Peanut Butter Addiction

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    One thing I hate about MFP is you put something up to inform the original posted and everyone has to tell you you are wrong. You might not believe it but guess what that guy who stated it has a doctorate and you don't so whether you believe it or not is your opinion but you are certainly are no position to say it's definitely wrong.

riddle me this then….why do men binge eat then too?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    One thing I hate about MFP is you put something up to inform the original posted and everyone has to tell you you are wrong. You might not believe it but guess what that guy who stated it has a doctorate and you don't so whether you believe it or not is your opinion but you are certainly are no position to say it's definitely wrong.

How do you know he doesn't have a doctorate? That's an interesting assumption to make, isn't it? Do you just assume there is no one on this site with one or is it something about him in particular that makes you think that?
  • Achrya
    Options

Lack of man cards?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    It didn't state it to out men down. But you can't just tell someone who is reaching out for help to have will power. Women have many different needs than men due to hormones. And we shouldn't feel bad about that.
    blame it on the hormones..who knew ladies, this is why you are can't controls your peanut butter addiction…lol

I wonder if dogs feel the same way?

bahahahahahahahahaha
  • ndj1979
    Options

Lack of man cards?

no testosterone so their hormones are similar to females?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    It didn't state it to out men down. But you can't just tell someone who is reaching out for help to have will power. Women have many different needs than men due to hormones. And we shouldn't feel bad about that.

I'm not offended. I'm just saying a statement like that is simply a crutch.

It's the exact same thing as saying a male should be excused to cheat, because we have testosterone and a higher sex drive. Give me a break.

wait, is this why you are doing the gelato cleanse….your hormonal this month bro???
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So is a pregnant women who cries frequently using the pregnancy as a crutch? No. It's hormones. Ours are different than yours. And it's not all women. And men might experience it too.
  • Achrya
    Options

Lack of man cards?

no testosterone so their hormones are similar to females?

Exactly. Thier hormones are all screwed up and that makes them basically women, which is why they lack willpower and binge! They lack self control, like women!

:indifferent:
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Achrya
    Options
    So is a pregnant women who cries frequently using the pregnancy as a crutch? No. It's hormones. Ours are different than yours. And it's not all women. And men might experience it too.

So it's female hormones that cause it. Except in women where it doesn't. And except in men where it does.

Right?
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    PB2 is good!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I was eating peanut butter on everything too, but after I stopped eating it for a few weeks, I don't even like it that much anymore, and hardly ever eat it now. Maybe I just ate too much of it!

did you do a hormone cleanse???
  • Tffanie4712
    Tffanie4712 Posts: 115
    Options
    Peanut butter was mine but I got tired of losing gaining you know being right back where i started. So i had to give it up.It's still my favorite food to eat but I think of it as i'm going to control the peanut butter I'M NOT GOING TO LET IT CONTROL ME.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I was eating peanut butter on everything too, but after I stopped eating it for a few weeks, I don't even like it that much anymore, and hardly ever eat it now. Maybe I just ate too much of it!

Thats what I call it when i scream and cry into my pillows at night.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Thats what I call it when i scream and cry into my pillows at night.

lol….
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Here's my point....I am telling the posted what the study said. Whether or not others buy into it is their own OPIINiON. I'm all about people having opinions. But how do they KNOW it's wrong? I know a few of you on here don't buy into it but don't tell this poor poster that's she just needs willpower . I'm sure she's tried to just not have as often but she's reaching out for a reason. So why don't we give her suggestions on how to get past this instead of just saying to get over it. I don't tell my clients (I work in behavioral health) to just get over their issues. I tell them how
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Here's my point....I am telling the posted what the study said. Whether or not others buy into it is their own OPIINiON. I'm all about people having opinions. But how do they KNOW it's wrong? I know a few of you on here don't buy into it but don't tell this poor poster that's she just needs willpower . I'm sure she's tried to just not have as often but she's reaching out for a reason. So why don't we give her suggestions on how to get past this instead of just saying to get over it. I don't tell my clients (I work in behavioral health) to just get over their issues. I tell them how

So telling someone to just accept that it's normal and ok due to a study is better. Got it.
  • recoveringleah
    Options
    I too find myself craving peanut butter often. My solution was PB2 natural powdered peanut butter. I personally recommend it because while it is only 45 calories per 2 Tbsp and pretty much fat free it is still delicious! Since it is powdered and you must first mix it with water to make, you will more than likely avoid peanut butter binges by not being able to immediately eat it out of the jar. The act of preparing it allows you to think - do I really need this? (hint: the answer is almost always no ;)
  • ndj1979
    Options

you are giving her a crutch to continue with her eating…."its not your fault, its your hormones and you can't control those…"If over eating peanut butter is hormonal then how in the heck would one ever stop ..will power? Oh wait, we already ruled that out as an option …

OP - I guess your hormones have you stuck with eating mass quantities of peanut butter for the rest of your life because you are biologically programmed to do so….

/thread
  • Achrya
    Options

But all you told the OP was that as a woman she'll have a harder time with willpower. You didn't offer a solution or give her any suggestions you just said 'There there, it's not your fault, you have girl parts and that means it's harder for you to say no to food.'

I'm drawing a blank on how that's more helpful than 'willpower', except that I guess what you said will make the OP feel less bad as she eats her 6th spoonful of peanut butter because hey, hormones mean her willpower is just naturally weaker!

Oh, btw: OP, I've been known to down an entire pan of brownies at once and take down whole pizzas all by myself. I stopped doing so because I had to if I wanted to lose weight. It came down a desire to not be overweight and the willpower to stick to my goals. So either you'll do it or you won't, but it's gonna come down to willpower.