What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am not obese. I am overweight! First time in over 20 years!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first week.
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    last night I was at the gym and did my bench work. These 2 guys were waiting for the bench. Told me to leave the weights. First kid went ahead and he COULDN'T LIFT WHAT I WAS BENCHING!! Neither could his friend. They had to put the plates BACK! Husband noticed - he's the one that told me. So yay!!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    I am not obese. I am overweight! First time in over 20 years!

That is such a good feeling. Well done!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It was nice and cool this morning for my walk. For most of the summer I walked on average 6 to 6.5 miles. I upped it to 7 miles each morning a month ago. This morning I did 8 miles at an average pace of 3.63 mph. My short legs are sore but I am feeling awesome.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,266 Member
    Options
    last night I was at the gym and did my bench work. These 2 guys were waiting for the bench. Told me to leave the weights. First kid went ahead and he COULDN'T LIFT WHAT I WAS BENCHING!! Neither could his friend. They had to put the plates BACK! Husband noticed - he's the one that told me. So yay!!

That. Is. Awesome. Puts a whole different spin on "feeling the burn" - I'll bet those guys felt a bit of burn about your workout - ha!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    today when I ordered my kabab and bread, I instructed them to make it with no sauce so I could cut calories and add my tzatziki to it when I got home instead! And it was even more delish!!! =D
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    lseed87 wrote: »
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Weighted dips. +135lb x4! PR! @173 BW

Superman

Thx! @lseed87
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I was cleaning out drawers today, getting ready for winter and got rid of all the pants/shorts that were too big. Including a pair of corduroy jeans I had been waiting a couple of years to wear! Now I have one pair of jeans, 1 pair of shorts and 1 pair of leggings left. Shopping time!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Squat 1 rep max test. Managed to get 195 for 1 rep. Woot.

One day soon, 1.5 x bodyweight. Right now, that'd be about 210, so hoping in 2016 to reach whatever it ends up being as I hope to drop some lbs still after vacation.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    In a way I completed C25K today! Well I had downloaded the app in March but didn't go through the program. I have been back to exercising since july with lots of hills and some running but nothing structured; just lots of hills because that's how my city is. I thought I'd use the app again to see where I stand and after some hesitation I went to week 8 day 3 of C25K... I was elated when I heard 'one minute remaining'! and then "begin your cooldown" :smiley: Pretty neat NSV (well for me)
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @pearso21123 I love how your NSV from a couple of days got totally transformed into a teachable moment for your kids! Now THIS is the NSV!

@RebeccaChemmy ,well that's DEFINITELY Non-Scale Victory :smiley:
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Received my free 50th parkrun shirt in the mail. Will be wearing it with pride tomorrow for my weekly 5km run :smile:
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Also received second place medal for most parkrun points (female) for my local parkrun this year.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Squatted over my bodyweight, oh yeah!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity I tried on my wedding dress today....it fit. In fact it was more comfortable being a little loose than the day I wore it. I am so grateful that I can come on here and put it out into the universe. I have tears of joy and satisfaction rolling down my cheeks.
  • jeremynotsofat
    jeremynotsofat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I mail ordered 2 nice shirts a few weeks ago. I debated between 2X and XL and ended up with the smaller size. Super bummed when they were too tight. Today I'm wearing one, comfortably. I don't take measurements and my weight hasn't dropped much but I'm definitely trimmer.
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

That. Is. Awesome. Puts a whole different spin on "feeling the burn" - I'll bet those guys felt a bit of burn about your workout - ha!

It sure did! Thanks! :smile:
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    non scale victory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!