Diet Coke Cake?

Options

Replies

• sorilue
    sorilue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Groketee, Just wondering why you would click on Diet Coke Cake if these are your true feelings. I myself think it sounds wonderful and will be trying it this weekend.:happy:
  • pam3046
    pam3046 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Grokette:
    That is your opinion and your stance, every one else is entitled to theirs, but it does sound like you are being very negative and
    judgemental to what other people do.

The diet coke cake is awesome.....
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Groketee, Just wondering why you would click on Diet Coke Cake if these are your true feelings. I myself think it sounds wonderful and will be trying it this weekend.:happy:

As i previously mentioned, I have a duty to spread the word for people to have good health and eating a "diet soda cake" is definitely not one of them.

It is not being judgemental nor negative.

I am telling people the straight truth, just like my Doctor told it to me.

What good does it do to lie to people about things that aren't good for them? I don't have the "enabler" mentality.............

In a nutshell, wouldn't you rather have a cake made from REAL ingredients from scratch than box cake mix and diet coke???
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    YOU would rather have a cake from raw whatever ingredients. That's great. You're doing what you've been told to do, what you believe is right & what you want to do for YOU. Not everybody has the same lifestyle as you, doesn't make either party 'wrong' , just makes us different.

I believe calorie in vs calorie out. So, no, I'd much rather have a diet soda cupcake for 60cals instead of 160cals in a regular cupcake (or whatever calories are in both cupcakes).

Agree to disagree :flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I would much rather have a slice of cake that has been made with organic raw sugar, milk, eggs, pure vanilla, almond flour or coconut flour, unsweetened organic cocoa, etc..............

Than to eat a boxed mix (that has tons of sugar and chemicals) and diet soda........

And I would love to have that too. However, those aren't ingredients I happen to have laying around (meaning organic raw sugar, pure vanilla, almond flour, organic cocoa). What I do happen to have is a can of diet soda and a box of mix. Yes, it comes down to making healthier shopping choices, but you know what? Sometimes I just don't care. :laugh: I'm not perfect, I don't strive to be perfect. I can totally understand where you're coming from. It's not the healthiest choice, I know that. I've lost almost 60 lbs, so I can't be doing too terribly. Maybe someday I'll be perfect and eat all organic and turn up my nose at what others eat. But until then, I'm going to enjoy my chemical cake. :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have made this in cupcake form and cake form. Both are very yummy! And definitely lower in calories. Try Sprite Zero with cakes like lemon or strawberry. Diet Coke works with chocolate cakes.

Agree totally with the "recipe" suggestions!
  • dansu2000
    Options

I would much rather have a slice of cake that has been made with organic raw sugar, milk, eggs, pure vanilla, almond flour or coconut flour, unsweetened organic cocoa, etc..............

Than to eat a boxed mix (that has tons of sugar and chemicals) and diet soda........

And I would love to have that too. However, those aren't ingredients I happen to have laying around (meaning organic raw sugar, pure vanilla, almond flour, organic cocoa). What I do happen to have is a can of diet soda and a box of mix. Yes, it comes down to making healthier shopping choices, but you know what? Sometimes I just don't care. :laugh: I'm not perfect, I don't strive to be perfect. I can totally understand where you're coming from. It's not the healthiest choice, I know that. I've lost almost 60 lbs, so I can't be doing too terribly. Maybe someday I'll be perfect and eat all organic and turn up my nose at what others eat. But until then, I'm going to enjoy my chemical cake. :drinker:

OH YEAH! I wish there was a "like" button. Totally agree with you. You have lost a lot of weight so obviously you are doing something right. A treat now and then isn't gonna kill anybody!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

HEHE you go girl!! ;-)
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So, I'm sure you have heard of WWs diet coke cake. It sounds very yummy, but is it really healthier than normal cake?
    No egg, no oil, not even water added. Just diet coke and cake mix.
    Obviously this is a snack that should be eaten in small amounts anyway.

What do you think? Have you tried it? Is it really better than normal cake (calorie wise)?

I've heard it's delicious! Another great recipe to try:

Chocolate cake mix (I like devil's food the best) and one small can of pumpkin puree. Mix and bake.

The pumpkin gives added fiber, and it's DELICIOUS. To be honest, I'm not even a big fan of pumpkin, but my oh my... so good. :) And gives me a lower-cal chocolate fix!

I am soooo going to try this becuz I LOVE pumpkin and chocolate, thanks!! :-D
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Maybe someday I'll be perfect and eat all organic and turn up my nose at what others eat. But until then, I'm going to enjoy my chemical cake. :drinker:
    [/quote]

AMEN! chemical cake, here I come! ;)
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    Just took mine out of the oven. Had a fierce craving for cake! I did it a little different, I used lemon cake mix and diet pineapple soda. Can you say yum!!! Anyhoo, I don't use any eggs just mix and 12oz can of diet soda.
  • fitnwhole
    Options
    Just took mine out of the oven. Had a fierce craving for cake! I did it a little different, I used lemon cake mix and diet pineapple soda. Can you say yum!!! Anyhoo, I don't use any eggs just mix and 12oz can of diet soda.
  • fitnwhole
    Options
  • fitnwhole
    Options
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to Hungry Girl's different cake versions. Enjoy! :drinker:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/biteoutdetails.php?isid=2126
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Red Velvet cake using Diet Dr. Pepper. been there done that ooooooyaaaaaaaaa :smile:

I am so going to have to try this red velvet is my favorite (I only make it around the holidays for get togethers).
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I've made it in several different versions and flavors, and I'd add only one thing: sometimes they come out a little flat. They don't rise as they would with the eggs in there. If you add two beaten egg whites (only 34 calories total) you can guarantee that the cake will be fluffy, delicious and yes, contain chemicals LOL

Better life through chemistry!!!!!!!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I've made it in several different versions and flavors, and I'd add only one thing: sometimes they come out a little flat. They don't rise as they would with the eggs in there. If you add two beaten egg whites (only 34 calories total) you can guarantee that the cake will be fluffy, delicious and yes, contain chemicals LOL

Better life through chemistry!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    This recipe sounds like a delicious treat! I'm a chocoholic and sometimes find it hard to stay away. This is perfect!