Your Greatest Accomplishment

Options

Replies

• Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How are kids an accomplishment? How is procreation an accomplishment? You will say, well my kids are so good and pious and smart and great.....but every parent thinks that about their kid.

lol... is it sad that I thought the same thing?

I'm with you guys. I don't understand how children are an accomplishment.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. My kids are pretty awesome... and that I let all the idiots who have come into and out of my life live to tell about it.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Becoming sober and turning my life around.

I'm so proud of you!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Becoming sober and turning my life around.

Hellz yeah! :smile:
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 20 tomorrow so I like to think I still have time. For now it would probably be doing a solo move across the country, away from all my family and such.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    How are kids an accomplishment? How is procreation an accomplishment? You will say, well my kids are so good and pious and smart and great.....but every parent thinks that about their kid.

I feel bad for you. Not being able to understand how raising kids, that turn out alright isn't an accomplishment.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

While it is true that anyone can get pregnant and produce offspring it certainly feels like an accomplishment when you look at your grown children and think hey - neither of them have been in trouble, both have turned into nice, well adjusted people who are successful, happy and most importantly, other people seem to like them too. I feel justifiably proud of mine and the roles both my husband and I played in their upbringing. Sex is easy, babies are easy, youngsters and teens require a bit more effort and thought - it's easy to get it soooo wrong!
  • brianfmatthews
    brianfmatthews Posts: 22 Member
    Options

They do not mean just having kids, they mean raising them to be successful, being a good parent, etc. If you have kids, you get it, and if you do not, think about all your parents did for you, every little thing that helped you in some way.
  • embrace_the_dark_side
    Options
    Srs post:

- Making sure my parents' retirement is secure by paying off their mortgage and setting up a fund for their financial needs that will last them until they're 100
    - Transforming how some of the world's largest companies plan and execute their strategies
    - Going from 25% bf to ~12%
    - Graduating top 5% of my classes in college and high school
    - Having visited 5 continents
    - Having lived on 3 continents
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Kids growth and adjustment is a bigger variable of school and their environment outside of the home.

I think people just have no ambition and just settle for something small.
  • Blueeyedgirl4
    Blueeyedgirl4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    42 and definitely my kids. Raising kids is the biggest responsibility ever in my opinion and so I definitely consider it an accomplishment.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Overcoming asthma with running. No inhaler needed.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    26 in exactly 16 days

and my biggest accomplishment is not shooting myself yet
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    26 in exactly 16 days

As far as I know there is no 26 club.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Kids growth and adjustment is a bigger variable of school and their environment outside of the home.

I think people just have no ambition and just settle for something small.

I seriously hope you never have children.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    26 in exactly 16 days

lol... yet
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    greatest fitness accomplishment: walking 26.2 miles in one day to raise money for cancer patients and research. it took 10.5 hours. it may not seem like a big deal to some, but it was a big deal to me. plus it was a very emotional experience too.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    26 in exactly 16 days

As far as I know there is no 26 club.

youd think id find that funny but i dont
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

I wish my "father" would try to say I'm his greatest accomplishment.. I only wish he'd try to say that.
    Where was he when my brother needed his appendix out...