Replies

• gchris3838
    gchris3838 Posts: 134
    Options
    hot!
  • _Stardust_
    _Stardust_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If the redhead looks this hot. Anytime !!!! :-)

43127641_8478.jpg

FIFY

And that's not a redhead.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I think redheads are gorgeous and I think gingers are pretty hot too. :love:

FIFY
  • oboeadam
    oboeadam Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Every race/hair color/eye color has members within it that are attractive, including redheads :).
  • trisha986
    trisha986 Posts: 139
    Options
    My dad had hair to rival the Weasleys, but mine is more like an old penny. Still red, but more on the auburn side of things. I did inherit my mom's olive-green eyes, though. I'm tempted to do the 23andme.com testing to see if I'm a genetic redhead. Apparently auburn ≠ redhead from a gene standpoint (i.e. the associated pros and cons to having red hair, like needing more anesthesia and increased likelihood of skin cancer, whee!), so curious just how much of Dad I inherited. :)

I just mailed in my 23andme; so did my husband, who is dark-haired (but has a red beard). We have 1 kid with light brown hair and 1 with strawberry blonde. He has to have the redhead gene since we ended up with 1!

I've been dying to try 23andme! If you remember, post your results on here! I'd love to hear what came of them :)
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options

FIFY

Thanks! Couldn't get the tags right.

To the OP, yes Redheads rock, and you most certainly do !
  • DarylLouis
    DarylLouis Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Darlin' with regards to your hair colour, you don't got nothing to worry about haha, you look piff x
  • trisha986
    Options

43127641_8478.jpg

FIFY

I have my hair currently colored a dark red, but it always looks brunette in pictures, unfortunately..
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hair color doesn't matter.. learned over my lifetime that what's on the outside doesn't matter if the inside is ugly.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My dad had hair to rival the Weasleys, but mine is more like an old penny. Still red, but more on the auburn side of things. I did inherit my mom's olive-green eyes, though. I'm tempted to do the 23andme.com testing to see if I'm a genetic redhead. Apparently auburn ≠ redhead from a gene standpoint (i.e. the associated pros and cons to having red hair, like needing more anesthesia and increased likelihood of skin cancer, whee!), so curious just how much of Dad I inherited. :)

I just mailed in my 23andme; so did my husband, who is dark-haired (but has a red beard). We have 1 kid with light brown hair and 1 with strawberry blonde. He has to have the redhead gene since we ended up with 1!

I've been dying to try 23andme! If you remember, post your results on here! I'd love to hear what came of them :)

I should get the results in about 3 weeks! I'm so excited! My husband's grandmother was actually from Ireland (she was dark-haired). We're hoping to find some close cousins to go visit there!
  • trisha986
    Options
    79994035.jpg

Lol!! I admit some of the redhead memes making fun of us are funny. But it gets old hearing it alllllllll the time!!!
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

43127641_8478.jpg

FIFY

I have my hair currently colored a dark red, but it always looks brunette in pictures, unfortunately..

There is nothing unfortunate about that pic! Amazing!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

That said, I'd almost prefer to look my mom, with her Native American genetics - thick dark hair, long slender fingers, skin that just gets golden in the sun - rather than my INSTA-BURN corpse-white skin, stubby German man-hands, and super-tangly ultra-fine hair. ;)

Grass is always greener, amirite?

Very interesting, the fact that you say auburn isn't the same as a true redhead. My father is a TRUE carrot top redhead, but my mom is Latina and has very dark hair. I came out right in the middle. Definitely more of an auburn color. Cancer is prevalent on both sides so I don't get a pass on that unfortunately. I do with I inherited my mothers beautiful Olive skin just so I don't have to burn so easily!!! :grumble:

From the wiki: "Red hair appears in people with two copies of a recessive gene on chromosome 16 which causes a mutation in the MC1R protein." So you can have reddish hair (i.e. the red-brown auburn) without necessarily having the 'official' redhead mutation. Genotype vs. phenotype, blah blah science blah not enough caffeine in my system to bloviate. ;)
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

OK, srsly, I know like 3 people with dark brown head hair, and bright russet beards. What is WITH that?!? ;)
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My fiance is a fan.
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    gingers_zpse39c29b3.jpg
    ginger_zpsd18b31f9.jpg
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    HOT!!!
  • trisha986
    Options

FIFY

There is nothing unfortunate about that pic! Amazing!

Oh gosh now seeing my bikini pic in this thread is making me feel exposed hahaha. Thank you though!
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    Definitely hot. My last 2 girlfriends had red hair.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

OK, srsly, I know like 3 people with dark brown head hair, and bright russet beards. What is WITH that?!? ;)

It's really common!

Sometimes it seems to be a total surprise to the guy, who has always just had brown/dark brown hair -- but other times it's guys who were true redheads as kids and their hair on their heads got darker with age. My husband still definitely has red hair by anyone's definition, but in low light it could pass for auburn/reddish brown. However his beard is more of an orangey, fiery red.