Your Greatest Accomplishment

Options

Replies

• mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I've had enough, I'm leaving. It's so sad that what was meant to be a positive and uplifting thread has been turned into just another circus thread by a small handful of people. I sure hope this doesn't put OP off from posting more such positive threads.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this thread would give me some inspiration to fill out this school application that has been sitting on my desk for a month. It didn't. :ohwell:

haha can never expect any thread on this website to stay positive... ever, unless it's got tons of hormones in it.
    FIFY :flowerforyou:
    :Insert RDJ lip bite gif:
    OH LOOK! You found inspiration lol.
    Now go on and fill that application, dahlin <3 You know you want to!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Love you girl. <3
    ....just found the LB gif.

This girl is going to NP school.
    /thread.
    OH MY GOSH!!! Yayyy!! -snugs- Very good choice!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this thread would give me some inspiration to fill out this school application that has been sitting on my desk for a month. It didn't. :ohwell:

Fill it out, if for no other reason than the fear of becoming a loser nothing. Wouldn't have see any examples of that in this thread.

so what makes someone a loser?besides actually losing a game , losing weight or losing something?? hmmmmm
    "She was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead.."
    -sings along to music-

decent song is decent
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Fill it out, if for no other reason than the fear of becoming a loser nothing. Wouldn't have see any examples of that in this thread.

so what makes someone a loser?besides actually losing a game , losing weight or losing something?? hmmmmm
    "She was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead.."
    -sings along to music-

I'm a loser, baby. So why don't you kill me?
  • Sinisterly
    Options

-sings along to music-

decent song is decent
    Whaaaat? I love that song haha :drinker:
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    By whom? You? Because I didn't say who I was talking about, did it?

Regardless of the individual in subject, you have no real knowledge of their status in the real world; hence the "uninformed" brand. You have no clue whether they are "loser nothings" or not. Making that judgment with no real information is where the "ignorant" brand comes from.

:yawn:

Somebody wake Nuetellabra from his enchanted sleep. He was more entertaining than this cat.

Yup... resorting to insults typically shows one has no REAL argument and is a basic admission of defeat/failure. But ok, stoop to insults, makes you definitely look less ignorant. :-) Emotional behavior is no substitute for rational arguments.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

-sings along to music-

I'm a loser, baby. So why don't you kill me?
    ....squeeze me? What dd I say to you?
    Wait, who are you? O.o
    Dafk just happened lolololll

136683287081.gif

Mmmkayyy...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I've had enough, I'm leaving. It's so sad that what was meant to be a positive and uplifting thread has been turned into just another circus thread by a small handful of people. I sure hope this doesn't put OP off from posting more such positive threads.

Yep
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Being married happily for 28 years !

Raised two stepsons preteen - age 18. And they still like me. Lol

Once was hired for a position with only 12 openings. 250 applicants.
    I was the only person hired without a college degree or knowing a foreign language.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    ......making it to 44 years old.....which I have reached as of today!!!!.....I woke up alive this morning after a fun night......:wink:

so it's all good so far!!
    Ohhhh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

thank you ever so much....:)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    By whom? You? Because I didn't say who I was talking about, did it?

Regardless of the individual in subject, you have no real knowledge of their status in the real world; hence the "uninformed" brand. You have no clue whether they are "loser nothings" or not. Making that judgment with no real information is where the "ignorant" brand comes from.

:yawn:

Somebody wake Nuetellabra from his enchanted sleep. He was more entertaining than this cat.

Yup... resorting to insults typically shows one has no REAL argument and is a basic admission of defeat/failure. But ok, stoop to insults, makes you definitely look less ignorant.

I think it's obvious that mocking recovering alcoholics and dismissing other people's achievements (even if I don't personally agree with them) is so morally repugnant and reprehensible, that I see no point in wasting my time engaging in, what hopefully is an obvious troll. Otherwise, my whatever your higher power be, have mercy on your soul.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Oh, forgot. I am 55.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I smacked up a French mime.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what other people consider an accomplishment. You also don't know anything about them, either. Please get over yourself. This is to the thread disruptors. I never even posted in the thread because of the derailment.
  • bcoop911
    Options
    I think it's obvious that mocking recovering alcoholics and dismissing other people's achievements (even if I don't personally agree with them) is so morally repugnant and reprehensible, that I see no point in wasting my time engaging in, what hopefully is an obvious troll. Otherwise, my whatever your higher power be, have mercy on your soul.

For the record, I never mocked anyone... but your point is made. I never defended the guy, I was just saying it is hypocritical and ignorant to go the route of resorting to insults as opposed to rendering a logical argument.
  • bcoop911
    Options
    I smacked up a French mime.

lol
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

For the record, I never mocked anyone... but your point is made. I never defended the guy, I was just saying it is hypocritical and ignorant to go the route of resorting to insults as opposed to rendering a logical argument.

MFP is very lucky that you have the time and energy to around point out the hypocrisy and ignorance. It is a full time job.
  • NightLightRaine01
    NightLightRaine01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Losing 585 Lbs in 10 years
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Losing 100 pounds, finding a job that's almost my absolute dream job, facing my fears and going back to school for my absolute dream job; and I'm 30 - so I've done all this in last 7 years, with my first year of school down.
  • bcoop911
    Options
    MFP is very lucky that you have the time and energy to around point out the hypocrisy and ignorance. It is a full time job.

I do what I can :-)... Thanks for your support.