"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp (1 cup) and Tillamook Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge (1 oz.)
    Day 2: Breyers Raspberry Cheesecake Gelato (1/2 cup) and Tillamook Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge (1 oz.)
    Day 3: Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies (1/2 cup), Tillamook Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge (1 oz.), and Trader Joe's PB & J Chocolate Bar
    Day 4: Trader Joe's Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter sandwich (first time trying it and was amazed), Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies (1 cup), Tillamook Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge (1 oz.)
    Day 5: Breyers Raspberry Cheesecake Gelato (1 cup) and Tillamook Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge (1 oz.)
    Day 6: Tillamook Peanut Butter Fudge (1 oz.). Got a little intoxicated and had several hazenut meringue cookies, scoops of homemade vanilla and honey ice cream, and a scoop of TIllamook Oregon Hazelnut & Salted Caramel ice cream.
    Day 7: Missed it due to being hungover and miserable (also like 6 hours of driving). Whoops.
    Day 8: Ben & Jerry's Cake Batter (1 1/2 cups)
    Day 9: A couple little packs of Sixlets (thanks to my coworker donating his kid's Easter candy :bigsmile:) and Ben & Jerry's Boston Cream Pie (1/2 cup)
    Day 10: Tillamook Peanut Butter Fudge (1.32 oz.), Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter (1/2 cup), and Talenti Southern Butter Pecan (1/2 cup). It's not the one, Acrylics. Sigh. :frown:
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    13995369359_19b86a03ff_m.jpg

Awesome pic! Rivals the drunk Denny's pic! And Cupcake's sad face is great. And iPlatano's color and frame control! And all the others -- man, there is a lot of photo creativity ITT.

And incredible food pics to boot!

Good stuff!

I had some sweets early this AM but am also having two girl scout Tagalongs and a bit of port wine tonight. Tagalongs are a rare treat as one of our daughters has a peanut allergy - but she has gotten mature enough that there is little risk of her having an issue and my wife and I have softened the previous total peanut ban in our house. With two scouts in the house, we still have like a dozen boxes of GS cookies around; but we're down to 1 box of Tagalongs, and then a bunch of Trefoils, Thank U Berry Much, and Do-Si-Dos. All the Samoas and Thin Mints are long gone. :frown:
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Banoffee Pie for breakfast and Caramelized Onion Ice Cream for dessert at dinner.

Day 1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
    Day 2: Three Twins Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 3: Chocolate Nutella Angel Food Cake, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Rookery Bread Pudding, Pate & Raspberry Wheat, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 5: Safeway Collassal Cheesecake, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 6: Breez-Inn Apple Fritter, SOB Red Velvet Cake
    Day 7: Mango Cheesecake, Chocolate Boston Cream Cake
    Day 8: Cadburt Egg Brownie, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 9: Banoffee Pie, Carmelized Onion Ice Cream
    Day 10: Banoffee Pie, Carmelized Onion Ice Cream
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Banoffee Pie for breakfast and Caramelized Onion Ice Cream for dessert at dinner.

Day 1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
    Day 2: Three Twins Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 3: Chocolate Nutella Angel Food Cake, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Rookery Bread Pudding, Pate & Raspberry Wheat, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 5: Safeway Collassal Cheesecake, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 6: Breez-Inn Apple Fritter, SOB Red Velvet Cake
    Day 7: Mango Cheesecake, Chocolate Boston Cream Cake
    Day 8: Cadburt Egg Brownie, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 9: Banoffee Pie, Carmelized Onion Ice Cream
    Day 10: Banoffee Pie, Carmelized Onion Ice Cream

Glad to see another Banoffee fan.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Awesome pic! Rivals the drunk Denny's pic!

lol, funny drunk Denny's pic story...

I was actually showing my friends across the table my phone case, and must've opened the camera or had it open, idk. Anyway, I started making faces and taking pics...I took like 5 of them.

"Sorry guys, I was taking selfies..."
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has commented on freakin' White Chocolate Nutella ice cream! OM NOM NOM NOM!

Just caught this. It was AMAZING. The stuff dreams are made of. My first time eating gelato was a win.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Glad to see another Banoffee fan.

I kept seeing so many references to it that I finally had to try it... and now I am a fan.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Day 9: Peach Angel Food Cake

5490ba00-5b08-4bea-8e7c-817443bd32fc.jpg
    :love: WANT!!!

