What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I hit 100 total miles on my stationary bike.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sitting here reading this mfp thread wearing my smaller jeans that I couldn't fit into last month.
    Like a boss.
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Tonight's NSV: Watching my family devour an entire family box of KFC - chicken pieces, those delicious sweet rolls, chicken nuggets, the chips, the sauces.. everything - as well as an entire tub of ice cream each while I sat there drinking my coffee (while they ate ice cream) and eating my turkey breast fillet for dinner despite how badly I wanted to have some of theirs.

I'm proud of myself for that. It isn't easy but I am confident I will have a better weigh in next week because of it. I had started to get slack about my food intake but now I'm back in full swing. I can't let the unhealthy habits of those around me seep into my life.. this journey is about me :)

That takes a lot of willpower. You deserve to be proud of yourself. And being able to own such moments keeps you stronger when the next temptation turns up.
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So my husband enjoys the Mac and cheese from the box, and in my mind it's a sad representation of "real" Mac n cheese, but for some reason when I make it for him (he's a student so I typically have more time than him), I "taste" it and end up eating wayyyyy more than I ever ought to! However, I made it for him today and didn't have a single taste! I think it was fine though, it's hard to mess up boxed macaroni
  • McEneny
    McEneny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a big head. I wear a big hat size. I thought my head was just getting bigger and my hats were getting very tight.

I wore hat for the first time in months (partly due to the really tight hats I owned) and my head has lost weight, a lot. From so tight it left a dark red line on my forehead to fitting a little loose (which it never did, even when i bought the thing 6 years ago, dont ask being a baseball fan has weird psyche issues).

Not just my face is slimmer, but head too!
  • WolverhamptonFitness
    Options
    another belt notch gone ;D
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Tried on a jacket the other day. Had to ask the saleslady for a smaller size… The store didn't carry a smaller size! (Plus size store that I couldn't shop at when I first started because I was too big even for them. Now I can't shop there again, but it's because THEY are too big for me!)
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies yesterday and during the commercials they show before the previews, there were two ads for weight loss programs (can't recall the names). Watching that made me feel really good for some reason. Like the former me would've seen that and thought "Yeah, I really should do something about my weight" before munching on a big tub of popcorn and washing it down with a Xtra Large drink. Now, it's the realization that I HAVE done something.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Does fitting into skinny jeans from two years ago count? :D
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Another I just realized. I used to live on fast food or gas station food or the vending machine at work and I was constantly hitting the ATM for more money. A few weeks ago, I stopped in at a gas station to get a bottle of water and pulling the money out of my pocket, I tried to remember the last time I had spent cash money...really anywhere. I took a $5 bill and wrote that days date on it. That $5 bill is still in my pants pocket today. I just shake my head at the amount of money I've spent at gas stations/restaurants in the past.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Does fitting into skinny jeans from two years ago count? :D

Absolutely!! :)

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Taking in the waists of lots of my clothing! Looking at my pants out of the dryer and going "those look really tiny! I am actually wearing a size 8!"
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Today was deadlift and bench press day for me and after I was done and had moved on to the rest of my Friday routine, a thirty something guy came up to me and said he'd watched me and told me I was really strong. I was the only female in the weight section of the gym this morning and I could actually feel some of the guys watching me. I tried to ignore it and not be too self conscious so it felt good to have someone acknowledge that I'd done a good job. 155 lb DL and 80 lb BP................not too bad for a 64 year old. B)
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I ran 14 miles last night =) 10 min avg pace.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Two of my kids are sick so I was up several times during the night and am working from home today with them and have a ton of work to do. Even though I did not get my workout in this morning because I was too tired, I have stuck faithfully to my calorie limit and have not been snacking. In the past I would have eaten everything in sight because I was tired, stressed and DESERVED it. Now I know that I deserve to be healthy and stuffing my face isn't going to help anything!
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was able to buy a size 10 coat today and button it over a thick sweater :)
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    After a year, my wedding rings are fitting again!
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I ran for 20 min straight!! And wore jeans that I haven't worn in at least a year.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    Didn't give into the ice cream craving which would have put me significantly over my calories. In the past I would have convinced myself that I have done well all week and deserve a treat. Today, I considered the baby shower and game night full of pizza and beer tomorrow and decided it was better to save the calories.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I realized, in seeing this post again, that I no longer assess NSVs that relate to triumphs over food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!