf might be able to pick up more, but the kid has a lot less mass to move when doing a chin-up. That's why gymnasts are tiny and powerlifters are huge.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Wrestling is a tuff sport, so he would have the upper hand if he does that. I do jiu jitsu, and Iv been choked or arm bared by people smaller and a lot younger then me. It happens no big deal. So it's not all about strength. I was much stronger then these people, but I lost because they had more experience and better technique of that sport.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wrestling is a tuff sport, so he would have the upper hand if he does that. I do jiu jitsu, and Iv been choked or arm bared by people smaller and a lot younger then me. It happens no big deal. So it's not all about strength. I was much stronger then these people, but I lost because they had more experience and better technique of that sport.

Only MFP could turn small child beats man into a positive especially push ups sit ups and pull ups, quality
  • Mr_Excitement
    Options

Only MFP could turn small child beats man into a positive especially push ups sit ups and pull ups, quality

It's not a "positive" thing, it's just not a negative thing. Being outwrestled by someone who knows how to wrestle is nothing to feel bad about, even if you do have 40lbs. on them.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Why are you comparing your boyfriend and nephew anyway? Who cares? I don't mean to sound mean...but why is it important to you?
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if your boyfriend knows you posted this on the internet? :ohwell:

What's he gonna do about it?

Nothing if the 12 year old is around.

Oh God I just snorted my coffee out of my nose :laugh:
  • hilts1969
    Options

It's not a "positive" thing, it's just not a negative thing. Being outwrestled by someone who knows how to wrestle is nothing to feel bad about, even if you do have 40lbs. on them.

get a sense of humour for crying out loud
  • Mr_Excitement
    Options

C'mere.

tumblr_mzdd1rxx091rrx588o1_500.gif
  • hilts1969
    Options

C'mere.

tumblr_mzdd1rxx091rrx588o1_500.gif

better