"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm really disappointed in these internets. I can't believe it took 11 days for someone to do this:

I've been wanting to do this since day-1, but I couldn't find any locally, and AmazonPrime ended up sending it "Parcel Pool".

So... without further ado...

I present...

20140514_185022.jpg

That's right... Spotted ****. And I had it with Blue Bunny Cuatro Leches Ice Cream.

20140514_185755.jpg

I've had Spotted **** once before. A friend made a homemade crockpot version. I have no idea about authenticity, but I preferred her Spotted **** to my store-bough Spotted ****. Her Spotted **** was much more enjoyable. Her Spotted **** was soft and gooey. My Spotted ****, while firm, seems rather dry. I did warm up my Spotted **** in the microwave (be careful you don't over heat your Spotted ****), but I still felt my Spotted **** was lacking something. Covering my Spotted **** "four creams" really brought things together.

Day 1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
    Day 2: Three Twins Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 3: Chocolate Nutella Angel Food Cake, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Rookery Bread Pudding, Pate & Raspberry Wheat, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 5: Safeway Collassal Cheesecake, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 6: Breez-Inn Apple Fritter, SOB Red Velvet Cake
    Day 7: Mango Cheesecake, Chocolate Boston Cream Cake
    Day 8: Cadburt Egg Brownie, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 9: Banoffee Pie, Carmelized Onion Ice Cream
    Day 10: Banoffee Pie, Carmelized Onion Ice Cream
    Day 11: Spotted **** w/ Blue Bunny Cuatro Leches Ice Cream
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Ricotta pound cake is in the oven. I hope it's as good as it seems like it would be-- the batter wasn't super sweet.

So how was it? Pics?

I need to take pictures, too, but there hasn't been much picture worthy in my sweets yet. :laugh:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Victory! In the back of the pantry in my efforts to use up open food I found the Girl Scout cookie stash! 3 Samoas tonight finished off that box!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - A sour cream donut rolled in cinnamon sugar (still warm, they were baked off 10 mins before my shift ended so naturally i had to get one to scarf down on the way home) and two rootbeer float flavored marshmallows. Deeeeelicious!
    Day 2 - a serving of Talenti Caramel Apple Pie, a serving of Steve's Sunday Morning Ice Cream, and two vanilla lavender marshmallows
    Day 3 - a serving of Steve's Mint Cacao Chip Ice Cream, what was left of my Jeni's Banana French Toast ice cream (.85 of a serving), 2 vanilla lavender marshmallows and a rootbeer float marshmallow.
    Day 4 - a serving of Steve's Mint Cacao Chip Ice Cream, a dark chocolate covered caramel, and four french macarons
    Day 5 - A serving of Talenti Coffee Chocolate Chip Gelato, a serving of Turkey Hill Lemoni Biskoti, two french macarons, and two rootbeer float marshmallows
    Day 6 - a serving of Jeni's Rainbow Frozen Yogurt and a couple marshmallows in rose vanilla and passion fruit. (passion fruit is ok. i prefer the rose vanilla. it is tastier than the lavender vanilla i have, but none are as good as the root beer float)
    Day 7 - three macarons for breakfast (raspberry, strawberry & plum. the other two were good, but the strawberry one was exceptional!), four homemade caramels after lunch (one lavender, one rosemary and two orange blossom-they are all FANTASTIC) and two cookies that my mom convinced me to try (one was a raspberry thumbprint and the other a chocolate orange cardamom flavor. they were both divine), and for a late night snack i had a rose vanilla marshmallow.
    Day 8 - two caramels and a rootbeer float marshmallow
    Day 9 - today i had my last 3 french macarons for breakfast, then i had Jeni's Ice Cream (1/2 serving of Sweet Corn and Black Raspberries and what was left of the rainbow frozen yogurt which was just shy of a full serving) and a rosemary salted caramel for dinner, and peanut butter cheerios as an after dinner snack.
    Day 10 - A Dark Chocolate covered vanilla butter cream and half of a mini mixed fruit tart.
    Day 11 - free samples at work today :D...i had a vanilla creme filled donut, a chocolate chip cookie & some vanilla cake with a Madagascar vanilla bean butter-cream icing--- honestly I didn't expect the cake to be as good as it was. but there was a ton of vanilla bean paste in the icing and it was phenomenal. if i hadn't already eaten the donut & cookie i would have had more but i had to stop myself at a little over 1/2 a slice.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Day 11: The bitter taste of crushing disappointment. I sampled one square each from two $7 chocolate bars from Bissinger's... Banana pecan caramel Peruvian pink salt, and dulce de leche with sea salt. The dulce de leche seemed like a no-brainer given my tastes, and I spent a WEEK looking forward to the banana one. Both were just, ick, so bad I didn't finish them. Very boozey, like they used cheap chocolate liqueurs in the fillings, although they don't really. And the chocolate itself, while nicely creamy, was kind of dull. 2/10, much regret, wnb again. My tongue feels so violated, even a hot shower wouldn't help it. Yuck. Better luck tomorrow!

