Your Greatest Accomplishment

Options

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I love how OP wanted stories to "make her smile," with a happy undertone and to make a feel good post. But the nature of the people on this site and in this thread still manage to turn it negative. Regardless of which you agree with (children or no children for example), it makes me laugh how naturally negative people are.

I love how you point this out, but then you were one of the first people to bring such negativity by critiquing other's greatest accomplishments. Gotta love irony.

1) I never said I didn't fall in to this category; so right, "irony"
    2) I never was negative, I just simply stated I agreed with someone else's comment
    3) You are just mad because you fit solidly into the category of people I was talking about
    4) Have a nice day

My 2nd greatest accomplishment was I didn't turn out like this guy, or Norm.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    being myself.

true story.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    My greatest accomplishment is that I am still alive. It really is amazing to me that I am still alive, but I am glad I am. :smile:

:flowerforyou:
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My 2nd greatest accomplishment was I didn't turn out like this guy, or Norm.

Another butt hurt one... get over yourself :-)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    .-.

I no longer like this thread.

-exits-
  • NormInv
    Options
    200.gif
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Can we please just stick to what this thread was actually meant to be about. OP wanted to know what our greatest accomplishments are. That's what we should be posting here, not getting at each other's virtual throats. As a certain controversial, and just maybe wise man said many many years ago, "can't we all just get along"?
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty offended by the people who don't think that having children is an accomplishment. I'm 26, I got my degree, moved across the world, got married, got financially secure, got pregnant, gave birth, and my daughter's ashes sit on a shelf in my living room. You can be damned sure that she is my greatest accomplishment, and I would do anything, anything for the privilege of raising her and telling her that every single day.

My next greatest accomplishment will be losing this extra weight, and the next one after that will be having healthy, living children. And I just realised I don't even care if that's good enough for people! So I'm not offended any more :)
  • LunaZuriel
    LunaZuriel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Finishing senior year of high school in under six months.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I love how OP wanted stories to "make her smile," with a happy undertone and to make a feel good post. But the nature of the people on this site and in this thread still manage to turn it negative. Regardless of which you agree with (children or no children for example), it makes me laugh how naturally negative people are.
    It's the internet... It happens. Although it does suck when people you try to be friends with end up being jerks.

Anyway...thank y'all for respinding. When I have more time this afternoon I'll post mine. :)
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not letting annoying people annoy me.
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was going to say my 5 kids were my greatest accomplishment, but after this thread I'm going to say my greatest accomplishment was learning how to use the ignore feature.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Look my parents were not involved in my upbringing and look at how I turned out! If I can do it anybody can!
  • 2dare2dream
    2dare2dream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    At 49, I have to be honest and say my greatest accomplishment are definately my 5 children aged 7-30. They may not be mine biologically but i have raised them since toddlers, im proud to call myself their "mom" and the fact they were/are long term fosterkids just meant they grew in my heart instead of my belly xx:bigsmile:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Look my parents were not involved in my upbringing and look at how I turned out! If I can do it anybody can!

Not worth the strike.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    At 49, I have to be honest and say my greatest accomplishment are definately my 5 children aged 7-30. They may not be mine biologically but i have raised them since toddlers, im proud to call myself their "mom" and the fact they were/are long term fosterkids just meant they grew in my heart instead of my belly xx:bigsmile:
    Aww, that's sweet! :flowerforyou:
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options

Pretty sure you're proving the point that parental involvement makes a huge difference. Just think... Had you had decent parental guidance, maybe you wouldn't have turned out to be a giant *kitten*. :flowerforyou:
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Overcoming asthma with running. No inhaler needed.

Wow, this actually is an accomplishment. How did you do that??