are looks important to you?

Replies

• littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    For newly entering a relationship yes. But that being said, I personally prefer the girl next store 7/10 or 8/10 type women. If you're a 7-8 overall, witty with a great sense of humor and relatively smart you're in with me! Sorry no 9's or 10's allowed. Those are reserved for one nighters!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Yes. Anyone who says they aren't is lying. But a good personality is just as important and really affects how attracted I am to someone. If you're conventionally attractive but you're also an a**hole, I won't be physically attracted to you.
  • 8lackie
    8lackie Posts: 39 Member
  • 8lackie
    8lackie Posts: 39 Member
    Looks fade, stupid is forever.

I disagree with the idea that we all turn hideous and appearances don't matter after a certain age. Sure, youth fades, but beauty (both inner and outer) doesn't have to. A person's looks develop and change over time. If you live a hard lifestyle, your body breaks down faster and you start to look pretty rough over time. If you feel like crap you probably look like it, too. But I have known quite a few older people who are healthy, vibrant and even attractive. They're the kind of people you see and think, "Dang, I hope I look half as good when I'm that age!" A lot of it is positive attitude and living a healthy lifestyle.
    you're quite right. I was being flip....sort of. We spend a great deal of our lives being older and not younger. Adjusting our eyes to what is attractive is an exercise that takes a bit of patience. I liked 18 yo girls when I was 18. Now that I'm almost 95 I only go out with women over 30.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    The uglier the better. I like a challenge when trying to get an erection.

Oh In that case, you are gonna love your 50s
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Absolutely!

Physical attraction is the the thing that draws me in . . . but it's gonna take more then that to keep me interested and wanting to stick around.

I agree with this.

I think sometimes it is easy to try and convince yourself that someone you like who is just "meh" looks wise is perfect for you, in fact I did this with my ex husband and he did the same with me! We were honestly not each others' physical types. Attraction waned very early on. My current husband and I are ridiculously attracted to each other and if we had been asked prior to meeting to describe our ideal partner, we would have come pretty close to describing each other. I'm not saying that's a MUST in relationships...I'd say it's about #4 or #5 on the list even when just dating someone at first. But it definitely helps!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    The uglier the better. I like a challenge when trying to get an erection.

Oh In that case, you are gonna love your 50s
    Lul.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    I only get turned on by cartoon bunnies.
    :angry:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Yes, but no. There is a lot of physical beauty in the world. You can see societies pretty people daily. Hell, i work on a college campus and there are ALWAY amazingly good looking people around. But when it comes to attraction - what really draws me to someone - it is something more and many times is not based on how they look.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Yep but looks without personality is just as bad as personality without looks.
  • Yes, but no. There is a lot of physical beauty in the world. You can see societies pretty people daily. Hell, i work on a college campus and there are ALWAY amazingly good looking people around. But when it comes to attraction - what really draws me to someone - it is something more and many times is not based on how they look.

I was actually going to say this same thing. As I get older, looks become less important to me. I would rather be with a 6 who will treat me like a queen and be honest, than I would a 10 who is a complete jerk and player.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Of course. I only date the hottest chicks I can find, I don't care how dumb they are.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Looks are important, but can be deceiving
    dFMLd.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Of course. I only date the hottest chicks I can find, I don't care how dumb they are.

1351187412282819_animate.gif
  • dontdreamit
    dontdreamit Posts: 223
    They're not the most important thing but I'd be lying if I I said they didn't play some role. Looks are what initially attracts me to someone, but at the end of the day what's the point of an attractive face if you don't connect with the person? I know so many people who I didn't think were that attractive initially but the more I got to know them, the more beautiful they became and vice versa.
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    yes, looks are important but it stands to be said that it all boils down to chemistry. chemistry, i'd say, is the catchall term for physical and mental/emotional attraction. you can be attracted to person A but not person B and person C could be attracted to person B and not person A. all having to do with chemistry..and what one person finds attractive in another vs. the other. just my $.02.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    yes, looks are important but it stands to be said that it all boils down to chemistry. chemistry, i'd say, is the catchall term for physical and mental/emotional attraction. you can be attracted to person A but not person B and person C could be attracted to person B and not person A. all having to do with chemistry..and what one person finds attractive in another vs. the other. just my $.02.

chicks+love+that+romantic+crap.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Yes, but my attraction to someone can grow if they have an awesome personality.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member

JENNA MARBLES!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :love:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member

Go go Jenna Marbles!!! :)