Long Hair... Don't care

Options
123457»

Replies

• charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Long and thick and blonde I feel more feminine with long flowing hair .... personally I just love my long hair its down to my butt and I would never go short....

I think its just a preference thing.... only you can decide whats best for you...

~Charlie
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Me before with shoulder length hair:

4a257e75-e7a0-4134-a7e8-7a0d369f0d4b_zpsdabd4408.jpg

Me now with pixie cut (super short):

51896525-f224-4db7-8b8f-93cd6dd7a65d_zps354588c2.jpg

I love my short hair!

I do think you look much better in the short hair pic - but is it a fair comparison of just hairstyles? In the "after pic" your skin looks healthier, you are wearing cooler glasses, your outfit looks nicer, and your hair looks freshly washed. In the "before" pic, it just doesn't really look like you were trying very hard!
  • Trishsimon
    Trishsimon Posts: 129
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the more I think about cutting my hair short. I've always kept it long because it hid flab and camel humps and everything else. Thinking since I'm getting lighter, so should this hair. Anyone else went shorter after your weight loss? Were you happy with the change?

When I lost over 2 stone I got my hair cut up into a funky bob and I loved it, I felt great and like a new me.
    I grew it back down a bit so that I could tie it up into a pony tail, looking at your picture I think a good cut would look great on you, get some layers cut in that way you dont have to get it all chopped off and you can still keep length, I never like to see women with really long hair I think a nice style is better, plus how about some highlights nothing crazy like blonde or anything but try mesh you can have a few different colours similar to your own as in caramel brown, chocolate brown so that will add to creating a new look.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    My advice would be,,,,cutting it is a drastic move dont go all in at once shorten it little by little to get used to the change...most people go straight for the chop and tend to regret that decision later...
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I love short hair but am afraid to cut mine. I've been thinking about it though. It will always grow back!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've always kept my hair short because it shapes my fat face. Lately, I've been growing it out and I can't remember the last time it's been this long. It's usually never longer than double-chin length.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    it's funny, everyone told me I should cut my hair now with the weight loss - the thing of it is, I like the long hair - it was never a hiding mechanism or shield, just my preference (and I can do cousin it imitations when I am in the mood) - so even with the new improved me, the hair is staying

but it's really everyone's own preference as you are the one that has to live with it = long or short
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Me before with shoulder length hair:

4a257e75-e7a0-4134-a7e8-7a0d369f0d4b_zpsdabd4408.jpg

Me now with pixie cut (super short):

51896525-f224-4db7-8b8f-93cd6dd7a65d_zps354588c2.jpg

I love my short hair!

I do think you look much better in the short hair pic - but is it a fair comparison of just hairstyles? In the "after pic" your skin looks healthier, you are wearing cooler glasses, your outfit looks nicer, and your hair looks freshly washed. In the "before" pic, it just doesn't really look like you were trying very hard!

I used to keep my hair up 99% of the time because no matter how I styled it, it was a hot frizzy oily disaster by midday, and this is the only picture I had of me with it down before. I agree my makeup was lacking in the first one for sure, but I don't have any after pics with it long when my skin was better.
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I cut all my hair off once I lost about 60lbs, because my face had gotten alot smaller and it was symbolic of me fully shedding my old image and embracing my new one. I loved it!
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me. With my weight loss I have let my hair grow out. I feel sexier and more feminine with it with. Love it :)

As a girl who has had 3,000 different hairstyles ranging from super long to super short and all different colors including hot pink, Long hair (within reason) definitely makes me feel prettier. Start by changing the color or the cut and see how you feel.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    There are so many cute short hair styles. I love my long hair but have totally considered cutting it.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your face shape. Some people look smaller with long hair, some others with short hair.
    I personally do look better with long hair and I'd never cut them short, I've also tried having a fringe but it looked horrible on me.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i will never ever cut my hair again! haha. i cut off 18 inches about nine years ago, big mistake. i think short hair does bring out roundness in a face but long hair looks good either way.....plus its my personal preference, i relate to the gal who said it's sexy and feminine!!! :love:
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    lol... I didn't expect to see so many comments.
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me. With my weight loss I have let my hair grow out. I feel sexier and more feminine with it with. Love it :)

I agree. I've grown my hair out since starting this journey in June 2013. I feel sexy with longer hair. If you do cut it, don't go too short. Take baby steps and see how you and your significant other like it. Congrats on the weight loss!!!