Your Greatest Accomplishment

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this thread would give me some inspiration to fill out this school application that has been sitting on my desk for a month. It didn't. :ohwell:

Fill it out, if for no other reason than the fear of becoming a loser nothing. Wouldn't have see any examples of that in this thread.

so what makes someone a loser?besides actually losing a game , losing weight or losing something?? hmmmmm
    "She was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead.."
    -sings along to music-

I'm a loser, baby. So why don't you kill me?
    ....squeeze me? What dd I say to you?
    Wait, who are you? O.o
    Dafk just happened lolololll

136683287081.gif

Mmmkayyy...

This is my greatest accomplishment today.

Otherwise, it would be building a life that makes me happy -- including but not limited to: owning my own business, having an awesome husband and daughter, an awesome group of friends and really awesome hair. All because I filled out that application for Awesome University that was sitting on my desk.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Losing 100 pounds, finding a job that's almost my absolute dream job, facing my fears and going back to school for my absolute dream job; and I'm 30 - so I've done all this in last 7 years, with my first year of school down.
    Amazing!!! That's what I like to hear!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Losing 100 pounds, finding a job that's almost my absolute dream job, facing my fears and going back to school for my absolute dream job; and I'm 30 - so I've done all this in last 7 years, with my first year of school down.
    Amazing!!! That's what I like to hear!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It definitely has been an adventure. :D
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Overcoming an eating disorder and conquering my beloved one's heart :smile:
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options

Otherwise, it would be building a life that makes me happy -- including but not limited to: owning my own business, having an awesome husband and daughter, an awesome group of friends and really awesome hair. All because I filled out that application for Awesome University that was sitting on my desk.
    Awesome hair is a pretty awesome accomplishment! :)

I'm filling it out...grumbling, but filling it out. Nursing school kicked my butt when I was getting my RN, so I'm dreading NP school.
    "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hitting One-derland today. :D
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

I'm filling it out...grumbling, but filling it out. Nursing school kicked my butt when I was getting my RN, so I'm dreading NP school.
    "I KNOW I CAN!!!!!"

YOU CAN!!!
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hitting One-derland today. :D

Way to go!!!
  • lifegoeson25
    lifegoeson25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    22 - Living a year abroad.
  • peachinator
    peachinator Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My greatest accomplishment thus far has been completing my BS degree while working full time as a single mom in a new state where I know no one.

People like you make me smile so much. Go you! I don't think I could do it. You are strong!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

"I KNOW I CAN!!!!!"

YOU CAN!!!

x2

YOU WILL
  • FormerMarine1
    FormerMarine1 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Becoming a U.S. Marine
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    22 - Living a year abroad.
    This is awesome!

Some days I think this would be cool, but I'm too much of a small hometown kind of girl to make this work for me. It's great that you've had that opportunity!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    22, greatest accomplishments are becoming financially independent from my family and being in my college's political science honor society. Soon I'll be taking the LSAT and hopefully that can be added to my list.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I think it's obvious that mocking recovering alcoholics and dismissing other people's achievements (even if I don't personally agree with them) is so morally repugnant and reprehensible, that I see no point in wasting my time engaging in, what hopefully is an obvious troll. Otherwise, my whatever your higher power be, have mercy on your soul.

For the record, I never mocked anyone... but your point is made. I never defended the guy, I was just saying it is hypocritical and ignorant to go the route of resorting to insults as opposed to rendering a logical argument.

Who insulted anyone?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Look my parents were not involved in my upbringing and look at how I turned out! If I can do it anybody can!

:drinker: "Just when I thought I was out, (NORMI) pull me back in" :drinker:

OH GAWD NORM! :laugh:

IN for all of NORMI's commentary!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Look my parents were not involved in my upbringing and look at how I turned out! If I can do it anybody can!

:drinker: "Just when I thought I was out, (NORMI) pull me back in" :drinker:

OH GAWD NORM! :laugh:

IN for all of NORMI's commentary!

But do you lift?
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Lost 15 pounds and still kept it off! :bigsmile:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    "But do you lift?"

@ Norm