Peanut Butter Addiction

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Jaffsa
    Jaffsa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I only got through the first couple pages of this thread, but I saw many people mention PB2... YES!! I cant stress it enough-
    PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 !!

Its my favorite snack! I have it everyday... I was just like you-- insanely in love with peanut butter, but I could never have it as nearly as much as I wanted! THEN- PB2 came into my life.... 45 calories for 2 tablespoons!!!!!!!!!! Its a miracle!
    HIGHLY recommend it!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    For me, when I consume peanut butter I cannot stop after 2 tbsp. Peanut butter is really only a positive addition to your diet if you max at 2 tbsp. If not, it is just as bad as consuming ice cream because of the fat content. If you are going to indulge in more than a serving size, opt for a healthier spread such as almond butter. Almonds are an overall better nut than peanuts, so you can maximize the benefits with the same effect.

Strong knowledge of nutrition.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Will power is easier for males. I took an eating disorder class from penn state and learned that males have a different approach to dieting than females. To men food is just food whereas to females there is a more emotional relationship. We r more likely to eat due to feelings. For the most part. Some men feel this way too and some women don't but in general this is the way it seems to be. It's ions of the many reasons women have a harder time losing weight than men,

no. no, and no.

i am not in a relationship with my food. can you please give Penn state my number. they need more women to study.

brb I gotta go yell at my cookies to take out the trash and whine to my lemonade why it doesn't send me flowers anymore. ridic.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You know how a dog when you give it a big spoon of peanut butter it is stuck licking it for days? HOW are you all getting past this hurdle? I really wanna know. Because I cannot eat loads of peanut butter in quantities even close to being called an addiction. I call B.S.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Will power is easier for males. I took an eating disorder class from penn state and learned that males have a different approach to dieting than females. To men food is just food whereas to females there is a more emotional relationship. We r more likely to eat due to feelings. For the most part. Some men feel this way too and some women don't but in general this is the way it seems to be. It's ions of the many reasons women have a harder time losing weight than men,

no. no, and no.

i am not in a relationship with my food. can you please give Penn state my number. they need more women to study.

brb I gotta go yell at my cookies to take out the trash and whine to my lemonade why it doesn't send me flowers anymore. ridic.

Record that conversation and post it please. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    29vnt6p.jpg

Quit making me drool on my keyboard! :angry:
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For me, when I consume peanut butter I cannot stop after 2 tbsp. Peanut butter is really only a positive addition to your diet if you max at 2 tbsp. If not, it is just as bad as consuming ice cream because of the fat content. If you are going to indulge in more than a serving size, opt for a healthier spread such as almond butter. Almonds are an overall better nut than peanuts, so you can maximize the benefits with the same effect.
    *facepalm*

So 3 tbls or ice cream are no good for us? Hopefully you take some time to learn a little more about nutrition as your journey continues instead of making statements like the one above.

Agreed.

Days without peanut butter are wasted days.
    There's a difference between healthy fat and transfat guys. And a HUGE difference between natural and sweetened pbs. And since we're all ignoring this

http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter

About to go read that myself. Just don't want it getting lost in the crazy mix
  • Jaffsa
    Jaffsa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I only got through the first couple pages of this thread, but I saw many people mention PB2... YES!! I cant stress it enough-
    PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 !!

Its my favorite snack! I have it everyday... I was just like you-- insanely in love with peanut butter, but I could never have it as nearly as much as I wanted! THEN- PB2 came into my life.... 45 calories for 2 tablespoons!!!!!!!!!! Its a miracle!
    HIGHLY recommend it!
    I think you've been hypnotized to think that's actually good stuff.

1, 2, 3 snap out of the trance.

You don't like it?!! I love it and do think it IS good!
    For someone whose mom bought "diet" foods throughout my whole life, I've grown accustomed to having the "lesser-tasting-version" of something.
    Sure, PB2 isn't AS GOOD as regular Peanut Butter, but for the calories, I think it is a wonderful alternative and recommend it to anyone who loves peanut butter as much as I do- it helps get my fix! :)

Sorry you can't find the pleasure in it like I do! :wink: :happy:
  • fasy1
    fasy1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So far, I've had 1 tablespoon and a half of PB today, but I know I will probably have 2 more and cap it at that ! Yesterday was a bad day :(
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I just made peanut butter pie for dessert tonight. YUM :happy:
  • fasy1
    Options

Never had pB pie, that sounds yummy. Enjoy :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

If peanut butter is your downfall then I wouldn't suggest trying it :wink:
  • fasy1
    Options

If peanut butter is your downfall then I wouldn't suggest trying it :wink:

That's wise :) I sticked to 4 TB yesterday, let's see if I can do better today