Peanut Butter Addiction

Options

Replies

• kelli_panzera
    Options
    I got the Jif whipped pb...A whopping 140 cals per serving but much better than 200+!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand. Why would anyone want to eat this PB2 stuff instead of Real Food (proper wholesome Peanuts)?

It just sounds to me like loads of other over processed 'stuff'... Maybe it's just me but natural must be better(??)

I sort of get why people want to reduce their calorific intake .. but at the expense of eating proper food ??? .. yuk .. not me mates. I'd rather eat Less of proper food than More processed to within an inch of it's life stuff... Call me picky
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand. Why would anyone want to eat this PB2 stuff instead of Real Food (proper wholesome Peanuts)?

It just sounds to me like loads of other over processed 'stuff'... Maybe it's just me but natural must be better(??)

I sort of get why people want to reduce their calorific intake .. but at the expense of eating proper food ??? .. yuk .. not me mates. I'd rather eat Less of proper food than More processed to within an inch of it's life stuff... Call me picky

I don't think it can replace peanut butter, but I love it in smoothies and baking. It's 45 calories for 4 grams of protein. That works for me. It's just defatted peanuts.

OP, if you have 8 jars of peanut butter and feel you can't control yourself with them, donate them to a food bank. Log every single tablespoon of peanut butter so you can't fool yourself into believing you aren't eating that many calories in PB. I personally think it's probably the perfect combination of sugar (from the apples) and fat. Peanut butter and bananas get me. I can stick to one serving a day, but it's all I actually want to eat.
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    PB2 is your friend. 45 calories for 2 TBS. 85% of the fat and calories have been removed. Indulge all you want.
    PB2. ....gross.

I ate a PB filled chocolate Easter bunny this morning. I then noticed there was a little bit of PB on the box so I ate the box. I think I'm addicted to PB............and boxes.

bwhaaaaaaa ... check out the caloric value of cardboard based packing ... it burns well so MUST be high in real Calories.
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    willpower.

you don't say

TeHe ... sometimes the obvious really does need to be said (especially around these parts!!) .. because, after all Common Sense is no longer all that common.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    PB2 is your friend. 45 calories for 2 TBS. 85% of the fat and calories have been removed. Indulge all you want.
    PB2. ....gross.

I ate a PB filled chocolate Easter bunny this morning. I then noticed there was a little bit of PB on the box so I ate the box. I think I'm addicted to PB............and boxes.

bwhaaaaaaa ... check out the caloric value of cardboard based packing ... it burns well so MUST be high in real Calories.

On Monday that cardboard box is going to be empty calories!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So they've removed 85% of the stuff that is in fact good for you!
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Will power is easier for males. I took an eating disorder class from penn state and learned that males have a different approach to dieting than females. To men food is just food whereas to females there is a more emotional relationship. We r more likely to eat due to feelings. For the most part. Some men feel this way too and some women don't but in general this is the way it seems to be. It's ions of the many reasons women have a harder time losing weight than men,

Will power is not gender specific. Some class you took.
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    So they've removed 85% of the stuff that is in fact good for you!

yeap, welcome to the over processed guilt ridden world (if it's not fat free it's the spawn of the devil) :-(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is really hurting me. I never cared too much about it till I tried it with apples about 2 weeks ago and I am hooked. I have apples+PB for dinner every single day! Id say I get 6 to 8 tbspoons of PB a day. I get the Natural Smucker's brand. I try not to eat any other fat during the day, but the PB is killing me! When I try to stop eating it, I just start craving it ughhh. What has helped you get over a specific food addiction?

Food is necessary for life. That's not an "addiction."
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    reeses peanut butter cups will be the death of me =(
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Will power is easier for males. I took an eating disorder class from penn state and learned that males have a different approach to dieting than females. To men food is just food whereas to females there is a more emotional relationship. We r more likely to eat due to feelings. For the most part. Some men feel this way too and some women don't but in general this is the way it seems to be. It's ions of the many reasons women have a harder time losing weight than men,

meryl-streep-laughing-while-jennifer-lawrence-falls-down.gif

I hope you didn't pay for that class. If you did, ask for your money back.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    A lot of stores have those snack packs of peanut butter. Maybe invest in those, and only have one with your apples. I can't remember the calorie content though.

^^ I do these for work. They are perfect for portion control as well as convenience.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    So is a pregnant women who cries frequently using the pregnancy as a crutch? No. It's hormones. Ours are different than yours. And it's not all women. And men might experience it too.

So it's female hormones that cause it. Except in women where it doesn't. And except in men where it does.

Right?

Jennifer-Lawrence-F-Word-Oscars-GIF.gif
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    P2B. Enough said.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    IMHO: Food addictions can be real. Compulsive overeating is the opposite side of the coin from anorexia. In fact, people will go between the two disorders. If you believe yourself to have an eating disorder I'd find a 12 step program (OA) to help. It's not about willpower if it's addiction.

If food addiction was real, then why is it only people with eating disorders and compulsive behaviors who get addicted, and why is it completely irrespective of the chemistry in the food?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    IMHO: Food addictions can be real. Compulsive overeating is the opposite side of the coin from anorexia. In fact, people will go between the two disorders. If you believe yourself to have an eating disorder I'd find a 12 step program (OA) to help. It's not about willpower if it's addiction.
    I go through periods where I binge eat a lot on one particular food, I do not know why I do it, but I have done it till it made me sick and tired of whatever food it was and then I get over it for months and even longer till the next binge phase comes back....

I used to do it too. Then I discovered it wasn't the food causing it at all. It was my own emotional problems that were the underlying cause. Again, it isn't the food, it's the person. And people who can't control their own actions need counseling.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    reeses peanut butter cups will be the death of me =(

Nothing that sweet can ever di you - EVER! My fav's peanut butter M&M's - so pleased you cannot get them in the UK as I would have a real inner fight going on in my brain.