What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    1) Asked my husband if he wanted to accompany me on my cycle ride today - he declined on the grounds that I am fitter than he is and he didn't want to hold me back. I even offered to do a shorter, flat ride so he could keep up but he still said no. I wasn't disappointed TBH, and I was really flattered that he's acknowledged my efforts by stating that I am fitter than he is (to put this into context, he NEVER mentions my weight, EVER). We've been together 29 years and he's always been the one who's stronger, faster and has more endurance.

2) Really, really windy today (22mph+ speeds). I stepped outside to get my bike out of the garage, almost got swept off my feet by a gust of wind so went back indoors thinking to abandon my cycle run. My husband <3 grinned at me (in a good way) and said that I wouldn't be going out then . . . so, to prove him wrong I went straight back out and rode off into the distance (albeit much slower than usual as straight into a head wind).

Not sure if that was a good decision or a bad decision as it was pretty unpleasant - the wind was cold and blustery and really bullied me. Nearly came off a few times, such was the strength of it but I still completed ten miles by the time I got home. They were the hardest ten miles I've ever done on my bike. BUT I did them :)
    lol, @madwife I have these husband reverse/motivation issues too. Very funny that it happens to someone else. Good for you!!!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    I did jumping jacks last night without either knee or ankle being wonky or the girls trying to detach and bonk me in the face.

OMG. love this. :)
    I will do jumping jacks today. 10. Maybe. :)
  • yobeme
    yobeme Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    1 year streak today :)

Fantastic commitment!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

the distance itself wasn't that big a deal, but it was horrible snow. idek if normal snow is like this, because mostly it just rains on us. but it was dry enough to make that squidge noise, yet instantly skiddy as soon as it packed itself down underfoot. so i'm counting it as a victory because it was really unstable ground the whole way and i was just wearing my regular hiker/runners.

Buy yourself some yaktracks or other type of grippers for your shoes (my letter carrier wears yaktracks and I figure she's probably an expert on the subject). I have an older pair of hikers and I just leave them on all winter. That way I can confidently stride out when I'm walking the dog after a thaw and freeze. There's nothing worse than walking on ice and worrying that you're going land on your *kitten*!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!