What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Was squatting 146.5 at the gym the other day. After my set, this jacked dude gives me an impressed look and a fist bump.

Good feels.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I slept for 6 hours last night for the first time in years.
  • swansong1001
    swansong1001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I went to a restaurant yesterday that we hadn't been to for a couple of months. The last time we went my stomach was squished against the booth table. Very uncomfortable! This time I didn't even notice that I fit just fine at the table until we were halfway finished with our meal!!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Went cloths shopping yesterday. I'm a proper size 16 now. Snuggly fitting into 14s!
    Considering I began at 22 this is very happy-making!
  • JennyC123
    JennyC123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The last two weeks, my weight has only gone down about half a pound and I'm feeling really discouraged. My sister was uploading a ton of family photos from around six months ago to Facebook and scrolling through I found an extremely unflattering photo of me. I was bloated, shiny and sad. I showed the picture to my husband and asked him what he thought. He looked shocked and said to me "You know, you don't look like that anymore, right? You've been working so hard and that's not you". It was nice to hear the encouragement from him but that picture was all I needed to reset my focus.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    JennyC123 wrote: »
    The last two weeks, my weight has only gone down about half a pound and I'm feeling really discouraged. My sister was uploading a ton of family photos from around six months ago to Facebook and scrolling through I found an extremely unflattering photo of me. I was bloated, shiny and sad. I showed the picture to my husband and asked him what he thought. He looked shocked and said to me "You know, you don't look like that anymore, right? You've been working so hard and that's not you". It was nice to hear the encouragement from him but that picture was all I needed to reset my focus.

Encouragement from SO ~ Priceless!
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    some of my clothes are starting to fit better since I started.
  • acs3041
    acs3041 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Two big NSV! I went shopping yesterday and have officially dropped a dress size. Today I had my first consult with a personal trainer and held a plank for 90 seconds. No way I could have done that 6 weeks ago!
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I got up this morning and it was raining... none of my old jeans fit (too big!) so I decided to dig out an old pair of Ann Taylor Modern Fit Curvy jeans from my elimination diet diets (size 8) on the off chance they weren't too snug and I could get away with that and a big sweater.

They. Totally. Fit. 100%.

I know it's like a "vanity 8" but STILL.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Started a new job. Going through paperwork etc with HR. She's using the projector screen to display all the stuff she needs for me to confirm it's right' it's easier than hovering over her shoulder.

Her: "Holy *kitten*!"
    Me: (thinking something is horribly wrong) "What?"
    She points to the image on the screen. "That's not you!"
    It's my driver's license from six years ago, when I was 230lbs. I'm 175lbs now.
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Started a new job. Going through paperwork etc with HR. She's using the projector screen to display all the stuff she needs for me to confirm it's right' it's easier than hovering over her shoulder.

Her: "Holy *kitten*!"
    Me: (thinking something is horribly wrong) "What?"
    She points to the image on the screen. "That's not you!"
    It's my driver's license from six years ago, when I was 230lbs. I'm 175lbs now.

That is so great! I just noticed the other day that I am now 9 lbs under my driver's license. NSV for me, but 55 lbs, that is GREAT!
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just turned over the calendar page for June. This is a family calendar where every year you have to provide a photo. The one of me and my hubby is from January (just before we started this). Damn!! We both look so much better now - wish we could change the photo!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My mom telling me (in good humor) that she's jealous of my legs!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bought this dress 10 years ago (without trying it on) and it didn't fit. Was too small! I loved the cute print and even though I clean my closet out every year and donate to the Red Cross I always kept this dress. And guess what? Now it fits - and it's almost too big!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    0rpgam62np3b.jpg
    Bought this dress 10 years ago (without trying it on) and it didn't fit. Was too small! I loved the cute print and even though I clean my closet out every year and donate to the Red Cross I always kept this dress. And guess what? Now it fits - and it's almost too big!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Can't keep my skirt up today! Gonna have to pin it tighter at the waist. Heading to the donate box tonight!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of NSVs to share.
    1. Been logging sincerely since last one month. Even on the days I overeat. And I am honest too. I don't try to adjust entries to my calorie budget like I used to , earlier.
    2. I have been strength training since last month and was bummed to see the scale go up by few pounds instead of down. I was wondering what I was doing wrong until I took measurements. Guess what I am down by 1 in around my waist and hips. And 1/2 an in around my arms!! Yay!
    3. I have had knee pain since I was 24 y/o. Which prevented me from doing squats and lunges etc. Since last month I was doing non impact body weight exercises for lower body and I felt my legs getting stronger so other day I tried squats and lunges, with holding railing for support, and I could do it! With proper form and no pain!!! Wow! I was so excited I probably overdid it :blush:
    4.I no longer worry about the number on the scale.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ran my 1st 5k and didn't even know it until I looked at the app.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    carbons2k wrote: »
    ran my 1st 5k and didn't even know it until I looked at the app.

Yea!
  • aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Went to a newbie running club night yesterday and ran 4 miles with the group. I was super nervous about doing it, but it tuned out to be great fun and a good workout!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!