Peanut Butter Addiction

Options

Replies

• Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar.
    It.
    Is.
    So.
    Divine.

And I'm obsessed with peanut butter too. I just don't keep any in the house.
    If my fiance wants a PB & J, he can figure something else out.
    I just refuse to sabatoge myself.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is the bomb-diggity and I have 15 different kinds in the house. If I don't have some peanut butter in my day then it's a bad, bad day.
  • jadashue
    jadashue Posts: 5
    Options
    Try Kirkland natural Peanut Butter, no sugar added, nothing but peanuts.
  • m_johannes
    m_johannes Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My name is Meredith, and I am a peanut butter-aholic.
  • johnsnowe
    Options
    Like everything in dieting, portion control is key.

For calorie-dense foods like peanut butter or chips, you should get a food scale and weigh your portions. Measure out your portion and then put away the jar of peanut butter.

Personally, I place 20 grams of peanut butter on a low-calorie slice of bread, fold it in half to make a half-sandwich, place it in a snack-size ziploc bag, and put it in my lunch box for part of my morning snack.

A little bit of peanut butter will give you lots of peanut butter taste.
  • jadashue
    jadashue Posts: 5
    Options
    The truth is, its a sugar addiction. Try Kirkland Peanut Butter, or any peanut butter that's only ingredients is, peanuts.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    one time the peanut butter fell out of the fridge and hit me on the head. that hurt me
    I had a huge jar fall off the shelf and land right on my toe. Lost the toe nail. That hurt me. :(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is one of my trigger foods, added to apples or bananas. When I do have it, it's difficult to stop with 2 Tablespoons. I don't have that problem with the PB2. I also added a small amount of crunchy PB to the PB2 for a change of pace.
    The PB2 also comes with premium chocolate, if you want to try it before purchasing a large jar, some Green Markets sell the sample package for about $1.00. If you are wanting to avoid the sugars not much will be gained by switching to PB2, however there are other benefits.
    Jif Reduced Fat PB: C=190, Fat=12,Sodium=220, Carb=15, Fiber=2,Sugar=4, Protein=7
    PB2: C=45, Fat=1,Sodium=70, Carb=6, Fiber=1,Sugar=3, Protein=4

To the gentleman that stated 'Willpower" is the answer, implying (to my way of thinking) those who struggle don't have willpower, I would like to point out the following...

Willpower is what we have in abundance, otherwise we would not continue trying to lose weight and return to a healthy weight.
    "Won't Power" is what is needed... I Won't have (fill in the blank _____________) over a healthy amount today.

"Won't Power" sounds like negative thinking to me. Your will is your desire and willingness. It's your brain overcoming your feelings and emotions to do what you know you need to do. I like to think in positive terms.
  • runnergirl0419
    runnergirl0419 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For me, when I consume peanut butter I cannot stop after 2 tbsp. Peanut butter is really only a positive addition to your diet if you max at 2 tbsp. If not, it is just as bad as consuming ice cream because of the fat content. If you are going to indulge in more than a serving size, opt for a healthier spread such as almond butter. Almonds are an overall better nut than peanuts, so you can maximize the benefits with the same effect.
  • erica5520
    erica5520 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My sons love it - they are athletic growing boys and I mean they LOVE peanut butter. I can’t stop buying it because I have a weight problem and they don’t.

So I guess it’s all about portion control and willpower.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    For me, when I consume peanut butter I cannot stop after 2 tbsp. Peanut butter is really only a positive addition to your diet if you max at 2 tbsp. If not, it is just as bad as consuming ice cream because of the fat content. If you are going to indulge in more than a serving size, opt for a healthier spread such as almond butter. Almonds are an overall better nut than peanuts, so you can maximize the benefits with the same effect.

Fats are essential for hormone control health and they're hella tasty.

There is nothing wrong with peanut butter OR ice cream.
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have been supplementing with PB2. My hubby just sent me this article this morning (http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/) so I guess Im back to moderation with the Adam's PB.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    moY6cuOPz8HXDImIhQFMrng.jpg

I eat this by the spoonful. I just make sure and log it all.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

So I guess the peanut butter ice cream I have in the freezer is really bad, how will I survive
  • erica5520
    erica5520 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "In retaliation, I'm having me some regular Peanut Butter for breakfast. Maybe lather myself up in it O.O"

LOL!
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Well, I guess those 3 tbsp of peanut butter I eat almost daily is going to be the end of me. Also, what if you're trying to up your fat to meet macros? Fat isn't the enemy, no matter how much the 90s wants us to believe.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

So I guess the peanut butter ice cream I have in the freezer is really bad, how will I survive

You won't. Write you will now and leave it all to me.

When this kills me I leave all remaining Peanut butter Gelato to MrM27

29vnt6p.jpg