Your Greatest Accomplishment

Options
Crimson_Fire
Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
...just looking for some stories to make me smile.

What do you consider your greatest accomplishment so far in your life? And how old are you?

Replies

• Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 38. I once helped a kangaroo give birth.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter. With a kangaroo
  • levs08
    levs08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My greatest accomplishment thus far has been completing my BS degree while working full time as a single mom in a new state where I know no one.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    34. My girls by far. Distant second is my degree
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    47 tomorrow. My biggest accomplishment is my 17 year old son by far!!! Others include: beating cancer, earning two masters degrees, after 22 years divorced a man that was not good for me or my son, then losing a LARGE amount of weight and Lord willing, keeping it OFFFFF!!!!
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 22. Maybe not the greatest accomplishment in my life, but the hardest one was deciding I deserved to be happy and removing my abusive ex from my life completely.

Actual greatest? Probably anything academic that I've done, but I don't count that because it took minimal effort.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    47 tomorrow. My biggest accomplishment is my 17 year old son by far!!! Others include: beating cancer, earning two masters degrees, after 22 years divorced a man that was not good for me or my son, then losing a LARGE amount of weight and Lord willing, keeping it OFFFFF!!!!
    Happy early birthday!:smile:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Happy early birthday!:smile:

Thank you!!! :drinker:
  • dontdreamit
    dontdreamit Posts: 223
    Options
    Well, I'm only 20 so hopefully I'll have some better ones down the line but deciding to go into recovery for an eating disorder and seek help for other mental health issues was by far the hardest thing I've had to do. Not quite recovered yet, but getting there :)

Other than that, I'm still pretty stoked I actually got accepted into Uni and I feel pretty damn accomplished every time I get more than 90% on an assessment piece I felt sure I was going to fail haha
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    39. My greatest personal accomplishments are my two children. My greatest professional accomplishment is my masters degree. Next up will be my doctorate!
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    It's really sad but I feel like my own personal greatest accomplishment is my weight loss and physique transformation. Otherwise, I have nothing. I'm amazing with technology, computers but other than that I really need to have that *thing* .. learn a musical instrument, learn a second language, get a degree or start a business.. earn SOMETHING.

I'm in my mid 30's .. :ohwell:

Note: I should add that I did raise 2 well mannered, morally sound great children (so far) that are 10 & 7 but that's not me personally, I'm just one of two that did that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Gonna be 37 on Wednesday. My greatest accomplishment is my daughter by far.
    Agree. At 50 my DD is the center of my life along with my DW.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This kind of sums it up for me:

28761.strip.gif
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    How are kids an accomplishment? How is procreation an accomplishment? You will say, well my kids are so good and pious and smart and great.....but every parent thinks that about their kid.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    How are kids an accomplishment? How is procreation an accomplishment? You will say, well my kids are so good and pious and smart and great.....but every parent thinks that about their kid.

lol... is it sad that I thought the same thing?
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Becoming sober and turning my life around.

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

supt.gif
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Living past 18 and not being another statistic.
  • embrace_the_dark_side
    Options
    I fought the law and the law said sorry