P90X (November 1st)

Options

Replies

• Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cardio X is my favorite but I have NEVER been able to make it through the whole thing!
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So do we have a master list of who all is "in" for 1 Nov? I'd like to add them all as friends.

Those who have expressed interest or commited thus far:
    SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

If I have neglected to add anyone or if you are just reading this thread feel free to quote and add your name to the list.

Lindsay (ectxgrl)

karincakes :smile:

rebeccacaldwe

I just started the other day but I am totally in!!

khollyk

Can't wait! I bought the p90x dvds a few months ago, along with the equipment but somehow life got in the way and I never started. This should be good motivation!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I just did the X Stretch ... WOW amazing! I am so excited to start this program!

I knew you would love it!! : )
  • SaraTN
    Options
    Can't wait! I bought the p90x dvds a few months ago, along with the equipment but somehow life got in the way and I never started. This should be good motivation!

Welcome -
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I just finished a half marathon 2 weeks ago and decided on my own to start P90X on Mon Nov 1st... It must be fate that I ran across this tread and would love to join you. I will be doing the lean version. I took the fit test today and will post results on the new thread.

Info on me - I'm a 42 year old woman, married almost 20 years but no children, and a health-care professional. I had my enlightened day over a year ago when I decided to make a change - now I'm 55 pounds lighter and the best shape of my life. I still have 42 pounds to lose... I'm really excited to start P90X!!!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to all those starting I would love to join you but I already started my second round on Oct 4. Stick with it even if/when it gets rough, you will get results and it will change your life. If anyone needs some advice or help anytime during the process just add me here or message me.

check out my results here : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/125513-goal-achieved-thanks-to-mfp-p90x-pics

Frankie Rich
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.beachbodycoach.com/frankbo25
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    nobody put me on that mast list... oh well....
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sara's been busy today :) don't worry!
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    Ok! Count me in! I'm only a week in on this site...been working with a personal trainer for a few weeks...He suggested we start doing the cardio part of P90X...so I was gonna start there...and would prefer to for the first week...If I can suggest that..Heehee! Atleast til everyone gets their DVDs in!!!! I actually have mine already..thanks to my boyfriend...he's got the P90 also, I just looked at that cardio tonite..was thinking about starting there first. But I'm in...will try to stick with the program as long as I can, I'm a bit heavier than you girls, but prolly just as strong..lol..but that's what counts huh! I've taken the liberty of adding you all as friends...will want to see and hear all about it!... It'll just help keep us stronger..seeing each others P90X postings!!! :)
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    So do we have a master list of who all is "in" for 1 Nov? I'd like to add them all as friends.

SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

If I have neglected to add anyone or if you are just reading this thread feel free to quote and add your name to the list.

Lindsay (ectxgrl)

rebeccacaldwe

khollyk

I'm IN!
  • thehealthyone
    Options

SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

Lindsay (ectxgrl)

rebeccacaldwe

khollyk

I'm IN!
  • TheFutureIsMine
    Options
    Hey all!
    I'm so glad I came across this thread! I planned on starting on Nov.1st and purposely came on to MFP for support!
    Please add me to the list!
    Woot! I'm pumped!!!
  • SaraTN
    Options
    nobody put me on that mast list... oh well....

No worries you are on my master list and I added you as a friend (you accepted)... I just got back from said Halloween party so I must record the drinks that I had... and will do my fit test tomorrow... but my gigs were hysterical.. for once I know what its like to be a girl with boobies (photos to come) everyone looked at me.... smiled... asked to touch boobies... etc... good times.. but in real life I am happy to be flat...
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey. I heve started P90X week ago and I love it! you will too. But you need to watch what you eat if you wanna loose pounds!.
    Good luck

I was just wondering if you eat the full amount of calories they tell you to? According to the book I should be eating 2400 calories which seems a little excessive considering the only workout I do is the dvds and since I am a student I'm sedentary most of the day.
    I am 5 1 and weigh 190 lbs. I have had advice to eat between 1600-1900 calories which seems like something I could do. What are your thoughts?
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey. I heve started P90X week ago and I love it! you will too. But you need to watch what you eat if you wanna loose pounds!.
    Good luck

I was just wondering if you eat the full amount of calories they tell you to? According to the book I should be eating 2400 calories which seems a little excessive considering the only workout I do is the dvds and since I am a student I'm sedentary most of the day.
    I am 5 1 and weigh 190 lbs. I have had advice to eat between 1600-1900 calories which seems like something I could do. What are your thoughts?
    I eat 1200-1400 kcal. I would never loose weight if I eat 2800! But since I'm doing P90X I'm hungry all the time. I lost 6 pounds and I get the plateau, but thats why I'm building muscles ( they weight more then fat ) but my cloths are way too big.
    Hope it helped
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm still so new to all of this....where is the new thread? I'm not sure how to keep up with all of this!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm still so new to all of this....where is the new thread? I'm not sure how to keep up with all of this!

SaraTN will post a link in this thread when she starts the new one.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    just took my before photos... groan. definitely looking forward to the after photos!

i may try x stretch today, looks like everyone loves it!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    gah! frustrated with the beachbody gym workout scheduler ... I am entering the pre program starting on November 3 and the sunday workout is NOT showing up ... my day off is Tuesday and seems that the calendar over there is just messed up :( it's annoying.

edit: okay december and january show up correctly but not November ... bah.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I was so excited to start P90X that I did the Stretch X DVD!!! WOWSA - I never dreamed that I'd sweat during a stretch DVD!!!