Oh no how sad. I hope tomorrow is better!
    Oh yeah, I'll come up with something yumderful tomorrow. In the meantime, if my tragic experience can save just one person from the same hyper-expensive chocolate fail, it was worth it. :laugh: :laugh:

It's strange because Bissingers is usually so good!
    I may have been spoiled by dark chocolate, and/or this kind of filling may just not be my thing. When the package says "caramel," I imagine actual caramel - not a slick liqueur-y truffle-y thing. Maybe I'll take the bars to work tomorrow and see what the guys there think.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, I forgot to say Happy Birthday!

Me too :ohwell: Happy Birthday! :drinker:
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    1: Pb chocolate oat cookies, chocolate icecream with banana
    2: Connoisseur Caramel and macadamia icecream stick
    3: Aero chocolate, Connoisseur honey and pistachio (honey and chocolate combination? Found it unusual but it was okay), Reece's peanut butter (so creamy and sweet -- I don't want any other pb now lol)
    4: Connoisseur cookies & cream (tasted like crushed oreos soaked in vanilla cream -- was okay but lacked the crunchiness and chewiness of a real chocolate cookie that you can eat how you like alongside ice cream), more peanut butter.
    5: Taro flavoured sponge cake (just a slightly funny tasting sponge cake), Connoisseur Madagascan Vanilla (simple but good)
    6: Connoisseur Sumatran coconut (I don't like coconut things like Bounty usually but this was nice)
    7: Dessert Delights Rainbow gum, Chocolate peanut butter pop tarts (whole box, 6 pastries), creme egg.
    8: More gum, 8 oatmeal maple brown sugar pop tarts, 4 Hershey's chocolate fudge pops (not actually that nice, tastes like the sugar free chocolate syrup but way more calories)
    9: 6 Peanut butter pop tarts (no icing, and after all the sugar and peanut butter I've had this week they seemed very plain)
    10: Honey BBQ cracker crisps
    11: Aeroplane jelly mousse as prepared with bisquick biscuit base as prepared (plus whipped cream on top)
    12: Banh deo banana cake (like a banana flavoured mochi), caramello egg, Ben & Jerry's strawberry cheesecake icecream with jelly belly strawberry cheesecake topping
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 5 Girl Scout Thin Mints & a Twix Ice Cream Bar
    Day 2: 1 - Never too much Peanut Butter Brownie & 1 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodle
    Day 3: 2 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodles & 1 Peanut Butter brownie
    Day 4: 2 Peanut Butter Brownies & 1 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodle
    Day 5: Hurricane Sundae = Fresh baked brownie, 2 warm out of the oven chocolate chips, chocolate ice cream YUM
    Day 6: 1 Peanut Butter Brownie
    Day 7: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan Gelato
    Day 8: Split a Molten Lava Cake with my husband for Mother's Day... YUM... we ate it too quick before I could get a picture
    Day 9: Made puff pastry topped with lemon pudding, fresh fruit & Tiramisu which doesn't look pretty but it's taste good
    Day 10: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan, Tiramisu
    Day 11: Bourbon Bread Pudding topped with Talenti Sea Salt Caramel and Bourbon whipped cream YUM!

Bread Pudding is my FAVORITE. Please say you have pictures of this.

No pictures this time, but when you get back from your vacation I will make it again just so you can have pictures :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ricotta pound cake is in the oven. I hope it's as good as it seems like it would be-- the batter wasn't super sweet.

So how was it? Pics?

I need to take pictures, too, but there hasn't been much picture worthy in my sweets yet. :laugh:

The pound cake part is awesome-- I'm not a huge fan of the frosting, would have preferred regular buttercream. But still good. Pics later.
  • sbarella
    Options
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    Day 3: Ciacco's gelato (custard and chocolate sorbet)
    Day 4: Home-made carrot cupcakes
    Day 5: Moar carrot cupcakes
    Day 6: Last cupcake standing + home-made espresso pudding
    Day 7: White chocolate cranberry cookies
    Day 8: Extra fine milk chocolate with raisins, hazelnuts and almonds.
    Day 9 &10&11: Home-made apple and cinnamon custard tart aka "OHP tart"
    Day 12: homemade chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip oatmeal = best breakfast in the world
  • whitebalance
    Options

So how was it? Pics?

