Your Greatest Accomplishment

Options

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty offended by the people who don't think that having children is an accomplishment. I'm 26, I got my degree, moved across the world, got married, got financially secure, got pregnant, gave birth, and my daughter's ashes sit on a shelf in my living room. You can be damned sure that she is my greatest accomplishment, and I would do anything, anything for the privilege of raising her and telling her that every single day.

My next greatest accomplishment will be losing this extra weight, and the next one after that will be having healthy, living children. And I just realised I don't even care if that's good enough for people! So I'm not offended any more :)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Guess my job would be one
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Becoming a U.S. Marine
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • lavidaloca713
    lavidaloca713 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Graduation!!!
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Look my parents were not involved in my upbringing and look at how I turned out! If I can do it anybody can!

I'm not so sure this example supports your argument. At least not with this crowd, Norm! :laugh:
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Retiring from the Army almost 4 years ago and on Saturday watching my oldest son graduate from college.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have been sober in AA since Februaty 24, 1984.

As the daughter of an alcoholic father and seeing the struggles he went through I applaud you for your brave recovery :flowerforyou:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am 37.

It sounds incredibly stupid...but my greatest accomplishment is overcoming my extreme anxiety/phobia about dentists when I was 24.

I am also proud of getting myself debt-free and staying there for years, remaining childfree (a permanent lifestyle decision I made for myself), and obtaining a bachelor's degree.

My weight loss of over 120 lb does not even register to be honest. I am 20 times more proud of the other things above.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Look my parents were not involved in my upbringing and look at how I turned out! If I can do it anybody can!

I'm not so sure this example supports your argument. At least not with this crowd, Norm! :laugh:

No hating!
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Having my little boy, or doing a skydive
  • NormInv
    Options
    remaining childfree (a permanent lifestyle decision I made for myself),

Based on present company, you got done achieve nothing kiddo
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Retiring from the Army almost 4 years ago and on Saturday watching my oldest son graduate from college.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    My greatest accomplishment, without question... I have raised a good man.
  • Cali_Chica
    Options
    Divorcing Norminv and raising our child alone :tongue:
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Getting my bachelor's and finding a wonderful job within 1 month of commencement. In today's economy, I feel like that's a big one. For me at least.
  • NormInv
    Options

:embarassed:
  • Cali_Chica
    Options

:embarassed:

Haha just stirring the pot, Norm. You know I love ya!:smooched:
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    I'll be 25 in a few weeks. No babies yet so my greatest accomplishment is probably getting my bachelor's degree and applying for my master's.

Hope there's more to come!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 28. My biggest accomplishment so far is raising two 5 year old twin boys who suffer from Cystic Fibrosis, alone....while working full-time and also going to University for my BA in business.
  • Diesel_Girl
    Diesel_Girl Posts: 39
    Options
    Solo move across the country at 18 years old when my mom passed away.
    Age 22, lost 50 pounds (found it years later!)
    Age 25, completed Diesel school at the top of my class.
    Age 29, left an abusive relationship (not sure now why it was so hard at the time, but it felt like the hardest thing I ever had to do)
    Age 30, finally ditched living with roommates/boyfriends and got my own place (financial independence rocks!)
    yesterday, I caught a fish .
    I consider all of my accomplishments to be pretty darn amazing, even the little ones.