1 Can of No Sugar Added Peaches (I diced mine), including the liquid
    1 Box Angel Food Cake
    Mix. Bake. Eat.

~Approx 150 cals for 1/12 serving... which for me was like 108g... which for angel food cake is apparently pretty big.
    Thanks for posting this!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Mom's lemon cake with strawberries and whipped cream
    Day 2: Chocolate cookie sammich with almond butter
    Day 3: Chocolate and salted caramel pecan froyo
    Day 4: A Barney butter cup
    Day 5: Half a dozen Barney butter cups
    Day 6: Angel food cake with a strawberry
    Day 7: MY SON MADE ME RASPBERRY BROWNIES!!! :love:
    Day 8: Warm raspberry brownie with Talenti Vanilla Bean and a couple squares of Taza stone ground 80% dark chocolate.
    Day 9: Talenti Vanilla Bean with a Barney butter cup chopped into the cup.

Day 10: Oh man, I looooove double Krav class days... TDEE 2400 kcal... I had a full serving each of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate gelato and Jeni's Salty Caramel ice cream. Nom. No pics tonight, but y'all know what it looks like. I didn't know the gelato had chocolate pieces in it... that was a nice surprise. It had that slightly boozey taste that gelato usually does for me, but the tang of the salty caramel ice cream helped a lot to offset it.

Aside, I also had the last two Barney butter cups as a midnight snack, and a raspberry brownie after lunch. And I came in under net while hitting my protein macro. Did I mention that I love double Krav class days? :bigsmile:
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store last night and was so tempted to buy some junk food to eat in "moderation." My biggest craving is for some Sara Lee strawberry cheesecake flavoured ice cream. The calories, fat and sugar is too high so I kept walking in the aisles and made myself to the candy section. I kept trying to see if I could find some "low cal" candy. I saw some Skinny Cow packaged chocolates and was about to get it but put it back after seeing that it's not really low-cal at all (130 cal per tiny serving). I ended up not getting anything but I still have the "binging desire" in the back of my mind.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    Day 3: Ciacco's gelato (custard and chocolate sorbet)
    Day 4: Home-made carrot cupcakes
    Day 5: Moar carrot cupcakes
    Day 6: Last cupcake standing + home-made espresso pudding
    Day 7: White chocolate cranberry cookies
    Day 8: Extra fine milk chocolate with raisins, hazelnuts and almonds.
    Day 9 &10&11: Home-made apple and cinnamon custard tart aka "OHP tart" (thank god it was the last slice, I want something new)
    Day 10 - A whole buncha stuff. Finished off the remaining 3 TJ Blueberry Cheesecake Icecream bites. Also had 4 Cups Cappuccino Kefir topped w/ All Bran & 110g Vanilla Chex, and 3 Honey Nut Rice Cakes topped w/ Cinnamon Bun Whey spread. Lazypostworkoutprebedmeal/10
    JhvM0RX.jpg?1

NO CARBS BEFORE BED BRO :laugh:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 5 Girl Scout Thin Mints & a Twix Ice Cream Bar
    Day 2: 1 - Never too much Peanut Butter Brownie & 1 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodle
    Day 3: 2 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodles & 1 Peanut Butter brownie
    Day 4: 2 Peanut Butter Brownies & 1 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodle
    Day 5: Hurricane Sundae = Fresh baked brownie, 2 warm out of the oven chocolate chips, chocolate ice cream YUM
    Day 6: 1 Peanut Butter Brownie
    Day 7: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan Gelato
    Day 8: Split a Molten Lava Cake with my husband for Mother's Day... YUM... we ate it too quick before I could get a picture
    Day 9: Made puff pastry topped with lemon pudding, fresh fruit & Tiramisu which doesn't look pretty but it's taste good
    Day 10: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan, Tiramisu
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store last night and was so tempted to buy some junk food to eat in "moderation." My biggest craving is for some Sara Lee strawberry cheesecake flavoured ice cream. The calories, fat and sugar is too high so I kept walking in the aisles and made myself to the candy section. I kept trying to see if I could find some "low cal" candy. I saw some Skinny Cow packaged chocolates and was about to get it but put it back after seeing that it's not really low-cal at all (130 cal per tiny serving). I ended up not getting anything but I still have the "binging desire" in the back of my mind.

No one is trying to twist your arm and make you eat sweets. I'm sorry if you feel that way, but that's really not what anyone here is trying to accomplish. The point here is just that eating sweets in moderation can be part of a healthy (and happy) lifestyle. If you don't want them or don't think they're worth the calories then that's fine for you. I'm not going to show up at your house and force you to have delicious gelato. That said, your calorie goal is very low (1300 for a man is probably unnecessary) and imo there's no reason why 130 calories wouldn't fit in a reasonable goal if you wanted it to do so.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options

No one is trying to twist your arm and make you eat sweets. I'm sorry if you feel that way, but that's really not what anyone here is trying to accomplish. The point here is just that eating sweets in moderation can be part of a healthy (and happy) lifestyle. If you don't want them or don't think they're worth the calories then that's fine for you. I'm not going to show up at your house and force you to have delicious gelato. That said, your calorie goal is very low (1300 for a man is probably unnecessary) and imo there's no reason why 130 calories wouldn't fit in a reasonable goal if you wanted it to do so.