The pound cake part is awesome-- I'm not a huge fan of the frosting, would have preferred regular buttercream. But still good. Pics later.
    Yeah, still good.
    still-good1-300x178.png
    Sounded delicious... Can't wait to see!
  • whitebalance
    Options
    Day 12: homemade chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip oatmeal = best breakfast in the world
    Breakfast of champions! I have it on good authority that chocolate chip oatmeal increases your squat depth. #truestory #canihavesomeplease :drinker:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 11: The bitter taste of crushing disappointment. I sampled one square each from two $7 chocolate bars from Bissinger's... Banana pecan caramel Peruvian pink salt, and dulce de leche with sea salt. The dulce de leche seemed like a no-brainer given my tastes, and I spent a WEEK looking forward to the banana one. Both were just, ick, so bad I didn't finish them. Very boozey, like they used cheap chocolate liqueurs in the fillings, although they don't really. And the chocolate itself, while nicely creamy, was kind of dull. 2/10, much regret, wnb again. My tongue feels so violated, even a hot shower wouldn't help it. Yuck. Better luck tomorrow!

Oh no how sad. I hope tomorrow is better!
    Oh yeah, I'll come up with something yumderful tomorrow. In the meantime, if my tragic experience can save just one person from the same hyper-expensive chocolate fail, it was worth it. :laugh: :laugh:

It's strange because Bissingers is usually so good!
    I may have been spoiled by dark chocolate, and/or this kind of filling may just not be my thing. When the package says "caramel," I imagine actual caramel - not a slick liqueur-y truffle-y thing. Maybe I'll take the bars to work tomorrow and see what the guys there think.

Where did you get them from? Are you in St. Louis (that's where Bissingers is located but I think it is available outside Missouri, not sure). I haven't seen those flavors, the banana one wouldn't appeal to me but the dulce de leche sounds promising - although I bet it is a sweeter caramel flavor than just regular old caramel. I haven't bought Bissingers in ages because it is so expensive and I have fallen in love with Kakao chocolate - local, small batches, lots of unique flavors. If I'm going to spend $$ on chocolate that's where I'm headed. They have the best salted caramel truffles EVER.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, I forgot to say Happy Birthday!

Thanks! At 31 not so many exciting birthdays left. Lol. Well I mean, I love my birthday, as you can tell by my post whoring about it, haha, just not as many milestones. :p

nonsense! you're only 31! there are pleeeenty of milestones left.

Happy Birthday :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Day 1: French toast topped with Jeni's banana + honey ice cream
    Day 2: Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies ice cream for breakfast. I'll also have a serving of Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 3: Chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart with Edy's Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup ice cream (see avatar), two Trader Joe's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds (2 is just enough to satisfy), and a serving of TJ's Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 4: Talenti Sicilian Pistachio gelato for breakfast. 2 TJ's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds, and 4 pieces of Brookside dark chocolate covered goji berries tonight.
    Day 5: 2 TJ's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds, my last chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart with Edy's slow churned peanut butter cup ice cream sandwich, and tonight I'll have a serving of Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl cookie butter in my Greek yogurt and a spoonful of Jeni's sweet potato with torched marshmallow ice cream. *giggity*
    Day 6: One spoonful (13g) of Talenti banana chocolate swirl this morning (still tastes like baby food bananas, but I'm not complaining!), and tonight I'm having a serving of Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate ice cream.
    Day 7: So far I've had 2 TJ's dark chocolate almonds, 4 Brookside dark chocolate goji berries, and French toast with 94g of Jeni's bananas + honey ice cream. Pic is my avatar, since I can't seem to resize from my phone. Much better this time. I used regular Martin's potato bread instead of the rolls, added cinnamon to the egg and used a little lite syrup.
    Day 8: My daughter made me pancakes for breakfast, and I poured a little Hershey's syrup on a couple of them. At lunch I had strawberry pretzel salad, a small piece of chocolate raspberry birthday cake, with frosting that tasted like whipped milk chocolate, and an even smaller piece of white cake with buttercream frosting.
    Day 9: Finished off the Edy's peanut butter cup (98g) for breakfast. I mean, really, could I let 32g of ice cream sit in that big container all alone?
    Day 10: So far...2 TJ's dark chocolate almonds, 4 Brookside dark chocolate goji berries, 2 small leftover pancakes straight out of the fridge with chocolate syrup, and I'm about to finish off my pint of Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies. Also Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl is going in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 11: Talenti Sicilian Pistachio for breakfast. I had to make some changes last night because my macros were off, so I swapped the Speculoos for Kashi Indigo Morning cereal, and had a bit of the Safeway honey vanilla praline frozen Greek yogurt. I think this one is going to be a keeper! The consumer review I read compared the honey to cough syrup. I didn't think it tasted like cough syrup, but the texture reminded me of a medicine I took when I was a kid. The pralines were nice and crunchy, and it had the tartness from the yogurt. I can't wait to have a full serving!
    Day 12: 2 TJ's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds, and I finished up the 147g of Steve's NOLA Coffee & Donuts ice cream, just to be done with it. Even the donuts at the bottom were hard and stale tasting. :frown: I may have to have something else to make up for that disappointment.
  • sbarella
    Options
    Breakfast of champions! I have it on good authority that chocolate chip oatmeal increases your squat depth. #truestory #canihavesomeplease :drinker:
    Tomorrow is lifting day, so there's only one way to find out :wink:
    (an unplanned gelato popped up ot nowhere today... Custard and panna cotta. It kind of effed up my calories for today and I could've chosen a fruit sorbet instead but hey, I'm always under my fat goal! :laugh: )
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Chocolate & Vanilla Pudding Cup, and M & M cookie
    Day 2 - Vanilla Pudding Cup, Cadbury Fruit & Nut Bar
    Day 3 - Butterscoth Pudding, and Costco Tuxedo cake
    Day 4 - Chocolate Fudge Pudding and Costco Tuxedo cake
    Day 5 - Toffee Caramel Pudding and Piece of coworkers retirement Cake
    Day 6 - Vanilla Pudding Cup & Brown Sugar Fudge (6 pcs)
    Day 7 - Chocolate Fudge Pudding cup & Brown Sugar Fudge (2 pcs)
    Day 8 - Butterscotch Pudding Cup
    Day 9 - Chocolate Caramel Pudding Cup & 2 homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies & 1 C Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch Ice Cream
    Day 10 - Vanila Pudding Cup & 1 cup of Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch Ice Cream
    Day 11 - Chocolate Fudge Pudding cup & serving of McCain Deep and Delicious Marble Cake

