Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I think this was the topic last year or have I got dementia?
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband 16 years... lost my wedding ring three years into our marriage and haven't been gifted a replacement. So, for all pretenses, I appear single and still... no one hits on me either. I don't know what vibe I'm putting out there either. LOL, not that it matters, but an ego boost never hurt anyone!! :wink:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Old thread is old.... but all the time.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I've got social anxiety and have been told I give off "cold prickly" vibes (probably because I find eye contact terrifying). Online, though, apparently I'm fair game even though I clearly state everywhere that I'm married. So I'm chalking it up to a body-language thing. I'm not looking, so it's no biggie that I apparently scare people away :p
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    cad39too wrote: »
    Usually when I think I look a mess is when I get hit on..

Yep

This, is also true, in my case.

I'm starting to think the "messy" look attracts those that are imagining you in their beds... Ugh..
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband 16 years... lost my wedding ring three years into our marriage and haven't been gifted a replacement. So, for all pretenses, I appear single and still... no one hits on me either. I don't know what vibe I'm putting out there either. LOL, not that it matters, but an ego boost never hurt anyone!! :wink:

The only reason I don't hit on you is you live soooo far away.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    Nope, but I've got social anxiety and have been told I give off "cold prickly" vibes (probably because I find eye contact terrifying).
    Same, but I can't even speak to a girl nevermind make eye contact D:

• SunnyRJ
    Options
    I get hit on quite often. Especially more so now that I've lost weight. Even when I'm with my 18 month old little girl AND have a ring on my finger. It only irks me when they come on too aggressively and won't leave me alone.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Never. My current BF only approached me because I was the only girl standing alone at a social event. I get insulted by men far more often.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    cad39too wrote: »
    Usually when I think I look a mess is when I get hit on..

Yep

This, is also true, in my case.

I'm starting to think the "messy" look attracts those that are imagining you in their beds... Ugh..

Interesting observation. Perhaps, you are correct.

• Sinistrous
    Options
    Never. My current BF only approached me because I was the only girl standing alone at a social event. I get insulted by men far more often.

Wow... Why do you let them? :|
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    JackKopCh wrote: »
    justcat206 wrote: »
    Nope, but I've got social anxiety and have been told I give off "cold prickly" vibes (probably because I find eye contact terrifying).
    Same, but I can't even speak to a girl nevermind make eye contact D:

Yup. This. Even with good friends. It's sad *sigh* (thank god for the internet)
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yup. By my little brother's friends (12-13 year olds) to men older than my father... apparently I have a "flirt with/ grab on me" face.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I'm shy. When I hear the insults I just try to shuffle away and not let it get to me. Doesn't work very often.
  • joshua3179
    joshua3179 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    joshua3179 wrote: »
    Never get hit on
    You look like Crowley from Supernatural! Be honest! You're getting hit on at least three times a day! <3
    Lmao can't fool you mfp peeps ehh
  • Sinistrous
    Options

I'm shy. When I hear the insults I just try to shuffle away and not let it get to me. Doesn't work very often.

If they try to insult you, just laugh, and walk off. Don't show your emotions. People will only use them against you.
  • andrew_in_va
    andrew_in_va Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hit on myself
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I get the occasional glance or smile, but rarely get hit on and when it happens I'm usually too drunk to notice or care. I also seem to get more attention when I look disheveled than when clean-shaved and combed.
    indycoltz wrote: »
    I mean is there anything wrong with walking up to someone randomly and saying that you think they're very attractive and then walking away? You're not creepy, and you have just made their day, maybe even their week. What's wrong with that?
    A complete stranger... it would creep me out, even if it was a hot girl (srs)
    salembambi wrote: »
    sometimes yeah...i get stared at a lot more though
    wouldstareat/10
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    The way I feel right now I want to Hit someone! :#
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    joshua3179 wrote: »
    Never get hit on
    You look like Crowley from Supernatural! Be honest! You're getting hit on at least three times a day! <3

have to agree with you there, he does ! :open_mouth: