Planet Fitness

Options
12346»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Still doesn't change the fact the whole premise of the "fitness center" is built around making fun of other people.

Aslo: A paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hasn't this horse been beaten to death on this forum?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Still doesn't change the fact the whole premise of the "fitness center" is built around making fun of other people.

Aslo: A paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea.

This^^^

Some people are missing the forest for the trees.....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

nope nope nope
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Dead horses have never been beaten enough on this forum. Never. Even its fossilised remains will continue to be beaten.
  • StoneColdLiger
    StoneColdLiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been working out there since October and I actually don't mind it. I think it just depends on the location. Mine is pretty layed back, and it is packed with equipment, has about 4 times more machines than the one, one town over. I've worn jeans and boots in there before and they didn't say anything to me. I've also never set off the "Lunk Alarm" I don't life heavier than what they have, so that doesn't bother me.
    Overall, I actually enjoy the place. Inexpensive, and a good way to get in a quick full body workout in my busy schedule.

Also, They have pizza the first Monday night of the month, and bagels the second Tuesday morning of the month. I've never been in there for Pizza but have grabbed a bagel. I need breakfast anyways right? You don't have to eat it.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I checked out PF when I was first starting to get back into fitness. Honestly, it would have suited my needs to get started.

But, now I'm lifting real weight. Sometimes, a PR comes with a grunt or two. I would be absolutely mortified if I set off the lunk alarm - I'm very shy - and so I probably wouldn't push myself to that point because I would be so anxious. That's the problem I see with PF.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

^^^^ is a fact.

I'm glad some of their franchises are not like the ads, really I am. But you can't blame people for basing their opinion of the company on the company's own marketing FFS.... If the company doesn't like the fact that people don't want to go there because of how they present their brand on the ads, then they need to take that up with their marketing department, not the people who are refusing to go there. Bad marketing is bad marketing. However, I strongly suspect that this is exactly the image and reaction that they want, because a) they want all the people who are too scared to go to "a real gym" to go to their "fitness centre" and continue to be too scared to go to "a real gym" so they become lifelong Planet Fitness members, and b) any kind of controversy, such as this thread, increases brand awareness and they probably see it that a few hardcore fitness enthusiasts stating on public forums that they're never going to go to planet fitness is worth it, because of all the gym-shy people lurking in the background that might become customers because of it.

Take home message: if you hate planet fitness that much don't post on threads like these, because you're playing into their marketing game and giving them free publicity.............. if you love planet fitness don't get butthurt when people criticise planet fitness based on the way that the company markets itself.

My reason for arguing on these threads is to make people consider that the "gymtimidation" they feel subject to in "real gyms" is something that pretty much everyone feels when they first go to a gym, or indeed any new place, and that when you get over it, you find the place is a lot more friendly and less intimidating than you thought it would be. I don't really care if people choose to go to planet fitness because it's cheap or because it suits them and their needs.... what bugs me is the idea of people avoiding all other gyms out of fear and/or planet fitness marketing making them think they really do have something to fear in "real gyms" when actually they don't.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

Dead horses have never been beaten enough on this forum. Never. Even its fossilised remains will continue to be beaten.

Very funny - and sadly very true...