Replies

• pattyebricker
    pattyebricker Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The one meal a day thing doesn't bother me at all .. but it would never ever work for me. I hate eating .. I am not a food person. I only do it now to keep me breathing, but if I could I would just avoid it altogether. Well except chocolate .. lets be honest.

How did I get fat .. junk food and pop and endless eating a couple of bad food items.

So .. my only question, how much did you eat in that one meal ? You never did disclose that.

My meals can be 200-300 cal for lunch or supper, so having a to eat 6 times that in one meal would be very very hard.

But you do deserve credit for your progress. Your one meal must have been one **** of a meal though.

Losing, I started out ridiculously nuts. 700 calories a day. I got smarter and quickly upped this to between 1,100 and 1,400 per day, and later, to 1,400 to 1,600. My loss was consistently fast, especially after getting above 1,100 calories. I had short plateaus and averaged 2.4 lbs per week.

The one-plate rule is for starting out, but yes, you fill up a standard-sized 10-inch plate full as I describe in the article. Everything is on the plate with the exception of one healthy calorie beverage. All others are non-calorie for the rest of the day. And you can't get more than 1,878 calories on one plate. I've tried.

This will work for anyone. But snacking or grazing - on anything - is why and how people get fat.

Now that I'm maintaining, I'm at 2,100 to 2,800 calories a day. That fills two to three plates easy. Tonight was about 3,000 calories, mostly protein. I vary my days and still follow my tastes. Eating is serious work now. For the first time in my life, I have to work to tank up and the only time I think about food is basically when I get ready to prepare it--aside from some occasional phantom cravings from the old days.

"Hunger high" is pretty cool. It feels so good to run on reserves after you're used to it.

bump
  • OMADJay
    OMADJay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Arguablysamson,

I was motivated to join this site after I came across your OMAD success story and read through many of your posts. I am inspired by your results, and am ready to get out of this rut of obesity and lack of control I have been living over the past 8 years or so. My current physical stats are similar to your 'before' stats. I am a 37 yr old man, 6 ft tall, 350lbs. I am so ready to change my life and take control.

I marked my calendar to start the OMAD lifestyle on Nov 1, 2014, and created my username to identify with my new eating habits. I look forward to getting some positive changes in my life. I expect it will be tough but so worth it if I can get to a place that you are now living. I learned a lot from your posts; especially my obsession with the scale that has really psyched me out, and that I would be better off avoiding junk food altogether as moderation does not work for me with food.

Thank you for your contributions to the better good. Wish me luck.

OMAD Jay
  • ShantelRae72
    ShantelRae72 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well.I weighd in on tues 1 week from starting OMAD and I lost 10 pounds so excited . I only did my splurge day on Saturday and have basically cut out sll sugars and bad carbs and I'm eating pretty healthy. I had a rough day Tuesday. ( tired and ligjt headed) but ate a good meal. that night with a piece of fruit and have felt great ever since. Im wondering when is the best time to excecise before or after meal ( I hope before) Thanks so much now the girls in my shop want to
    try it.
  • ShantelRae72
    ShantelRae72 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    nevermind just saw after the meal
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    OMADJay wrote: »
    Arguablysamson,

I was motivated to join this site after I came across your OMAD success story and read through many of your posts. I am inspired by your results, and am ready to get out of this rut of obesity and lack of control I have been living over the past 8 years or so. My current physical stats are similar to your 'before' stats. I am a 37 yr old man, 6 ft tall, 350lbs. I am so ready to change my life and take control.

I marked my calendar to start the OMAD lifestyle on Nov 1, 2014, and created my username to identify with my new eating habits. I look forward to getting some positive changes in my life. I expect it will be tough but so worth it if I can get to a place that you are now living. I learned a lot from your posts; especially my obsession with the scale that has really psyched me out, and that I would be better off avoiding junk food altogether as moderation does not work for me with food.

Thank you for your contributions to the better good. Wish me luck.

OMAD Jay

Hi, Jay.

