Peanut Butter Addiction

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    its the sugar your craving, I love peanut butter, my husband and I have had many a debates over why should he suffer and not be able to have it in the house, he eats it once every month it that! :grumble: I was plowing through a large jar in a week! I stopped buying it, out of sight out mind , seems drastic but I had to do it for me, he was fine lol, once I got it out of my system and mind, I was ok , its now at the faaaaaaaaaaaar end of the closet down the hall in the pantry, its been there for 2months , haven't touched it, neither has he come to think of it lol
    another trigger for me is diet pop, I cut that out to, again its the sugar, the aspartame just made me want more, OUT OF THE HOUSE IT WENT LOL:laugh:
    youll figure out whats best for you, I was also tired of people yapping oh its good for you , have it, oh piss off, they don't understand , sure a tablespoon is good , not a tub of it.
    the fat grams way out weigh the protein.
    youll get there , im here if you need, add me if you like.

Smucker's natural brand is made with peanuts and salt. So, while sugar is often a convent scapegoat, that's not the culprit here. I assume the OP just happens to like peanut butter a lot.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Will power is easier for males. I took an eating disorder class from penn state and learned that males have a different approach to dieting than females. To men food is just food whereas to females there is a more emotional relationship. We r more likely to eat due to feelings. For the most part. Some men feel this way too and some women don't but in general this is the way it seems to be. It's ions of the many reasons women have a harder time losing weight than men,

Oh.

I always thought it was cause bishes be...well. nevermind. Let's go with your reasonin.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Will power is easier for males. I took an eating disorder class from penn state and learned that males have a different approach to dieting than females. To men food is just food whereas to females there is a more emotional relationship. We r more likely to eat due to feelings. For the most part. Some men feel this way too and some women don't but in general this is the way it seems to be. It's ions of the many reasons women have a harder time losing weight than men,

Right.

Blanket statements for the win.....

And men cheat because "we're programmed that way" too huh...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I do not buy it anymore. I was certainly not getting through 7-8 tbsp a day, but those extra spoonfuls were adding up and I can think of better things to have for the calories. I also do not buy in large quantities of cookies, chocolate, ice cream or other such things now. I never used to anyway as I saw no reason to. Much better to just treat oneself to something higher quality while out and about, or buy a single portion now and again. Or occasionally splurge. My ability to moderate, depends on my emotional state and what stressors are in my life.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

lol so woman are so emotional that they over eat??? wow…way to paint every single woman as an emotional overeating b***
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I have seen plenty of men on here who have struggled with moderation as well, and who have also had to keep certain foods out of their reach. Having said that, I have come across more females than males who have struggled with a tendency to try and eat their emotions. Also, is there a possibility that we females tend to stress out about it a lot more whereas the guys will shrug and just use the extra to fuel more killer workouts, or balance it out in other ways? Just pondering out loud. All I know is that I personally, tend to eat in response to various emotions, and have issues noticing when I am tired/thirsty, rather than hungry. That is something I am working on.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It didn't state it to out men down. But you can't just tell someone who is reaching out for help to have will power. Women have many different needs than men due to hormones. And we shouldn't feel bad about that.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're not eating any other fat than what's in your PB? My suggestion is to bring more fat from other sources into your diet rather than relying solely on PB.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I just don't.

No. Not an addiction.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is really hurting me. I never cared too much about it till I tried it with apples about 2 weeks ago and I am hooked. I have apples+PB for dinner every single day! Id say I get 6 to 8 tbspoons of PB a day. I get the Natural Smucker's brand. I try not to eat any other fat during the day, but the PB is killing me! When I try to stop eating it, I just start craving it ughhh. What has helped you get over a specific food addiction?
    A lot of stores have those snack packs of peanut butter. Maybe invest in those, and only have one with your apples. I can't remember the calorie content though.
  • nicolemontagna22
    Options
    You say 6-8 tbspoons a day. Is that on the apples as dinner or that in addition to other times that day?
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

LOL no.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    It didn't state it to out men down. But you can't just tell someone who is reaching out for help to have will power. Women have many different needs than men due to hormones. And we shouldn't feel bad about that.

I'm not offended. I'm just saying a statement like that is simply a crutch.

It's the exact same thing as saying a male should be excused to cheat, because we have testosterone and a higher sex drive. Give me a break.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    blame it on the hormones..who knew ladies, this is why you are can't controls your peanut butter addiction…lol
  • nicolemontagna22
    Options
    One thing I hate about MFP is you put something up to inform the original posted and everyone has to tell you you are wrong. You might not believe it but guess what that guy who stated it has a doctorate and you don't so whether you believe it or not is your opinion but you are certainly are no position to say it's definitely wrong.
  • ndj1979
    Options

It's the exact same thing as saying a male should be excused to cheat, because we have testosterone and a higher sex drive. Give me a break.

well wait a minute, I thought that was our "get out of jail card"….what the hell are you doing bro?????
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    blame it on the hormones..who knew ladies, this is why you are can't controls your peanut butter addiction…lol

I wonder if dogs feel the same way?
  • LolBroScience
    Options

well wait a minute, I thought that was our "get out of jail card"….what the hell are you doing bro?????

abort mission!
  • winonavampire
    winonavampire Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? I love peanut butter and switched to this product. It's powdered and just mix with water. Just follow instructions - tastes great with less calories and oil!

I was gonna post this but you beat me to it! I go through pounds of this stuff!!