I have a pudding eating fetish!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Chocolate & Vanilla Pudding Cup, and M & M cookie
    Day 2 - Vanilla Pudding Cup, Cadbury Fruit & Nut Bar
    Day 3 - Butterscoth Pudding, and Costco Tuxedo cake
    Day 4 - Chocolate Fudge Pudding and Costco Tuxedo cake
    Day 5 - Toffee Caramel Pudding and Piece of coworkers retirement Cake
    Day 6 - Vanilla Pudding Cup & Brown Sugar Fudge (6 pcs)
    Day 7 - Chocolate Fudge Pudding cup & Brown Sugar Fudge (2 pcs)
    Day 8 - Butterscotch Pudding Cup
    Day 9 - Chocolate Caramel Pudding Cup & 2 homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies & 1 C Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch Ice Cream
    Day 10 - Vanila Pudding Cup & 1 cup of Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch Ice Cream
    Day 11 - Chocolate Fudge Pudding cup & serving of McCain Deep and Delicious Marble Cake

I have a pudding eating fetish!

Really? :laugh:

I love pudding. Just having a hard time finding puddings I really love... if it makes sense. When I lived in France, it was easy, here... yeah not so much. The Kozy Shack puddings are ok, but that's about it. I hate the jello stuff (the sugar free chocolate mousse is fine, but I don't like the rest). What kind of pudding do you buy?

Day 1 - Sweet Freedom vanilla ice cream and a chocolate protein milkshake
    Day 2 - Pancakes and single serving vanilla cake
    Day 3 - Kugel, more pancakes
    Day 4 - Kugel for breakfast. Protein cheesecake at lunch. Pancakes for dinner.
    Day 5 - Kugel and pancakes for breakfast. Chocolate protein milk shake as a snack. Yoplait frozen Greek yogurt with honey and caramel bar for lunch.
    Day 6 - Protein cheesecake, cheese danish
    Day 7 - Protein cheesecake, chocolate croissant. Apple pie a la mode, two bread slices with cream cheese and berry jam, and a serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 8 - Protein cheesecake. A Yoplait frozen Greek yogurt with caramel and honey bar, and a square of Cote d'Or dark chocolate.
    Day 9 - Protein berry smoothie, Talenti sea salt caramel gelato, 3/4 cup of fat free chocolate frozen yogurt
    Day 10 - Two buttermilk eggo waffles stuffed with sweet cream cheese, a jello sugar free chocolate mousse, and one of Desserts for Two ricotta cupcakes.
    Day 11 - Two mini danishes (one chocolate, one cream cheese), talenti sea salt caramel gelato , way too many sugar puffs, and a cream cheese and jelly sandwich. Was a bad day.

Day 12 - Yoplait frozen Greek yogurt strawberry with granola bar, one Dove mini chocolate egg, and some Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom vanilla ice cream (I actually really like it, and only 90 calories a serving!).