It will work. Just do the plan and then live your life. Don't get obsessed and don't get impatient (like a lot of people do and just quit before their bodies have time to make long-term metabolic changes -- about 4 to 6 months).

Keep a steady hand and avoid extensive deviation from the plan if at all possible (this includes "trying" new things like many others do around these parts when they get bored with their progress).

And it doesn't matter what anyone else does or says. It's you that's in the driver's seat. Take the lead and you will change yourself and your life forever.

Everybody talks about losing weight. You will be one of the ones who actually goes out and does it.

:-)

• Emma2346
    Emma2346 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! This thread is so inspiring. I'm starting today. I'm not excessively overweight but I do struggle with weight loss. I'm hoping to lose about 20lbs and think I can achieve it with OMAD. Keep posting your stories people and a big well done to OP
  • arguablysamson
    edited November 2014
    Options
    A couple more pics, the last taken about four months ago...
    Screenshot2014-11-10at75733PM_zpscd7e6642.png
    363 lbs
    0b3e0161-16d7-4463-bbf4-998b93f7c6c0_zpsa05ba57b.png
    197 lbs
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends eats one meal a day, she has never been fat..at least not in the 12 years that I've known her. Her one meal a day is always KFc or fast food, but hey..she has been a size 6 forever so to each their own and congrats on your weight loss!
  • OMADTammy
    OMADTammy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful.... This was my normal way of eating until life led me to 3 meals a day and some. I have to congratulate you on your weight loss. You look amazing....... I have been trying everything out there with no success due to I have consumed myself into thinking I have to eat 3x a day. As of yesterday I just went back to OMAD and what I have realized is I'm not as hungry as I thought I was. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to lose your weight?
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    You look wonderful.... This was my normal way of eating until life led me to 3 meals a day and some. I have to congratulate you on your weight loss. You look amazing....... I have been trying everything out there with no success due to I have consumed myself into thinking I have to eat 3x a day. As of yesterday I just went back to OMAD and what I have realized is I'm not as hungry as I thought I was. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to lose your weight?

Way to switch back! We OMADers are glad to have you on our side again! ;-)

It took me 10 months and about 27 days, as I recall.
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    wow - this is an amazing story - thank you so much for sharing
  • OMADTammy
    OMADTammy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome..............
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I think that you have achieved amazing results! Well done.
    I don’t agree with your method, not because I am an “armchair dietician” but because I would be simply miserable if I only ate one meal a day! I am eating more now than I ever have!! I’m just eating the right things, with an occasional treat (calories permitting!). My weight is coming off slowly, but I think it is more sustainable.

That being said, your method clearly worked for you, and I admire the will power that it must have taken for you to stick with it. Nobody can take that away from you. Well done, Sir! :smile:
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Glad you are healthier and able to live life fuller now. :smile:
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. This makes so much sense to me. I have often thought about eating in such a way but never did because I thought "it was the wrong way". Sounds silly I know. We sound very similar in the way we are with food and I love your no nosense approach to basically grow up, stop making excuses , and do what needs done. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am going to do this. I am excited to do it. While everyone is stuffing their face I will have a little smile going on inside that only I will know why. I have lost 94 lbs at this point. I need to lose another 80. I can really see myself getting there using this method. Thank you and you look great.
  • arguablysamson
    edited January 2015
    Options

Thanks. And sorry for the very late reply. Took me over 10 months to drop the lbs. After that has been really more of a toning, loose-skin-settling process, which hasn't proven too troublesome. I continue to add muscle, run, and advance my health and my life as I hover in the low to mid-190s.

• keelz2010
    keelz2010 Posts: 182
    Options
    You look great, well done!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

There is NOTHING WRONG with one meal a day or fasting! I only eat two meals a day, and I never eat breakfast. I'm WAY healthier and I sleep better and everything. Don't let anyone tell you what works for YOU. Only you know this :)
  • christmaseve70
    christmaseve70 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    God bless ya! I personally couldnt do one meal a day but to each his/her own! You look fantastic! Truly are an inspiration!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!