Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Gah I think my feet are rebelling or something!!

I went for my run yesterday and surprisingly did my whole 2 miles. That week off from exercise did me a load of good!!! Both my bf and I felt amazing when we finished. My calves were tight but I had no pain in my shins...no pain in my knees or hips either. The arch of my foot only started getting that ripping sensation at the very end of my route so I just took it easy back to my car so I wouldn't cause any more damage. I felt AMAZING though!

Then this morning I'm walking out to my car to head to work, and I twist my ankle. :grumble:

It's not horrible like a sprain, but I can definitely feel it. Hoping to ice it tonight and have it ready to go for tomorrow.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Rach sorry to hear this. Is it the same foot as your plantar fasciitis?

Karen
  • RachVR6
    Options

Karen

Nope it's the opposite. :laugh:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Everyone's doing great!
  • SweetPandora
    Options

Karen

Well now you should be evenly balanced......lol

Karen
  • RachVR6
    Options

Karen

Well now you should be evenly balanced......lol

Karen

:laugh: Just call me Gimpy!!
  • js775219
    Options
    I realize this is very very late, but I have always strived to be a walking Vargas girl and if you can add me in late, I would love to be added! Just let me know what I need to do!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I realize this is very very late, but I have always strived to be a walking Vargas girl and if you can add me in late, I would love to be added! Just let me know what I need to do!

Just send me your current weight, weigh-in with us on Mondays, and chat here all week long. :)
  • js775219
    Options

Just send me your current weight, weigh-in with us on Mondays, and chat here all week long. :)

You're awesome, I weighed in at 245 this past week, and last week I was 243.4 and the week before I was 247...me weight fluctuates like crazy (or my scale does...IDK) I'm glad to meet other pin-ups!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So what types of exercises does everyone do? I started in April and was just walking my neighborhood, I trained with C25k, and then bought Just Dance for the Wii. I dropped a little of 30lbs be doing those 3. In Sept, I bought 30 day shred and I just finished level 2 today, since I started doing 30DS (I did 16days straight and slacked on everything else) I lost 9in in that time. I've picked up my walking and my own jogging whenever I feel the need to and I just bought Just Dance 2.
    So, for me, it's been walking, C25k, dancing, and 30 day shred. What about you all?
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I did P90x off and on before. Right now I'm doing C25k, but I'm trying to reclaim my P90x from a friend that I lent it to.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Well before I got completely derailed by sewing Halloween costumes, I was doing pilates, yoga, and a cardio walk video. I haven't done much of anything in 2 weeks. I'm hoping to get back into gear tonight with Just Dance 2 or the cardio walk or maybe just some stretching. I'm very sore from doing nothing besides being bent over a sewing machine.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    For those of you NEW pin-ups...meaning anyone who joined after we originally started...if you know what your weight was 8 weeks ago and want me to put that in for your start weight, so that your average loss per a week is more accurate, feel free. :)

Right now I'm just dividing your total weight loss by the number of weeks we've been doing this...but I know some of you don't have a full 7 weeks of weigh-in's in the chart. Whatever current weight you sent me when you joined in, I put as your start weight.

Make sense? lol
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Welcome js and bru!

I currently try to go to the gym 5 days a week at lunch time and do classes, TM or elliptical.

In the evening I do P90X at home.

I also like to run.

Karen
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    So i'm the worst at remembering to weigh-in!! Dont worry about putting it on the chart, but i had a loss of 2.2 lbs. :)
    LW: 148.2
    CW: 146.0
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I do kick boxing and the husband and I go walking every day after he gets home from work. I also occasionally do the wii fit. I've been doing the kick boxing more and the wii less lately. :)
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have joint problems and am perpetually broke, so I WALK.....FAST!

I started out walking 60 minutes 4 days a week and 35 minutes + Jillian Michaels "Shape Up" DVD 2 days. . I slowly worked up to 2 days a week of 60 minute walks and 4 days of 35 min walk + JM vid, but last week my knees and ankles started to hurt a lot, so I decided to give Jillian a rest for a week. Hopefully the joints will be oiled and ready to go next week so I can start on her other "Maximize" DVDs. I've lost 13lbs in about 8 weeks with this exercise regimen and tracking cals.

I'm obsessed with Jillian! Although the jumping jacks, jumping rope, etc in her workouts hurt my joints some, her hard-*kitten* attitude really works with me. I need a drill sargeant to keep me from making weak excuses. I just ordered 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones from Amazon.com, but since my mom has to mail them to me halfway around the world, they probably won't be in my hands for another 6 weeks or so. I figure those in addition to the 5 DVDs I've already got should be enough to keep Jillian on rotation for a while! :bigsmile:

PROGRESS NOTE: I'm REALLY stressed out this week (GRE on Saturday and organizing some big events at work), and today I thought, ":explode: AHHHHHhHH!:explode: So stressed right now, I just need to SWEAT!"

Then I paused for a moment in amazement that that thought really just went through my mind. In the past, SWEAT was always replaced by EAT LOTS OF ICE CREAM!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    ACK! How can it be week 8???
    Great job everyone, just for staying with it this long! Up and down, hanging in for 8 weeks is really great!

It's going by really fast!! LOL
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    So what types of exercises does everyone do?

I do Insanity (doing my second round now) I think this is a DVD set everyone should own LOL
    I did a round of Hip Hop Abs LV2
    Brazil Butt Lift here and there - I can never seem to go beyond the second week LOL

Today I purchased Jackie Warner Xtreme Time saver. I seen that a lot of people are using Jillian Micheal dvds, so I want to go a different route. I own Jillian's shape up series but she actually didn't motivate me and had me break down crying (when I was 175lbs) and that's when I said screw it I'm doing Insanity (I LOVE Shaun T has a fitness trainer). I had that "Go Hard or go home" mind set about truly changing my body in a short amount of time (yeah I'm an impatient person lol)

I also plan on getting Turbo Fire or Zumba. I can't decide which one yet lol
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of the 30 Day Shred and Week 1 of C25K. Also included some walking and zumba once a week.