Options

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bump - Sounds good to me too!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    bump - anyone know if this works with gluten free cake mixes?
  • sunnee
    sunnee Posts: 15
    Options
    OMG bump.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just made this with a Devils Food cake mix and coke zero. I added one tablespoon of egg whites - I had read somewhere that this helps make the cake rise.

I made cupcakes and these are AMAZING!! SO yummy. I didn't have any cool whip to frost them but I don't think they even need it. A definite make again treat!
  • bethanygl23
    bethanygl23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    funny how chemical cake was mentioned.... all food is made up of chemicals, whether it is organic broccoli or diet coke.

yay for coke cake!
  • kmmschaefer
    kmmschaefer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cnabeca
    Options
    Are you supposed to make this as a cake or cupcakes?
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I tried devils food cake with 1 15oz can of pumpkin. YES, pumkin! Didn't add any egg whites, oil, water, nothing else. Batter was thick, and when baked it didn't rise, but they were the moistest "brownies" EVER!!!! I made everyone try them everyone LOVED them and no one knew they were "low cal" They really helped my chocolate craving too :bigsmile:
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's super easy. You just take one box of cake mix and add one can of diet soda. Mix and pour into a greased pan. Bake as directed. I usually use fat free Cool Whip for the frosting. The calories are vary between 90 and 188 for each serving depending on whether you make cupcakes or a cake and whether you use Cool Whip for frosting or not. I was very skeptical about making it but it really works.

Ack, that is a total chemistry experiment.

You are eating nothing but processed chemicals in the soda, more processing and chemicals in the cake mix and then Cool Whip has the same ingredients as condom lube (even more chemicals)

Yeah, that sounds really appetitzing and healthy.

Your post comes off as very judgmental. Maybe it's not realistic for someone to eat completely perfectly at every single meal. Perfection is not realistic for me.

I am not coming off as judgemental to point out all the chemicals that one will ingest by eating a chemical concoction.

That is why Americans will never be healthy. They think as long as it is lower calorie that it is healthier, well its not.

I would much rather have a slice of cake that has been made with organic raw sugar, milk, eggs, pure vanilla, almond flour or coconut flour, unsweetened organic cocoa, etc..............

Than to eat a boxed mix (that has tons of sugar and chemicals) and diet soda........

As a person that is getting ready to certify in the Nutritional Field as a registered Dietician and focusing on Organic and Naturopathic ways, I will never endorse boxed foods. Sorry, it goes against everything I stand for.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html Just sayin' is all.
  • megan_mp
    Options
    I don't know if I'm just dense, but how do you calculate calories for these?

I made 48 mini cupcakes and I'm not sure how to calculate the calories...
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just saw a recipe for Funfetti cake made with Diet Cream Soda. I wouldn't have even thought about cream soda! Amazing!
  • malbaugh
    Options
    What was the nutrition info on the pineapple angel food cake?
  • jfarmer1118
    Options
    I don't know if I'm just dense, but how do you calculate calories for these?

I made 48 mini cupcakes and I'm not sure how to calculate the calories...

Hey there...just take the total number of servings in the box...multiply by the calories/fat/whatever in each serving and then divide by 48...i like that you're doing it this way...you can have 2 or three mini-cupcakes and feel like your eating more. :)

2773644.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Made white cake with diet sprite and I was pleasantly surprised with how good it tasted, even without frosting :) and my kids liked it (with frosting) so that was a major plus
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    What about coke zero instead of diet coke? Anyone try this?
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    I've tried white cake mix with diet orange soda and diet root beer. If you use soda to make frosting, you get orange creamsicle or root beer float cupcakes.

I don't care for the taste or texture of box mix/soda cakes though. Mine were spongy and chewy and bland. They tasted too chemically for me, too.
  • bsweettt
    Options
    bump
  • BearfromNS
    Options
    These are GREAT ideas . .thanks for sharing!!! I can't wait to try the chocolate / pumpkin cake.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    What about coke zero instead of diet coke? Anyone try this?

I used sprite zero and it worked just fine!
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer diet coke cupcakes (I always do cupcakes for easy portion sizes) to regular ones! They are super moist and sooooo good. I don't top them with anything. I actually think frosting would be overkill on these. My favorite so far is red velvet cake mix and 10 oz of Diet Dr. Pepper. Make sure you actually measure 10 oz. though. 1 and 1/4 cup. YUM!