@Acrylics: I can see he has a Fitbit. Fitbit settings can be tricky, so it's quite common for Fitbit users to enter a low calorie goal and let Fitbit adjust it properly. I'm doing the same, I have a 1200 calorie goal but no way I'm ever going to eat that low again, I just plan my day, see the red numbers in the morning and ignore them, then I start getting my adjustments and I do some micromanagement.

@GreatDepression: pretty much what Acrylics said, no one is forcing you. However, if you aren't planning on giving up sweets forever, you may want to try the moderation route sooner or later. Buying single servings is usually a good starting point if you want something sweet but you don't trust yourself enough yet. (I still do that with crisps. No big bags around!)
    Pre-planning your day also helps. Those 130 calories (or more) will pop up.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

@Acrylics: I can see he has a Fitbit. Fitbit settings can be tricky, so it's quite common for Fitbit users to enter a low calorie goal and let Fitbit adjust it properly. I'm doing the same, I have a 1200 calorie goal but no way I'm ever going to eat that low again, I just plan my day, see the red numbers in the morning and ignore them, then I start getting my adjustments and I do some micromanagement.

@GreatDepression: pretty much what Acrylics said, no one is forcing you. However, if you aren't planning on giving up sweets forever, you may want to try the moderation route sooner or later. Buying single servings is usually a good starting point if you want something sweet but you don't trust yourself enough yet. (I still do that with crisps. No big bags around!)
    Pre-planning your day also helps. Those 130 calories (or more) will pop up.

Oh I see-- I admit that Fitbit stuff is beyond my expertise. :wink:
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Day1: 1xRegular Size Chocolate Bar
    Day2: 2xHomemade Galaktoboureko + 1xIcecream.
    Day3: Homemade protein ice cream with frozen mix berries.
    Day4: 2xShredding Wheat'n Bran + 1xFatFreeMilk + 2xPB and 1xChocolate Syrup.
    Day5: 1xHomemade Galaktoboureko + 1xwhip cream.
    Day6: 1xRegular Size Chocolate Bar
    Day7: 2xRum Raisin Ice Cream
    Day8: 2xRum Raisin Ice Cream + 1xGalaktoboureko + 1xPB - Mouthgasm.
    Day9: 1xCookies N'cream Yogurt With Oreo Cookie Pieces + 1xRegular Size Chocolate Bar(Snicker)
    Day10: Candy - Ferraro Rocher Hazelnut Chocolate, 3 pieces (38g)
    H7FiecH.jpg?1

Man after my own heart. I love those things.

I could eat them every day for the rest of my life. lol
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I also agree with the other's suggesting to raise you calorie intake. Slowly though.

If you're looking for Low Cal without having to break the calorie bank, look for Edy's Slow Churned 1/2 fat.

http://www.edys.com/

Some are as low as 100 cal per 1/2 cup serving.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Nothing :(
    Day 2 - Risen candies and starburst candies
    Day 3- MORE Risend candies and starburst candies
    Day 4 - Starburst candies (The last in the candy dish) plus a Risen - I couldn't resist the temptation any longer
    Day 5 - One fourth of a chocolate Easter bunny (I ate his ears today) - In actuality, that should be 1/5 of a chocolate bunny (To be specific it's a Mr. Rockstar with star shaped sprinkles in it), when I was dividing up into portion sizes, I got 5 portions for the total grams it said on serving was.
    Day 6 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - I have his head to enjoy today (that sounds really morbid)
    Day 7 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - Today I had the rest of his ears and a bit of one foot
    Day 8 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - Today I had the rest of his feet and part of his body. I also had a Dare fruit snack. Not all the kids were in Junior church today, so I had to eat the rest on my own.
    Day 9 - FIVE Risen caramel candies. I can NOT resist them today! grumble However, considering I have had breakfast and lunch and still have over 600 calories left (not counting my exercise calories), I think it won't matter if I have more, or if something else gets added in.
    Day 10 - Three Lindt milk chocolate squares. Yummy.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Day 10: half a chocolate chip cannoli from the Italian bakery in our neighborhood. Still haven't gotten photobucket to be able to post pictures but I wish I had - not only did it have chocolate chips inside, the whole bottom was dipped in chocolate ganache....

We had a small Italian market open up on Main Street, which is odd considering I basically live in Mayberry USA, but that's exactly what I go there for. Actually, it's Mayfest this weekend. I'm gonna walk down there on Sunday and get one! :smile: