Options
    .-.

I no longer like this thread.

-exits-
    Lol. Take me with you??
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    For me, there's a few.

Most recently would be becoming a Spartan, though I had a stroke and the Drs didn't think I'd live through that. I was entirely paralyzed, they said I'd never walk again.

Also, having the strength to leave an unhappy marriage, though I was a stay at home mom. I was able to buy my own home just 10 months after moving out of his house.

Also, kids. They're pretty awesome.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I'm 32. Can't really say I have one. So I'm guessing it's still to come. And I'm not being negative, just to clarify. I've had a few accomplishments in my life but I feel there are still bigger accomplishments waiting in the future. That for me is a positive outlook on life.

I like this. I'm 23...I think that my greatest accomplishment so far has been becoming a RN right after my 21st birthday. I want more than that for myself though. I'm thinking about going back to school. Meh...we'll see. :)
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    well i can think of a few things that were hard, so for that reason think of them as accomplishments:

got clean and sober at age 26 - running 23 years clean as of today
    got a master's
    quit smoking at 30
    have two kids - the accomplishment is the work and commitment involved in getting them to make the right decisions and have values
    got through a divorce age 42 and basically improved my life instead of becoming bitter lonely depressed and pitiful

the stuff that's easy isn't an accomplishment it's the crap that life throws at you and how you respond that shows who you are
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Becoming sober and turning my life around.

You sure? You often seem drunk on here

Oh look, somebody's greatest achivement is acting like an *kitten* on the internet. Nobody has EVER done that before.

ETA: My greatest achivement is learning what is actually funny.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking.....

...helped lead to my profile pic :smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm,,,

Losing135 lbs in 16 months. Started in Sept, 2007..and met goal weight in Jan 2009. And kept it off since...even through a 2nd pregnancy. I was actually told I was the healthiest pregnant woman some had ever seen. All boobs n belly...lol!!

Left my toxic marriage while 6 months pregnant with my 2nd son. Hard times...but we're doing well! :)

And..being a mommy is a beautiful thing. I love it so much!! I have two boys. They are 4 and 7...and we're healthy and happy. Peachy keen, jelly bean!! :)
  • PaulVLJ
    PaulVLJ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can I ask if you have children? Those that do have children will understand why they are their greatest accomplishment and those that don't won't understand. My son without a doubt is my greatest accomplishment. Every day I watch with amazement as he gets closer to being a good man.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Besides my awesome kids....... 26.2 Accomplished last weekend!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Look my parents were not involved in my upbringing and look at how I turned out! If I can do it anybody can!

Pretty sure you're proving the point that parental involvement makes a huge difference. Just think... Had you had decent parental guidance, maybe you wouldn't have turned out to be a giant *kitten*. :flowerforyou:

Hey now, no name calling!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    This thread quickly became a grumpsville magnet wet blanket.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and my greatest accomplishment is losing 130 lbs. It not only transformed me physically, but I become the best version of myself emotionally as well!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Kids growth and adjustment is a bigger variable of school and their environment outside of the home.

I think people just have no ambition and just settle for something small.

I agree completely. Take yourself, for instance - your greatest accomplishments seem to be bashing people on the internet (that drunk crack was pretty slimy). So congratulations to you, sir, for your small accomplishments. Keep aiming low, because that's the only target you can ever hit.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    1392654705670.gif
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Kids growth and adjustment is a bigger variable of school and their environment outside of the home.

I agree completely. Take yourself, for instance - your greatest accomplishments seem to be bashing people on the internet (that drunk crack was pretty slimy). So congratulations to you, sir, for your small accomplishments. Keep aiming low, because that's the only target you can ever hit.

Not taking a side here, but your assumption of ones accomplishments base solely on them being abrasive in an INTERNET thread, where people are notoriously fake, seems INCREDIBLY ignorant. Just saying... You don't know anything real about ANYONE in here and are speaking purely based on the uninformed assumptions you have developed from a few comments in an internet forum... ALSO, even him being making comments about an idea doesn't make him as big of an A-hole as those (you included) going to personal insults. Just because you disagree doesn't mean one should go to personal insults... shows weakness and lack of maturity.

And I know I am going to get the personal attacks now as well... that is in your character, clearly (judging from the internet forum haha, I can do it too!) :-P
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Wooooo so fun in here...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Not taking a side here, but your assumption of ones accomplishments base solely on them being abrasive in an INTERNET thread, where people are notoriously fake, seems INCREDIBLY ignorant. Just saying... You don't know anything real about ANYONE in here and are speaking purely based on the uninformed assumptions you have developed from a few comments in an internet forum... ALSO, even him being making comments about an idea doesn't make him as big of an A-hole as those (you included) going to personal insults. Just because you disagree doesn't mean one should go to personal insults... shows weakness and lack of maturity.

And I know I am going to get the personal attacks now as well... that is in your character, clearly (judging from the internet forum haha, I can do it too!) :-P

But it's cool to mock someone who is proud of being sober - that is a totally defensible thing to do, and highly mature as well.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    But it's cool to mock someone who is proud of being sober - that is a totally defensible thing to do, and highly mature as well.

I never justified anything he said... I was just saying hypocrisy does not look good on anyone...
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I don't care if this is just the Internet, but for goodness sake will you guys just stop this nonsense! I don't know what you all think you're accomplishing with this behaviour.