Why in the world would a guy wear jeans at the gym???

Options

Replies

• ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I once forgot my socks and so worked out in my black dress socks.

I've also worked out in my swim trunks because I forgot my shorts.

BRB I'm going to make a thread.
    Also forgot to mention I've swam in my shorts because I forgot my swim trunks.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    and this is why I don't go to the gym

No doubt, ^this...

...because I'd give up the single most important factor in my overall health because some random stranger might have an observation about my attire and make a thread about it on a website.

Wait...never mind.

edit: *not* ^this.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    On the weekend, my hubby and I climbed a mountain. On the way down, there was a guy coming up with jeans on.. wtf??

In August 2002 I climbed the highest peak east of the Rockies and west of the Alps in jeans.

I'm not aware of anyone making a thread about it.

Have you tried the search feature?

(LOLMFPforumsearchfeature :laugh:)

LOL Joffed.

I don't think you're going to be able to breathe life into this one.

But I may be wrong.

Or it may be more effective to wait two or three years and then do some random response.

<-- makes reminder in calendar for 5/5/2015.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    (This thread is already dead and I missed it, isn't it.

*sigh*

I always miss all the good threads.

:kicks rocks:)

No...this thread isn't dead...we are all out just doing research.

Some are looking for weird attire at the gym...well...not me...I was looking for older jacked men that I could watch.

So far...not a single one...
  • HershFam5
    HershFam5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Maybe his schedule has him stopping at the gym on his way home from work, and he doesn't want to waste a good workout changing. There is nothing wrong with whatever you want to wear, just as long as you're working out. Some of us are more comfortable in our jeans than we are in wearing workout clothes. To each his own. :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

*sigh*

Some are looking for weird attire at the gym...well...not me...I was looking for older jacked men that I could watch.

What's the cutoff for "older"?
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    and this is the reason I don't work out in a gym. If people care this much about some dude wearing jeans, what are you really thinking about the overweight person working out. Geez. Grow up.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    then again, maybe he IS a bouncer, or cop... and works out in the functional clothes he performs his job in cos he knows he won't have time to change into work-out gear before bouncing someone or chasing someone or subduing someone.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    and this is the reason I don't work out in a gym. If people care this much about some dude wearing jeans, what are you really thinking about the overweight person working out. Geez. Grow up.
    Best not to go outside either - likely even MORE people will be 'judgung' you than at a gym! :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I wear my fancy work clothes to use the gym at work during my lunch break. DOES THAT BOTHER YOU TOO?!!? :sad:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Best not to go outside either - likely even MORE people will be 'judgung' you than at a gym! :)

That's why I live in a hole in the ground so I can avoid anyone looking at me and making a harmless observation. Life is scary that way and must be avoided at all costs. I'm a delicate flower, after all.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm running in my jeans from now on. :devil:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    guy at my gym lifts in construction boots and jeans and a sweatshirt- new weather = boots, shorts and sweatshirt.

weird but whatever.

I think it's dumb as hell- but I don't think about him other than- why doesn't that tool put the bench back to the free weight area after doing seated over head presses in the power cage.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

*sigh*

What's the cutoff for "older"?

If I am just window shopping...at least 40...any younger than that...it is too painful...reminds me that I am old!
  • mickey9694
    mickey9694 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Now bear with me here. MAYBE, just maybe, and this is entirely conjecture, but maybe he wore the jeans because he finds them comfy to work out in. OR, maybe they were just convenient, like he came directly from work. Crazy, right?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    REALLY?
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Some people are just clueless.

But I do give him props for at least showing up at the gym!

Why are they clueless if they work out in jeans?
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm running in my jeans from now on. :devil:

If you wanted someone to start a thread about you all you had to do was ask. ????
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would anyone care what someone else in wearing at the gym enough to post it on a fitness website?

For real though, I just focus on me when I'm at the gym.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    That's why I live in a hole in the ground so I can avoid anyone looking at me and making a harmless observation. Life is scary that way and must be avoided at all costs. I'm a delicate flower, after all.
    Well, being a flower, that's exactly where you should be!

Wait, you just got JUDGED.

Even in your hole, you can't avoid it!

And then there's the worms ....