Is 160 pounds too fat to wear a bikini?

Options

Replies

• thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    No matter how much I weigh, I doubt I'd look good in a bikini. I think it's because of the chest hair.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear a bikini, wear a bikini! :drinker:
    === Yes, this ===
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I did and I am shorter than you! I was proud of myself for doing it and walked around like I didn't care what people thought - I haven't put mine back on since that time but I would do it all over again if the chance came up & I weighed 160 again.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi I am looking for your honest opinion. I am a 23 year old female. I am 5'5" and 160 pounds. Do I weigh too much to wear a bikini. My mom told me I don't have the body to wear a bikini. I just want the opinion from other women who weigh about the same as me or wore a bikini when they weighed 160 pounds.
    [/quote

Take it from me... some day you are going to be 47 and look back at your 23 year old self and think "I wish I realized how freaking hot I was then."
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    DO IT.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I weigh similar. 5'6. I wear only bikinis.
  • hellurkitty
    hellurkitty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Honey, wear whatever you feel comfortable and beautiful in! I am 188 lbs and I can't wait for warm weather so I can flaunt my stuff in my bikinis on the beach :) Confidence is everything.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm boned if 160 is to much for a bikini... because I have been about 160 for years.

<<<<<<<<<<<< still wears bikini's
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    185 checking in and I'm scoping out cute swimwear for the season. And yup, the bikinis are in there cause I like them. :)
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If not now then when??

Do it! Just make sure it fit's properly
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    i agree with almost all of the posters on here, u can wear whatever you like, it is how u feel that matters!!!!

Yes, for sure

On that note then, can I assume that I would get the same responses if I - a middle aged guy carrying some extra pounds, asked if I should wear a thong on the beach?

If you want to, sure. I don't like the thongs for your feet or your butt because I think they're both uncomfortable. So I usually wonder if the beach going thong wearers are actually comfortable-but I wonder that about the feet ones, too. :frown: Yes, I realize I'm odd.
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    For me, when it comes to wearing clothes, bathing suits, or whatever... the rule of thumb that I go by is, "does it flatter my body AND make me feel comfortable?"

Some bikinis are flattering. Some aren't. Some tankinis are flattering. Some aren't. And so it goes on with one-piece suits.

IMO, if I were you I'd go to the store and try on ALL kinds of bathing suits and find the one that makes you feel like a million bux.

Good luck!
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Last fall when I went on vacation to Arizona, I decided I was taking a bikini.

Was I at my goal weight? No.

But when I was in my teens, I wouldn't wear one because I was self-conscious about my body.

When I was in my 20s, I wished I had worn one a few years prior because I realized my body was great. Wouldn't wear one in college, though, because I kept thinking "I should have worn one when I was a few years younger and a few pounds lighter!"

For a while after 30, I thought "I wish I had worn a bikini when I was in my 20s! My body was great then!"

So last fall, I said "Screw it. In ten years, I don't want to be looking back to now and wishing I had worn that bikini or that dress or bought those jeans. I'm wearing a freakin' bikini."

So wear that freakin' bikini.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I think that it's all about confidence. Do it!!
  • kaylahalsey
    Options
    I know everyone else is saying to wear it if you want to wear it, but I know how you feel. I'm 5'2 and weigh 160 lbs. My mom has told me the same thing. And earlier today, my boyfriend said he thought that Kim Kardashian was fat (based on this image: http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20131120/rs_634x1024-131220074836-634.Kim-Kardashian-White-Bikini-Beach-Body.jl.122013.jpg).

So, believe me, I feel ya. I won't wear one.
  • Veronnie87
    Veronnie87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    On that note then, can I assume that I would get the same responses if I - a middle aged guy carrying some extra pounds, asked if I should wear a thong on the beach?

You're too late...the beaches in Florida are already full of them! :P But seriously, if you want to, rock it! Bonus points for leopard-print or lime-green netting!
  • GlendaFab
    Options
    You are never too fat to wear a bikini. We may not feel our most comfortable when we wear bikini's, but it can also motivate you to compliment yourself rather than tear yourself down. Learning to love yourself is the biggest hurdle we all face.
    Wear it with the best accessory - a smile!
  • forthemoney
    forthemoney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5", 174, and 49 years old. We just took a family vacation to San Diego and I bought a bikini to wear there. I figured, what a great time to try it out and see how comfortable I'll be! No one there knows me! And I did. When my daughter saw the bikini, she told me she liked it MUCH better than my one-piece. I'm glad I did it and I'll wear it again! So if you're comfortable in it -- you, not your mom or anyone else -- go for it!
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I can't bring myself to wear one at 160lbs myself and I'm 24 lol wish I did have the confidence but a one piece can be nice too so I'm not complaining (much) :persevere:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I wore my bikini at 160. I thought I looked thinner in that rather than squeezed into a corny one piece like an italian sausage.