Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• sheilabennett
    Options
    Sheila & Rach - *hugs* Try making yourself a nice cup of green tea and reflect on how far you have gone. Rach didn't you find some relief in looking at photos of your journey. Sheila it's still not too late, if you start fresh right now and put down the bread you may see a nice difference by the time of your party!

ok, I can do this... I just need to stop being lazy and making excuses for myself. I am going to do level II of the 30 day shred as soon as i get home... I got this! Thanks Karen, you always make me feel better!

ps - congrats on your loss, maybe things are stabalizing?
  • js775219
    Options
    Thanks everybody; I know it's not about a certain weight, but it's frustrating to think that after all this effort, I'll still be in a size 18 trousers. But I am not giving up, and if I'm meant to be in a size 18, I am going to be the most athletic and toned size 18 anybody has ever seen.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Woot! Now that's the attitude Pin-Ups!

We can do this, together, one day, one breathe and one pound at a time!

Karen
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing the C25K but I'm not real sure how it works.

I just weighed in for the day. I was feeling rotten all day and then I got on the scale and saw I had lost!! Made my day so much better.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm lovin' this thread today. Remember, sizes are just numbers on clothes and on the scale! It has taken me so long to even be able to write that and there days when I still don't believe it. But on the RATIONAL days I KNOW it's true. Marilyn Monroe was like a size 16 or something right? I have to believe that 100% of being a PIN-UP is ATTITUDE!!! That's why we have responded so well to this particular group!

One thing I tell myself all the time; I cannot control what goes on around me, what others say to me or about about me. I can only control what I do everyday. That means doing what I can and forgiving myself when I make a mistake. The mistakes do not define who I am. Sometimes when things get out of control, I can usually find SOME way to control PART of the chaos. Even if that only means controlling what food I eat, how much I move and the water I drink. And if I can't do all three I shoot for two and if I can't do two... I just do ONE. Just one. Until I can get back on track.

Ladies, we've got this. It might take us longer than we thought, (it has for me). It might be harder than we expected, (yes). There are going to be things, (people/injuries) that try to drag us down, (true for all, yet different for everyone). But screw that cr@p. We're tough!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    ^5 Karin - well said! *hugs*

Karen
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Okay! Time to get back on track!

My goal for today is to drink 8 cups of water before I get off work. I've been reusing one of those little 8oz water bottles (so cute!) so at then end of every hour, if there's anything left in the bottle I'll chug it and refill for the next hour.

And there'll be no fast food for lunch today because I don't have a car again and my bf is kind enough to drop me off this morning.

Cheers to today!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Oh and if I really focus and lose just a little over 1lb a week, I'll be able to reach my goal of being 160lbs when my family visits at the end of January!!! Perfectly attainable!! :happy:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Take off a paper clip everytime I finish one. :laugh: I'm on the ball today!!

69144_448664178345_630193345_5220756_7316487_n.jpg
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    That's the cutest little bottle! I just have a huge one that I fill up twice, well at least twice a day. :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    That's the cutest little bottle! I just have a huge one that I fill up twice, well at least twice a day. :laugh:

The big ones intimidate me. Lol! Plus, everytime I finish it I have to get up and go refill it.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Where's is everyone today??

I'm full of energy and bored at work! lol
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I'm around, just finished making a hat/scarf combo for a Christmas present, now onto 30 day shred and then some yummy chicken and spinach pizza :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well this week has not been a good week at all. With school, work and home life, there are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done and so my workouts have been pushed to the back burner.

I've been beating myself up over it because I feel like I've failed at a goal I made for myself and that just bugs me. But I must remember I'm not super woman and I can't do it all. But with beating myself up about the workouts, I've also let my eating slip this week and I'm more upset about that then anything.

I don't want to slip back into my old self. My heavier self. So I'm going to stop doing the P90X program, I think stopping it until this summer will ease my stress a bit and will help me focus back onto my eating and at least taking care of that part of my life.

I can do this, I just have to give myself credit for what I've accomplished and for pushing through the rough spots.
  • alyz
    alyz Posts: 41
    Options
    Well Rach, your water bottle strategy is making me feel guilty. As we speak, I am drinking a coke. A real coke. Not a diet coke A REAL ONE! I know it's a really horrible decision. Do you ever just NEED a coke though? That's me today. I am always very good at fighting cravings, but not when TOM is here. At least it wasn't greasy french fries right? Ugh.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    My boyfriend brought me lunch. Sweet right?

Well he was an *kitten* the whole time, and ended up just leaving halfway through my break.

Now my good mood is gone, and I'm sitting here angry and frustrated. Gah!!!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I"m sorry Rach. Is this the boyfriend you said you've been having problems with? Boys suck sometimes. Hugs
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    My theory is that boys are scum... even when they are really great. but this is coming from a girl who has been single WAY too long! So I might be a lilttle biased. But you got a free meal right?
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I do the water cup thing also. Lately I've been slacking but usually I would get 2 to 3 cups of in water in per hour.

In the mornings though I have to watch how much I drink or else during my Insanity workout I'm running to the bath alot before I pee myself! LOL.

Before I would get 12 - 16 cups a day in. Lately I've been super busy and slacking with my water but picking it back up cause when I drank over 10 cups of water, that's when I see the scale drop more lol

I view the lbs lost has water weight. Instead of thinking 2lbs of fat gone I'm like oh yeah 2lbs of water weight. I don't know why but for some reason it helps making weight loss so much easier! LOL