Redheads ... Hot or Not?

Options

Replies

• trisha986
    trisha986 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have such a weak spot for redhead men...ridiculous really. After being with mostly dark haired guys in the past, I finally married my husband who is a redhead :-)

I'm not attracted to women but do find many redhead ladies very beautiful. I admit though I often kinda scoff at women calling themselves redheads because they dye their hair a reddish color. To me a redhead is someone with classic "ginger" look of freckly coloring and light eyes or the pale skin, brown eyes (which my husband has)...but that's just me.

I am clearly NOT a redhead but when I used to color my hair auburn in the 90's I got so many guys coming onto me due to my "red hair", to me that's sort of funny...it was very clearly fake. To me that is just not the same thing at all as being a redhead. JMHO.

I agree.

I am half Latina (Puerto Rican) and half Irish, but I am very much light skinned with some freckles. But in a weird way, with all those Irish traits, I don't have the standard Irish girl "look" so people often ask me if I'm a natural redhead. I am, but I do color my hair different shades of red. Right now it's a dark red that looks brown in pictures.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Redheads are calculated, unadulterated evil.

It's wise to avoid them. Those bishes should come with warning labels.

^ This. I live with 3 of them . . .
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    All things being equal, I'll take the redhead.

AMEN!!!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My dad had hair to rival the Weasleys, but mine is more like an old penny. Still red, but more on the auburn side of things. I did inherit my mom's olive-green eyes, though. I'm tempted to do the 23andme.com testing to see if I'm a genetic redhead. Apparently auburn ≠ redhead from a gene standpoint (i.e. the associated pros and cons to having red hair, like needing more anesthesia and increased likelihood of skin cancer, whee!), so curious just how much of Dad I inherited. :)

That said, I'd almost prefer to look my mom, with her Native American genetics - thick dark hair, long slender fingers, skin that just gets golden in the sun - rather than my INSTA-BURN corpse-white skin, stubby German man-hands, and super-tangly ultra-fine hair. ;)

Grass is always greener, amirite?
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    We are not all hot heads! And I haven't stolen a soul in years!

Lmao Love this. Yeah it's been a while for me too :tongue:
    As a redhead myself, I have found that some men are super into redheads (they are usually kind of weird men, including my husband).

Redheaded women=hot.

Redhead men=not (they ALL look like they could be my brother...gross).

Hahaha maybe that's why I'm not into redheaded guys. I don't want to look like I'm dating a family member. :sick:

Exactly! You will NEVER see a redhead man and woman together...ever! It's too creepy.

My cousin is a gorgeous red head married to a very handsome, manly red head, and they have two red headed kids together. They are a very nice looking family. :happy:
  • trisha986
    Options
    Gross! Also they have no souls!

Be careful or I might steal yours! :devil:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    79994035.jpg
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm an adult, I get lots of compliments. I like to dye it different colors of red. I've always been a proud redhead! But you still get the little soul-less, ginger jokes. I personally find redhead women hot! Men, however, I tend to prefer dark hair.

It's funny how times change. I was also teased non-stop when I was a kid for having red hair and freckles. Bucked teeth didn't help either. Even my dad would tease me saying I could eat corn through a picket fence (they were baaaaaad!!) Braces, age, and men's tastes seem to have changed all of that. I also like to play with the shade of red. I tried to go blond once but it turned out more of a strawberry blond. I couldn't get rid of the red, even if I tried, but now I'm totally ok with it.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I think redheads are gawjuss and I think gingers are pretty hot too. :love:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I love redheads by the way. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My sisters are both red heads and I think they are beautiful. They are hotheads though. Lol
  • trisha986
    Options
    My dad had hair to rival the Weasleys, but mine is more like an old penny. Still red, but more on the auburn side of things. I did inherit my mom's olive-green eyes, though. I'm tempted to do the 23andme.com testing to see if I'm a genetic redhead. Apparently auburn ≠ redhead from a gene standpoint (i.e. the associated pros and cons to having red hair, like needing more anesthesia and increased likelihood of skin cancer, whee!), so curious just how much of Dad I inherited. :)

That said, I'd almost prefer to look my mom, with her Native American genetics - thick dark hair, long slender fingers, skin that just gets golden in the sun - rather than my INSTA-BURN corpse-white skin, stubby German man-hands, and super-tangly ultra-fine hair. ;)

Grass is always greener, amirite?

Very interesting, the fact that you say auburn isn't the same as a true redhead. My father is a TRUE carrot top redhead, but my mom is Latina and has very dark hair. I came out right in the middle. Definitely more of an auburn color. Cancer is prevalent on both sides so I don't get a pass on that unfortunately. I do with I inherited my mothers beautiful Olive skin just so I don't have to burn so easily!!! :grumble:
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If the redhead looks this hot. Anytime !!!! :-)

[HTTP] 43127641_8478.jpg [/HTTP]
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have such a weak spot for redhead men...ridiculous really. After being with mostly dark haired guys in the past, I finally married my husband who is a redhead :-)

I'm not attracted to women but do find many redhead ladies very beautiful. I admit though I often kinda scoff at women calling themselves redheads because they dye their hair a reddish color. To me a redhead is someone with classic "ginger" look of freckly coloring and light eyes or the pale skin, brown eyes (which my husband has)...but that's just me.

I am clearly NOT a redhead but when I used to color my hair auburn in the 90's I got so many guys coming onto me due to my "red hair", to me that's sort of funny...it was very clearly fake. To me that is just not the same thing at all as being a redhead. JMHO.

I agree.

I am half Latina (Puerto Rican) and half Irish, but I am very much light skinned with some freckles. But in a weird way, with all those Irish traits, I don't have the standard Irish girl "look" so people often ask me if I'm a natural redhead. I am, but I do color my hair different shades of red. Right now it's a dark red that looks brown in pictures.

oh I totally understand that! I had a Puerto Rican friend in high school with gorgeous red hair. She also had freckles. BTW I didn't mean there aren't other types of natural redheads but I know a lot of girls who just randomly stick a box of red Clairol on and start whining about how they're teased for being a redhead with a temper...ANNOYING!! haha
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I just mailed in my 23andme; so did my husband, who is dark-haired (but has a red beard). We have 1 kid with light brown hair and 1 with strawberry blonde. He has to have the redhead gene since we ended up with 1!
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    gingerfreckles.jpg
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
  • trisha986
    Options
    Now that I'm an adult, I get lots of compliments. I like to dye it different colors of red. I've always been a proud redhead! But you still get the little soul-less, ginger jokes. I personally find redhead women hot! Men, however, I tend to prefer dark hair.

It's funny how times change. I was also teased non-stop when I was a kid for having red hair and freckles. Bucked teeth didn't help either. Even my dad would tease me saying I could eat corn through a picket fence (they were baaaaaad!!) Braces, age, and men's tastes seem to have changed all of that. I also like to play with the shade of red. I tried to go blond once but it turned out more of a strawberry blond. I couldn't get rid of the red, even if I tried, but now I'm totally ok with it.

Definitely funny how the tables turn!!

I've ran into some guys that have teased me as a kid, and now they're like :love: ... who has the last laugh now!! hahaha
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    I have dated redheads and it has been an excellent experience in each case. Better or worse than the blondes and brunettes? Hmmmm....tough to say.

Do we really have hot tempers like they generalize in comparison to other hair colors? I like to think we are just passionate people. Lol

YES they have hot tempers! I have two little redheads at home and holy crap are they ever "passionate" lol.

I LOVE redheads. I may be biased (but I don't think so ;))
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Red heads are hot! and that is all!