Your Greatest Accomplishment

Options

Replies

• fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    ......making it to 44 years old.....which I have reached as of today!!!!.....I woke up alive this morning after a fun night......:wink:

so it's all good so far!!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    26 in exactly 16 days

and my biggest accomplishment is not shooting myself yet

As far as I know there is no 26 club.

youd think id find that funny but i dont

Come on sweetheart, a gorgeous girl like you saying this dont make no sense!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Srs post:

- Making sure my parents' retirement is secure by paying off their mortgage and setting up a fund for their financial needs that will last them until they're 100
    - Transforming how some of the world's largest companies plan and execute their strategies
    - Going from 25% bf to ~12%
    - Graduating top 5% of my classes in college and high school
    - Having visited 5 continents
    - Having lived on 3 continents
    Mirin'

I'll do a serious post too, I'm 28 btw:
    - completed a doctorate at 26
    - speak five languages (three fully fluent, two partially fluent) (and one dead language)
    - went from 105 kgs to 70 when I was 15-16
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A medal from a European Championship. I'm 21. Actually, everything I've done so far. I'm awesome and I do awesome things daily.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    ......making it to 44 years old.....which I have reached as of today!!!!.....I woke up alive this morning after a fun night......:wink:

so it's all good so far!!
    Ohhhh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Another serious post...

Escaping abusive ex 15 years ago, and solo-parenting a bi-cultural son who did not lose connection to his American Indian culture/heritage, who does not resent me for his dad's actions, and is now reconnected with some of his extended AI family.

26 years alcohol and drug free.

PhD at age 40.

40 pounds and 48 total inches lost on my way to age 50 in 11 days.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Kids growth and adjustment is a bigger variable of school and their environment outside of the home.

I think people just have no ambition and just settle for something small.

While school and outside environment will help shape a child's future, their homelife/parents/family have a far greater impact than everything else in their lives. Just ask a child that has to live in foster care.

IF you believe that raising, loving, and providing for a child is "small", your life is not very rich.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    How can someone possibly disagree with someone else's claimed greatest accomplishment. How do you know what else they've done?

My greatest accomplishment is this post.
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My greatest accomplishment is that I am still alive. It really is amazing to me that I am still alive, but I am glad I am. :smile:
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I love how OP wanted stories to "make her smile," with a happy undertone and to make a feel good post. But the nature of the people on this site and in this thread still manage to turn it negative. Regardless of which you agree with (children or no children for example), it makes me laugh how naturally negative people are.
  • NormInv
    Options
    I love how OP wanted stories to "make her smile," with a happy undertone and to make a feel good post. But the nature of the people on this site and in this thread still manage to turn it negative. Regardless of which you agree with (children or no children for example), it makes me laugh how naturally negative people are.

Did you check the site URL broseph?
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Kind of like when you said raising children isn't an accomplishment?
  • NormInv
    Options

why so bitter bro? smoke a joint and chillax
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Mine is that I'm not a complete ****
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I love how you point this out, but then you were one of the first people to bring such negativity by critiquing other's greatest accomplishments. Gotta love irony.
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm 32. Can't really say I have one. So I'm guessing it's still to come. And I'm not being negative, just to clarify. I've had a few accomplishments in my life but I feel there are still bigger accomplishments waiting in the future. That for me is a positive outlook on life.
  • bcoop911
    Options

point proven :-)... people have their own opinions.... *kitten* condemn/be a prick to them for those opinions solely based on opposing POV. And Mr. word twister, I suggested HAVING (procreation) kids wasn't an accomplishment, never said RAISING kids RIGHT wasn't an accomplishment. Don't be a **** head...
  • NormInv
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • NormInv
    Options
    200.gif
  • bcoop911
    Options

I love how you point this out, but then you were one of the first people to bring such negativity by critiquing other's greatest accomplishments. Gotta love irony.

1) I never said I didn't fall in to this category; so right, "irony"
    2) I never was negative, I just simply stated I agreed with someone else's comment
    3) You are just mad because you fit solidly into the category of people I was talking about
    4) Have a nice day